[POLL] PREFERRED BROWSER?

Poll

What Browser do you use? - Results

Pffft, Internet Explorer/Edge (cough,slowashell)
0%
Safari
0%
Firefox
30%
Chrome
55%
Brave
0%
Lightweight Chrome/Firefox (think stuff like Opera)
5%
Alt Firefox (Waterfox, Pale Moon, Basilisk)
10%
Stuff I've never heard of
0%

Pages: 1
I kinda have nefarious motives here, you see, I got fed up with Firefox deciding that basically all of its add-ons (some of which I use for popup control or protection from unwanted interference online).

Personally, I think Chrome is a dumbed-down browser system. Same with Brave (which despite having a reputation of being secure, seems to be very uncustomizable). I like about:config coding for small tweaks, and I like the ability to show/hide the IE style menu bar. And I like add-ons, but hate getting screwed over every update. So...
  • Customizability (in particular, I like menu bars)
  • Being able to alter internal stuff as well (I currently have popups blocked unless I click on the link)
  • Anti-tracking
  • STABLE add-ons
  • Secure, even if I'm not
  • Saves my old Firefox bookmarks

Currently, the first one that I've encountered to do this is Waterfox, though supposedly there's also Pale Moon and Basilisk designed this way.

Out of curiosity, what browsers does everyone here use? And can anyone give a recommend of a browser that works for these purposes?

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I use Explorer and Chrome.
It depends on what nefarious practice I want to commit on a particular day.
Google Chrome for my phone, Firefox for everything else.

I’ve never used Safari, Brave or Linux before, and I haven’t dabbled much into the other alternatives of Firefox either. Internet Explorer I’ve used before in the past – and it still works on my computer somewhat okay if I need to use it – but I much prefer to use Firefox instead.
SunflowerGames

Netscape = Stuff you have never heard of...

I've heard of Netscape. But I thought it was dead.
SunflowerGames

author=bulmabriefs144
I've heard of Netscape. But I thought it was dead.

Similar to asking someone what's their favourite console and they answer "DreamCast."
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Chrome normally.

Firefox Tor sometimes. Slow, but doesn't interfere with downloading music and books. Will run regular, non-onion sites without any speed issues.

Tried Opera. Slow as shit. Doesn't run onions, and runs regulars sites as slow as if they were onions. May as well just use Tor if you want a VPN.
The Firefox issue was annoying but it was solved less than 24 hours later. I use it because I'm used to it: it's the fastest and most ergonomic to me.
so does "stuff like Opera" cover actual Opera? Because that's what I still use.
I use Vivaldi, runs fine most of the time, has ublock origin, but hasn't let me down yet!
Pages: 1