REFMAP ARRANGED/CATEGORIZED

Pages: 1
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I ended up asking, and as I expected, this should be a forum thread instead of a resource, so here you go.

I love working with REFMAP/FSM/Mack graphics, but they have SO much content that I find it kinda hard to find what tiles I wanna use when making a tileset or parallax mapping. So I decided to categorize individual tiles. I haven't done everything yet, but I'll probably update this thread over time as I add more.

And hey, I even put everything similar in close proximity to make it easier for use!

Terms and Conditions (Basically just copy pasted REFMAP's)

・ This image data can be used free of charge as a game creation material regardless of the tools used.
・ No need to contact for use.
-You can distribute image data that you have processed (but you can not distribute unprocessed image data).
・ The right of this image is owned by "REFMAP".

· This Image Data Can Be Used For Free As A Material For Game Creation.
· In Use, Contact Is Not Necessary.
· You Can Distribute Processed Image Data (But Distribution Of Unprocessed Image Data Is Prohibited).
· The Right Of This Image Is owned by "REFMAP".

Also no need to give me credit, I don't own anything.

VEGETATION

VEGETATION (DOMESTICATED)

STRUCTURES, STATUES, AND SIMILAR

SIGNS

ROCKS

WINDOWS

SEATING

STUFF TO HANG ON THE WALL + PAINTINGS

RUBBLE

WELLS

MIRRORS

GEMS

DEATH!!! (Skeletons, Graves, Religious Death Symbols)

BEDDING

To do (in no particular order): Electronics, Floors, Walls, Cliffs, Storage Units, Food, Bathroom Utensils
Thank you so much for this, there's quite a lot of stuff here that I didn't even know existed. You're a lifesaver!
Frogge
author=Little Wing Guy
Thank you so much for this, there's quite a lot of stuff here that I didn't even know existed. You're a lifesaver!

No problem, though might wanna be a bit wary with those. I organized whatever was in my REFMAP base folder but I don't know if everything is from the artist themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if some were edits from other places that somehow found their way in, though I do try to keep those seperate as much as possible.

I'm glad it's actually helpful to someone!
Hey, this is some good stuff, Frogge! Way to pass the REFMAP goodness around.

(Although, you should probably still submit this as a resource to get some extra makescore out if it, and just in case this thread gets buried in the future. Wouldn't want that, right?)
Frogge
author=Addit
Hey, this is some good stuff, Frogge! Way to pass the REFMAP goodness around.

(Although, you should probably still submit this as a resource to get some extra makescore out if it, and just in case this thread gets buried in the future. Wouldn't want that, right?)

I asked Libby about it and she said it belonged in the forums rather than in resources. Don't worry though, having everything organized neatly like this actually makes it way easier for me to do edits which I CAN submit as resources so I'll still get that sweet makerscore eventually.
author=Frogge
No problem, though might wanna be a bit wary with those. I organized whatever was in my REFMAP base folder but I don't know if everything is from the artist themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if some were edits from other places that somehow found their way in, though I do try to keep those seperate as much as possible.

I think some of the parts were actually made by someone named Wato. As far as I know, they're still completely fine to use, though.
I'm gonna try to turn some of the smaller ones into 2k3 charsets (not chipsets), and repost here. That okay? I don't get the whole processed vs unprocessed thing.

It looks like I'm gonna have to cut some stuff though, it's too jammed together.
Frogge
author=bulmabriefs144
I'm gonna try to turn some of the smaller ones into 2k3 charsets (not chipsets), and repost here. That okay? I don't get the whole processed vs unprocessed thing.

It looks like I'm gonna have to cut some stuff though, it's too jammed together.

Sure, I don't mind. Keep in some of them were already in charsets in my folders, some that weren't even in the tilesets, so you may wanna maybe check if they're available in charset form already first. (I got most of my suppliance from the "REFMAP is down, recovery thread go" thing on the site, one of the downloads should have the object charsets)
This thing?

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/first-seed-material-refmap-gone-resource-recovery-operation-go.27123/

I'm just gonna homemake 'em. Splice stuff together using a charset box template. There might be similar stuff, but probably not the same mix.

So far, I've gone through five pages, and nobody's made these into charsets.

I got as far as one of them. I loathe the idea of working with partial objects for puzzles and such, so since I know the maximum for a 288 x 256 chipset is 24 x 32, I simply shrunk stuff bigger that that down to size for my Procrustean charset.

Basically, just spliced the wall and statues together. I've seen the signs one before (except no hieroglyphs), and the others were too big. I'm gonna try a second one, and call these "Map Objects." It seems like invariably, the chipset won't have something like a piano or certain signs.

Well, that was fun.
Hey Frogge, they look awesome! Nice job! I can understand why you love using them so much.

I always felt they contain some of the most beautiful looking tiles, even though I don't use RPG Maker 2003/2000.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Thanks so much for this Frogge! This thread will most certainly come in handy for all the parallax mappers and others!
Pages: 1