NHL 2019 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS / POOL PREDICTION THREAD

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Blues win!

Holy shit! My home team won! For the first time in the team's history, they win the Stanley Cup!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=pianotm
Blues win!

Holy shit! My home team won! For the first time in the team's history, they win the Stanley Cup!

I wish I knew that feeling.

I know this feeling a lot.
Yay Blues!

Eat shit Boston!
author=kory_toombs
I wish I knew that feeling.
I know this feeling a lot.

*sigh* As do I…

But at least the Blues did us Canucks fans a real solid last night and got revenge for 2011 by beating the Bruins in a Stanley Cup Final Game 7 on their home ice to spoil the party in front of THEIR fans for a change. Haha…! And we even got to see this wonderful image that I thought I would never see - humility by the rat:

(Oh yeah, that feels SO good...)

(I also love how some Canuck fans are using that image of Brad Marchand crying as their new wallpaper or screensaver now, lol. I’m not personally going to go THAT far myself (because karma), but it’s still pretty funny to hear about.)

Anyway, I still can’t believe that I live in a timeline now where the St. Louis Blues and Washington Capitals have both won a Stanley Cup in back-to-back years whereas, two years ago, both of these franchises were the walking definition of chokers and losers. So I’m so happy for both cities that they get to finally enjoy some of that sweet, sweet success that I hope, one day, my home team will be able to enjoy.

- And speaking of enjoyment:

It may have taken until the final game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs to exert your supposive dominance, but, congratulations, Addit: you get to share the dubious honor of worst (along with GreatRedSpirit) as you earn yourself the Eugene Melynk Award, where, apparently, in the great words of the Eugene Melynk, “we’re still a team” (…whatever that means.)

And now that Kory doesn’t have to share his first place prize with anybody but himself (sorry Shinan), his name will forever be now etched into the rafters as one of our champions (well...unless RMN happens to shut down any time soon, lol):

And now that the Stanley Cup has been handed out, I’ll Liberty know to give us all of our achievements whenever she stops playing the original Breath Of Fire for a minute.

And now that the Stanley Cup Playoffs have finally commenced after all this time wasted - I leave you with this St. Louis Blues fan dancin':

(*shock* Look at him go!)
Welcome to the bottom Addit!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Cool, Blues are my favourite team anyway. Also second tied place, that's not bad.
SunflowerGames

Are we doing this thing again this year? I tried to do some research, but was unable to determine weather there would be an NHL playoffs this year. If not, I guess I'm the champ until next year.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
They did announce that there will be playoffs this year, and that the top 24 teams made the cut. Habs are supposedly going against the Penguins first. Hoping for an upset, because a healthy Habs team can be pretty challenging to beat.
There’s no official concrete date as of yet in place (although I think they’re trying to shoot for some time by the end of July / early August to come back and play, I’m not 100% sure) for when the play-in and playoffs start, but once there’s an official date set in place when things are ready to go again - I would definitely like to do another one of these. So it’s not like I haven’t forgotten, it’s just I’m waiting on the league to give us an official date of when the playoffs are going to officially start.

I’m hoping that they’re going to start! Not only are the Canucks participating in it - but they get to go face off and go crush the Wild! I hate the Wild. I will never forget for what they did to us back in 2003.
SunflowerGames

I look forward to it, if it happens.
I feel its my duty to defend the title.

I remember that come back from 3-1 in the second round.
The Cannucks always choke in the playoffs.
I would love to see them win someday...
Just imagine... if there wasn't this pandemic we'd all be celebrating the Oilers hoisting the Cup this year.
SunflowerGames

I saw that the qualifying rounds for this will start August 2nd.
The qualifying round will be the best of 5 I think.
author=kory_toombs
I saw that the qualifying rounds for this will start August 2nd.
The qualifying round will be the best of 5 I think.

It actually starts on August 1st. But before that, though, each team has to play one exhibition game (that doesn’t count towards anything) as a warm up before the actual play-in round begins. And yes, the play-in round is a best of 5. After that, it’s the usual best of 7.

- And I’ll try to get the thread up as soon as I can. God damn real life keeps getting in the way.
I BELIEVE IN MY HABS

RIPENGUINS