RPG ORCHESTRAL ESSENTIALS - ROYALTY-FREE MUSIC

Pages: first 12 next last

Hey there fellow RPG enthusiasts!

I have just started releasing a free video game music library with a bunch of royalty-free video game tracks covering various themes and scenarios, all with an orchestral aesthetic. I will be releasing a new free track every week until they have all been released!

You can check out the tracks and download the free .MP3s here:

How to download:
1) Click the link "RPG Orchestral Essentials" above
2) Click on the big orange button titled "LEGACY"
3) Scroll down to the "Versions" section with a small table
4) Under the "Download" column, click the big blue "Free MP3" button
5) Enter "0" as a price on the new popup window (or if you are feeling generous, name your own price!)
6) Click the big blue "Buy now"
7) Done! You'll get sent a download link to your email
8) Remember to credit the track in the credits list of your game! A good example is in the FAQ below!

Examples:

FAQ

Where can I use these tracks?
These tracks can be used in any project! While they are intended for use in video games, they can be used in other mediums (if you can make them fit, I applaud you!)

It's free?! Are you pulling my leg? :O
Yep - it's free! The .MP3 versions of the tracks are completely free to download and use, but you can also grab higher quality versions of the recordings for a small price (including an .OGG file, and the original .WAV file).

Is this music royalty-free?
Yep - entirely! The tracks I release in this library are all royalty-free! I have released the free MP3s under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license (see the question below) so you do need to credit the track(s), but otherwise, there is nothing else you have to do!

Do I have to credit/attribute you if I use these in my video game?
For the free MP3s, yes! A lot of blood, sweat and English tea went into creating these tracks, so if you use them, do please mention the track(s) in the credits list. A good format is:

"(Track Title)"
Composed by Jonathan Shaw
(www.jshaw.co.uk)

Can you compose a new track for my project?
I most certainly can! Feel free to check out my commissions page, or contact me here or on my website!

This is AWESOME! I love you!
And I love you, random citizen! But seriously, if you like my work and would like to support my work, do please consider grabbing one of the higher quality versions of these tracks, or support me on Patreon for extra stuff!

Any comments/criticisms/suggestions are all warmly invited.

Enjoy!
Aaaaand this week's free release:

"The Tread of War"!

"This theme is quite appropriate for militaristic or warfare scenarios, with a sense of a tactical march onward to a battle."

Download the free .mp3 recording on the library's web page:

"RPG Orchestral Essentials"

Another week, and another track:

"Morning Frost"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a small, peaceful village, town or house in a winter, snowing area."

And another this week:

"Spinning Tavern"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a tavern, inn or pub, where drunken ramblings and comical stumblings can occur, on top of other funny scenarios."

This week - a sweating dungeon theme:

"Heated Lands"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a a hot dungeon or area, such as a desert, or some sort of hostile area."

A double release this week - two versions of a peaceful theme:

"A Tale of Wind and Water"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a peaceful area or village, or some holy sanctuary or shrine - somewhere in a ceasefire, perhaps!"

And continuing on with this week's free release:

"A Fight in the Fields"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for combat music as part of an RPG battle system, or a playfully active scenario."

And the 10th track; a battle results theme:

"Training Is Over"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for the end of a battle or combat sequence, where the results are announced and experience/gold are given."

This will be the last theme I release for a little while (as I'm working on some indie soundtracks), but more are on their way!
Heyhey, just felt like commenting, these are some really seriously good tracks! Thank you so much for making them, and good luck working on your projetcs! : )
Bookmarked.
author=Kylaila
Heyhey, just felt like commenting, these are some really seriously good tracks! Thank you so much for making them, and good luck working on your projetcs! : )
Bookmarked.

Many thanks, Kylaila - your post made my day! (And apologies for not seeing your post until today - I must figure out how to turn on those email notifications!)

I've finally reached a point where I am ready to begin releasing the 2nd batch of 10 free video game music tracks, this time on a bi-weekly schedule releasing every 2 weeks, starting with a titular theme:

"A Dream of First Flight"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable as a title sequence theme for a main menu, or some other introductory credits scene."

The 2nd track from the 2nd batch, this time, a colder, chilling and frosty dungeon, shrine or sanctuary of some sort:

"Cold Sanctuary"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a wintry, snowy, icy land or the dungeon theme of a cold sanctuary or ruin."

