NHL 2019 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS / POOL PREDICTION THREAD

"Did Game 4 loss sink the Leafs' season?"

I love/hate just how ~~~**dramatic**~~~ Toronto sports media is

E:
there was 2 - 3 days coverage when Toronto recalled a different backup goaltender.
hockey news involving toronto is universally trash and why I'm cheering for Boston
lucky for Toronto, Boston is the only team I hate more than them, so I am cheering for Toronto.
I've got a suspicion we'll both be cheering on Columbus in the 2nd round then!
A part of me wants to see Toronto win the next two series and face the isles in the ECF, so I can watch tavares lose to his former team. But the other part of me wants their playoff series win drought to keep going forever. I'm conflicted! Can they both lose?
So Calgary completely discombobulated and shit the bed.

And with that, kory_toombs still keeps his undefeated streak alive and picks up 2 Points to further cement his lead while both Addit and Cap_H pick up 1 Point for predicting that the series would go at least 5. And because Cap_H’s Stanley Cup Team was the Flames, that single point becomes 2 Points and is now tied with GreatRedSpirit for 2nd.

And, holy tostitos - I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO PICK UP A POINT IN THIS THING!!!

My bracket hopes are dead. But I'm pulling for the Avs for the whole thing now.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Condolences points.
Kory's rolling this year. I hope he will make a comment on his picks later. It would be interesting to see if he's just lucky or if he's more informed.
author=narcodis
My bracket hopes are dead. But I'm pulling for the Avs for the whole thing now.

All is not lost yet! We still have to pick for Round 2 and up, so there’s still a chance.

author=Cap_H
Kory's rolling this year. It would be interesting to see if he's just lucky or if he's more informed.

I personally think he just got lucky and managed to strike it rich in a year full of upsets (…so far…). Either way, I’m still very impressed with how he’s doing. I mean, shit, Dallas might actually beat the Predators in another one of kory’s picks that nobody got right beside him.

---

And speaking of picks: the St. Louis Blues managed to close out their series against the ‘Peg in 6 games tonight and move on to the second round. Addit, Cap_H, GreatRedSpirit, Kentona and Narcodis all pick up 2 Points for predicting that the Blues would win. Addit and Cap_H, however, manage to also successfully predict that the series would go 6, so their 2 Points become 4 Points!

The only ones that didn’t pick the Blues? Both Kory_Toombs and Shinan ended up going with the Jets in this series, so they don’t get anything out of this one, I’m afraid. This also marks Kory’s only blemish thus far; and with that, I’m afraid everyone’s out of the running for the mighty Brackcellent award... But hey, there's still the other achievements!

Kory_Toombs still holds on to 1st place with 12 points while Cap_H is now only 4 points back of him for second place overall.
rip calgary

at least you scored a few times
author=Addit
All is not lost yet! We still have to pick for Round 2 and up, so there’s still a chance.

...OH.

I should read the rules better. All is not lost yet!!
So, um…Carolina managed to force a Game 7! That’s apparently a thing…

And based on their overall history in Game 7’s, suddenly narcodis prediction about them upsetting the Caps…is looking a lot more realistic now…especially with everything else that’s happened thus far in these crazy, crazy playoffs.

And I’m REALLLLY looking forward to the potential chokings of either the Toronto Maple Leafs or Vegas Golden Knights tomorrow… Seriously. If Toronto manages to choke AGAIN to the Boston Bruins and lose to them three times in the last six years, I’m going to laugh so f**king hard it’s going to be glorious… I mean, come on Toronto, when the Canucks played the Blackhawks three times in the past at least the Canucks WON one of those series’ against them, not lose all three…(even though we almost did, lol).

Oh. And I almost forgot: Dallas managed to knock off the Predators in six games tonight. (Seriously? What the heck is up with all these god damn upsets!?) Pity points go to Addit and Shinan (which now marks his very first point) while kory_toombs picks up 4 points for predicting that the Stars would win in 6, giving him now a total of 16 points, 8 points up on 2nd place Cap_H.
kory, what are next week's lottery numbers?
I have a good feeling about this.
welp time to google what a "blue jacket" is. (Some kind of wasp or hornet?)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
It seems everyone's a winner today (even Kory gets a point)
Making second round predictions seems to be much harder. East is about keeping momentum against hardened teams. I think Islanders will be able to cruise through again. The second match might be a harder one as Bruins are an old and tough to beat team.
St. Louis is the only simple pick for me.
Avalanches managed to defeat Calgary, but the latter certainly didn't play as good as they could. San Jose struggled. There's no clear winner here and it doesn't really matter who wins this round as they are likely to succumb to St. Louis later. So, my predictions are

Blues over Stars In 5
Avalanche over Sharks In 7
Bruins over Blue Jackets In 6
Islanders over Capitals/Hurricanes In 6
Lol, F**king Toronto. What a disgrace... You supposedly have this star-studded team that you’ve been clamoring around about for the past couple of months that they’re going to “win the cup no problem” and they end up doing what they’ve always done: choke in game 7 against the Bruins again. Jesus, what a clown show…

And I can’t believe that the Golden Knights gave up not only a 3-1 series lead but also a 3-0 lead with about six minutes or so left in the third period only to just p*ss it away. Unbelievable. I thought the Sharks were usually the ones that choke.

And, yeah, pretty much everyone came out of these two series as winners and got points. The only one who didn’t get full value was Kory with the Bruins winning, as everyone else picked up points in that except for him. He’s still in the lead with 17 points now and a 5 point gap with one series in the first round left to go, though.

As for the bigger riser today? F**king Shinan outta all people! He ended up going from having one messily point to now 11 points total for 3rd place overall as he got 2 points for the Sharks winning and 8 points for the Bruins winning in seven, and the Bruins are his Stanley Cup Winning Team!

Now “I’m” suddenly in last place after tonight! WTF!

@ Cap_H - Still have to wait to find out the winner of the Capitals / Hurricanes series before the second round predictions can begin, but I’m sorta leaning towards the Blues, Sharks, Blue Jackets, and probably the Capitals if they happen to make it to the next round, even though the Oshie injury scares me a bit. If it’s the Hurricanes that make it, I’ll probably pick the Islanders in that one.
Boom. Tuukka Rask can do anything. And Boston won't underestimate Columbus and win that series too and soon Boston will win the whole thing!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

It's a big round for me and Shinan it looks like. Both our teams are still in it. If he predicts correctly he could replace me at the top. I need Columbus to pull off one more miracle :)