[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Anyhow, now that Atiya is out of the picture and replaced by Locke, I don't really know who we could lynch day 1. Maybe we could go with Muffle's idea of nolynch on day 1 but that is also a risky move as that means we've missed one potential chance to lynch scum.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Now that I think a little more about it, scum would under no circumstance want for town to think about the Oberon role and Ky talking about this with bold text and everything gives me a good impression of her. I'm also leaning towards her being town now.
I'm still debating now that we active people. Odds claim of merlin having potential to not be in the game is a bit baffling to me. My other lynch candidate would be yellow just because she hasn't been that active.

Before I decide anything though I'm going to wait and see what feedback lockez has for us.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Oh. I'm dumb. I apologize, I apparently don't understand the rules of the game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I haven't read more than the last three pages yet, but the idea that anyone sees the list of roles that essentially says "there may or may not be a Mordred role in the game, it is a secret" and immediately assumes before night 1 that there is or isn't such a role is really stupid. Like, stupid enough to actually be almost unbelievable. My only question is whether they're trying to trick town into thinking something that's not true, or trick scum into responding and revealing something.
Same with the "Merlin may not be here", I don't know if it's carelessness or it being a bit scummy.

I still think I prefer a d1 lynch, dead bodies only will get us so far. Smart scum would want to keep the confusion amidst kills... That said, two dead townies sure is a scary scenario though.
LockeZ joined the get woot woot!! :D wassup my man??

Ahem. I-- I don't know who to lynch lol. Gonna go for majority vote in the end probably, but I agree with the folks contemplating YM for the same reasons. Since I already mentioned I agree with piano list mostly I won't make my own until D2 when I can form more opinions to differentiate from pianos list.
Oh, saw the comment now. Well, it's a new ruleset. As LockeZ pointed out, doubt is good. But the few certain points are a nice basis.
That said, two dead townies sure is a scary scenario though.

Agreeable. I suggested it because in every game I've played every week for three months we only lynched a mafia on d1 once and 2 townies killed by D2 is not really a great thing haha. Puts our numbers down quite quickly before we even get started. And since it's d1 we don't have any leads at all so it's usually more likely we'll pop town than scum. But trying to get an early chance of popping scum and getting more information from a dead body is also helpful despite the casualties that might be involved sad to say.
Kyaila's thing with Oberon is a decent point about Oberon communicating via missions. However I think now that it's been pointed it out and the quest failure/success tradeoff scrutinized, we probably won't ever see failures. Oberon is a traitor role, basically, and traditionally the way to play traitor is to play super scummy so as to not get nk'd. There are only two things in this game that I could think qualify would be PA's stunt and IF's no-self-include mission. I don't think IF is Oberon or he would've sent himself though.

@LockeZ: 1) hi 2) the rules changed between the OP and the start of the game to add the quests. If Mordred doesn't exist, then why add this mechanic? It'd be misleading if not actively harmful to town. So "Mordred exists" is an assumption but I'm mostly fine with it.

@Muffle: part of the point of killing someone on D1 is that you gain information. Even if they do flip town, who started the train? Who voted opportunistically? etc
author=InfectionFiles
author=Kylaila
Shout-out to look out for that. If there's an Oberon they will find it a lot easier to mingle into things and spread confusion. They'll also need to analyze for real, so that need not be fake. Oberon would be a prime suspect for sabotaging missions because of that imho.
This is something I've been thinking about! We can't be too set on there having to be a mordred because Oberon could slip under the radar waaay easier without risking too much.

One point I went back to check on the rolepage. If we are talking about "falling under the radar", I am not sure what you mean since we talked about Merlin interactions. The fact they, same as we, won't know if there's a Mordred means that the option of it being there means they can't be sure about their non-minion reads being town. The only exception for the identity of scum to Merlin's vision is Mordred. If we are talking about Merlin's ability to see scum, Oberon is in the bunch, although Merlin can't know who it is via this ability.

I didn't mean to suggest there has to be a Mordred, I just mean to say that the fact there could be one gives a degree of uncertainty to Merlin predicting town, even if scum is a safe prediction. Regardless of whether Mordred actually is in the game or not. It also means we shouldn't let scum live, just because they are not Mordred, obviously.

This just made me a bit suspicious thinking on it, I was first like "wait, isn't that a good point I missed?" to "actually.. isn't that a completely different topic?"
Anyway, it's from last page, but I felt it would be good to add that.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I hope we have another 24 hours, I might be too socially tired to catch up now. Also, I'm not as critical when under influence.
@psy likely.. I hope it adds for the better though. Thank you for pointing out the safe-play-options. It seemed at first like it would be a waste to let that intel go, and I jumped on that, but that's not what scum is all about. I mean, if town doesn't know who to lynch, chances are scum can remain and play it safe.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Yellow Magic
Might be missing something, but if its only the Minions of Mordred who can decide mission successes and failures, what's preventing them from failing missions every time?
Because every time a mission fails, you know one of the three people who was in it was scum. If Mordred isn't in the game, then that's the main point of the missions, from town's perspective. If Mordred is in the game, then the missions obviously also help with narrowing down who is and isn't Mordred.

Seems like a good mechanic that is balanced to be useful regardless of whether Mordred is in the game or not.
Actually - "99% sure that Mordred exists" and thinking "Merlin is a powerful threat" are both opinions 100% in line with a scared scum mindset.

#lynch Ozzy

My only other strong negative feeling today is towards IF.
LockeZ
Is there any reason not to jump on the mission acceptance bandwagon? I haven't seen anyone suggest a reason why the choice of who to send on a mission tonight matters, unless I missed it.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
psy_wombats
@LockeZ: 1) hi 2) the rules changed between the OP and the start of the game to add the quests. If Mordred doesn't exist, then why add this mechanic? It'd be misleading if not actively harmful to town. So "Mordred exists" is an assumption but I'm mostly fine with it.

I actually agree with LockeZ. I agree that Mordred is probably in the game, but not having him in the game doesn't break the mechanics. It just makes them work in a way that's misleading to town.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
LockeZ
Is there any reason not to jump on the mission acceptance bandwagon? I haven't seen anyone suggest a reason why the choice of who to send on a mission tonight matters, unless I missed it.

Mission is already done. You missed it. It was me, psy, and demon. We're just waiting to see if anyone voted to fail.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok for some reason most players townread me after scumreading me earlier for opportunism...weird, psy's read's probably most genuine as it isn't part of a list.
I will need to take another look at all lists in the morning to see if they all make sense.

Ozzy actually provided solid analysis (if i can trust my half dead tired brain). Also, I like his opinion of PA's claim and mostly find myself agreeing myself with him. It doesn't feel sketchy and that's a big deal in case of ozzy (ofc he could get better or anything).

Demonlord certainly feels under radar only reacting to certain stuff (odd claiming merlin's absence) and not sharing his own takes on the thread.

Ok, that's it for the night.
@piano It doesn't break anything but it means the mechanic was added as a means to weaken town. Or you're thinking Jero assumed that scum would fail some missions and give town extra info to work with?

Regardless, I'm more confident Mordred exists because Ozzy is assured he exists. Even go back to that post he made right off the bat about scumcount - he goes in right off the bat saying "assume Mordred exists."

@LockeZ: no I think it's irrelevant. The only notable point is IF formed a team without himself, theoretically weakening the team.