Moving from a frosty land and into a tragic, tearful event, here we hold out for what is left of:

"A Bitter Hope"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a sad, tragic scene of mourning, or the terrible aftermath of an emotional scene."

After a tearful event a couple of weeks ago, we now run into some success - we've won a battle! It seems like our party ...

"Can't Stop Winning"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a victory fanfare after a successful battle or fight, or some other celebratory moment."

Although we won the battle last week, the enemy are fighting back with all of their force! We'd better escape before we are ...

"Out Of Time"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a dangerous scenario with an impending danger, doom or evil event."

We managed to escape last week's impending evil, as we now stand looking onward over a vast mountain -

"The Precipice of Victory"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a victory fanfare after a long, hard-earned success of a quest or mission."

We are so close to the end of our great task, but we have lost so many to reach where we are. We have a moment to reflect on their sacrifices for our ...

"Visions of Freedom"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for a sad or uplifting scenario where a character yearns for an impossible future or a past memory."

First off, thank you for all of this really high quality free music!

That first track you posted is fantastic. The rest are hit and miss, some of them have their moments, some feel a little cheerful even for a plankton standard Final Fantasy toned game, none of them is as kickass as that first track although a few come close.

Do you want a complimentary copy of the game it's being used in when it's done? I think I would if I were you but I also thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

A bit of a tip for servicing this "industry"? The absolute longest a piece ever intended to be usable as fanfare should be is 60 seconds. The precipice of victory is about ten times too long to be used as fanfare ("Music Effect" is the editor jargon for fanfare and all other musical stings). Obviously we could open it up in audacity and carve out a short excerpt of it to use as an ME, so it's not much of an inconvenience on our end or anything, I just thought you might want to know.

"Can't Stop Winning" is shorter, but still about 90 seconds too long, give or take. (Also the title of the track reminds me of Donald Trump so I won't be touching it with a 39 and a half foot poll.)

"Training Is Over" is a better example but it is still on the very long end for fanfare. Basically, at least in most games

author=JShaw
after a successful battle or fight, or some other celebratory moment

very seldom lasts more than 15 seconds. (This is also why the first 15 seconds of battle music are the most important 15 seconds in the piece, but I'm getting off on a tangent.)
author=StormCrow
Do you want a complimentary copy of the game it's being used in when it's done? I think I would if I were you but I also thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'll gladly play through any games that have used these tracks!

author=StormCrow
A bit of a tip for servicing this "industry"? The absolute longest a piece ever intended to be usable as fanfare should be is 60 seconds. The precipice of victory is about ten times too long to be used as fanfare ("Music Effect" is the editor jargon for fanfare and all other musical stings). Obviously we could open it up in audacity and carve out a short excerpt of it to use as an ME, so it's not much of an inconvenience on our end or anything, I just thought you might want to know.

Aye, thank you for the advice!

I purposefully extended these shorter tracks to loop more often than the others in an effort to accommodate as many developer's needs as possible. It's definitely true - and I highly recommend! - cutting a shorter snippet with only a single loop included to optimize the file size, but I've learned from working with some developers that there are a few that aren't able to achieve such results.

Instead, they had to rely on having the track loop multiple times with several seamless repeats already rendered in the recording, and then one lesser "fade out-in" loop point to repeat the recording from the beginning.

It's a very dirty result, but as I've worked with some indie devs that used methods like that, I want to be sure they are accommodated with this library as well!

author=StormCrow
"Can't Stop Winning" is shorter, but still about 90 seconds too long, give or take. (Also the title of the track reminds me of Donald Trump so I won't be touching it with a 39 and a half foot poll.)

Oh snap, was that a phrase he's used in one of his "speeches"? If so, I definitely think that is reason enough for me to rename it. ;)
To achieve our goal, we must traverse across this expansive overworld. And so we set out on our journey with ...

"The World At Your Door"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for the overworld music as your party traverse and adventure across a global landscape to achieve their quest."

Locked in combat, we find ourselves overwhelmed and are quickly defeated. We've become one of ...

"The Fallen"!

"This theme in particular may be quite suitable for when a party is defeated during a battle, or some other sad or tragic event."

Pages: first 12 next last