NHL 2019 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS / POOL PREDICTION THREAD

rip blue jackets, even if it would've meant being eliminated. Both western games going to game 7 too, weee! (this is why I always burn out during playoffs)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
If I only stuck with Bruins.
...God damn it, Dallas! This is why I can’t have nice things.

And, hey, I picked up another pity point, my sixth one of the entire playoffs! (J-Jesus…) If these trends continue, I might just challenge for 6th place by the end of this! Woooo - 6th place!

And Kory really, really needed that St. Louis victory. He was beginning to start slippin’ a little bit there and that giant lead of his was slowly evaporating. But with that win now he now has a 5 point lead on Narcodis for second and a 7 point lead over Shinan for third, so he’s sitting pretty again.

Tomorrow’s another big day! If the Sharks manage to win, GreatRedSpirit will be officially eliminated and tied with me for last place with a whopping 12 whole points! But if the Avalanche wins, GreatRedSpirit stays alive…for now (although Kentona will drop hard and Cap_H will go from 4th place to being tied for 2nd with Narcodis, so that's something.)

author=Cap_H
If I only stuck with Bruins.

Well, at least you can still pick them in the conference finals! That’s something, right? :)
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

That was a helpful win by the Blues, I was getting very concerned with the ways thing were going. Some people were getting too close to me for comfort.
SunflowerGames

Third Round Pick, I guess some people will want to see what I do in order to line up a winning strategy.

Blues in 7
Canes in 6
I've had two right each round so far. Let's hope that streak continues.

Blues over Sharks in 7
Bruins over Hurricanes in 6
Sharks in 7
Canes in 6
Hmmm…what to do...

The main dilemma here for me is do I still play for pride, or just go straight tanking for that number one overall pick Eugene Melynk Award, since I got no chance to win otherwise...

…F**k it! WE’RE GOING TANKING, BOYS!!!

Blues over Sharks In 4
Hurricanes over Bruins In 4
I think I'm gonna bet it all on the Sharks at this point:

Sharks over Blues in 6
Hurricanes over Bruins in 5
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Blues over Sharks In 5
Bruins over Hurricanes In 7
Sharks gonna cause rookie goalie to have fits
I still can't make myself vote for the Bruins.

Sharks over Blues in 5
Hurricanes over Bruins in 6
It's looking good for my Bruins guys.

EDIT: Also I notice how no one is as excited to post every day anymore now that the Bruins are the best. :D
SunflowerGames

If the Bruins do a sweep it works out better than going to 6 games cause you get less points. If the Blues don't win against the Sharks I don't know how my chances of winning this thing are looking.

Edit:

I was also thinking... I'm going to vote against the Bruins next round no matter what and your going to vote for the Bruins... Doesn't that eliminate everyone else besides us from winning because you get double points.

Edit:

Narcodis can still win if the Sharks win.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I would have been excited, if I hadn't let myself be pursued to change my pick to flames.
author=Shinan
EDIT: Also I notice how no one is as excited to post every day anymore now that the Bruins are the best. :D

Hey, those guys haven’t won anything yet! Carolina can still do the improbable and at least win one game! (…Seriously, I need them to win at least one game otherwise my tanking strategy will backfire on me, assuming the Sharks don’t take care of business against the Blues.)

author=kory_toombs
If the Bruins do a sweep it works out better than going to 6 games cause you get less points. If the Blues don't win against the Sharks I don't know how my chances of winning this thing are looking.

Okay, so here how things go…

If the Blues manage to win their series and the Hurricanes manage to come back from 3-0 down to beat the Bruins, then Kory automatically will clinch 1st place and take home the title, as no one will be able to touch him after that, regardless.

However…if Boston manages to win the series in either a sweep, five games, or seven games, combined with a St. Louis series win of any kind, Kory will then be 4 points up on Shinan, and as long as he picks the same team that Shinan does, in this case Boston, then regardless of what happens at the end, Kory’s got this. However, a Sharks series victory combined with a Bruins series victory that’s not in 6 games then has a three way race between Kory, Shinan and Narcodis, who then makes things VERRRY interesting depending on who picks who in the finals, as it’s theoretically possible for any of those guys to win, or at least in Narcodis’ case a tie for 1st place.

If Boston DOES somehow manage to win a Game 6, regardless of the outcome of the Blues and Sharks series, then Shinan will then only be one point back of Kory going into the finals. Even if Kory manages to pick the Bruins as well as Shinan, all Shinan would need to do have a Bruins win of any kind, or predict the correct number of games that the series would go to if Kory doesn’t pick the same number as him, and he’ll have a one point advantage in the end to take the title. Of course, Narcodis could pick the Sharks (assuming that they make it) and snipe it from both Kory and Shinan if he manages to pick the Sharks and guess the correct number of games as well if both of them are picking Boston in the finals… I think he needs to pick both the Sharks AND the correct number of games to have any chance at all.

And as for Cap_H and Kentona? Well…that’s what tonight’s game will decide.

So although both Cap_H and Kentona are still mathematically alive and have a chance to - AT LEAST - tie for 1st place (depending on how things go in the end), they would still need a LOT of help afterwards.

Cap_H has the worst odds of pulling off any miracle as he needs BOTH the Blues to win in five games and as well as the Bruins to win in seven in order to stay alive. Anything else would officially eliminate him.

Kentona has…slightly better odds, as all he needs is the Sharks to win in five games and that’s about it! It doesn’t matter that much if the Bruins or Hurricanes win; he just needs the Sharks to win in five in order to mathematically stay alive.

So…basically, all you need to know is this: If St. Louis manages to win tonight, then Kentona is officially eliminated. If the Sharks win, then Cap_H is eliminated.

- Let the mayhem begin!

EDIT: And as far as it goes for the battle for the basement, there’s still lot of things left that can still happen, but right it’s now it’s mainly between myself and GreatRedSpirit for the dubious distinction of suckatude (although Kentona still has a bit of outside chance).
I'm glad I went from two times champ to fighting for bottom spot!
Poor St. Louis... That overtime goal should have never counted as that was, indeed, a hand pass... I really don't understand how that can’t be reviewable but every other time it can. Such a waste…

Well…sorry about that, Cap_H... I guess it’s hard to believe in miracles when you’re rooting for a team called the St. Louis Blues... Better luck next year there, bud!

author=GreatRedSpirit
I'm glad I went from two times champ to fighting for bottom spot!

I think it’s the universe trying to correct itself for its past mistakes.

Either way, you’re not coming in last place and picking up another award for this! My tanking strategy is going to destroy your non-tanking strategy! Mark my words!

(Although, if Boston wins tomorrow, you'll be 1 point up on me going into the final two series remaining. Should be a good one!!!)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Addit
Well…sorry about that, Cap_H... I guess it’s hard to believe in miracles when you’re rooting for a team called the St. Louis Blues... Better luck next year there, bud!

A shameful non-call
SunflowerGames

Can't Shinan get a possible 8 points if he guesses the correct number of games for the Bruins? I'm not sure how I can compete with that, if that happens. Assuming the Bruins win, he's at 21 points (25 points if it goes to 6 games.) We both voted for the Blues in 7, so it doesn't matter what happens with that.