[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Might be missing something, but if its only the Minions of Mordred who can decide mission successes and failures, what's preventing them from failing missions every time?

I think PlatinumAshes is an Independent and has some sort of plan to control the game to their advantage somehow.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=psy_wombats
Yeah we should probably get clarification on whether the reward is town verification or just a role thing. If it's town verification then I won't completely write off the quests.
That's pretty much what I want to know and maybe it will make more sense because

author=psy_wombats
@IF if you mean using quests to confirm people - letting scum into the questteam is not an automatic quest failure and doesn't confirm anyone.
That's what I was thinking if we can use quests to confirm town. But if say by happen chance the 3 members that go are all scum and saying they are the mute goon, can talk and say to Fail it that way they avoiding having them identified.

Okay, so just reading the New Mechanics part on page 1, it will only verify if it's NOT MORDRED so I feel I've been thinking about this all wrong. That doesn't mean it will suss out a minion of mordred, right?
InfectionFiles
author=Yellow Magic
Might be missing something, but if its only the Minions of Mordred who can decide mission successes and failures, what's preventing them from failing missions every time?
That's what I was thinking. Because it feels like they would want to fail instead of saying who's not mordred.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Cap_H
pianotm
I actually didn't want to be on the first team, but I was proposing we follow the list and figured I couldn't just casually skip myself and go straight to Cap, Rachel, and oddRABBIT. How would that have looked?
Why not?

I never want to be the first to do anything in these games. That's not unusual. I don't even joke lynch until someone else does it. Without knowing the impact that these quests will have on the game, I would prefer to observe before doing. It's a pointless discussion anyway since I'm selected regardless and we're all accepting.

If you're town, you'll make the situation easier for you if the mission fails. Everyone should want to go.

This is a very black and white way of looking at it, and I disagree. If you have a quest failure, you have one guaranteed scum and the chance to mislynch two town because nobody's going to confess to being the one that voted to fail. You know the mess that can happen from this.
If they fail a mission, they also reveal that they are one of the three on the mission. It's a risk/reward thing where it's probably not the greatest idea to narrow down merlin when there are still a lot of people in play.

Also, there are no independents in this game. All of the potential roles were in the opening post.
Glad someone points out how ridiculous that combination is in PlatinumAshes, there is only one person who could identify and put together scum so as to reveal as few town as possible, and that'd be Merlin. I personally see no issue with Merlin's ability because of it. I mean, any Merlin is in constant danger of revealing himself/themselves, and there are only open channels of communication for that, so being able to USE that knowledge is hard.
I don't know which role would benefit the most from such senseless accusation. Oberon? Or just troll. I ignore trolls, I will wait before I decide (as good a target as any, just if it REALLY was - it'd be deadly. I'd rather not take that risk without any information whatsoever).

Well, missions are a mixed bag obviously. Of course town will be able to narrow down things even if they do fail, but they still don't know who and since scum is still setting things up without contact (right? that was a night only thing?) they might want things to succeed if possible, or at least some of them. I mean, if someone is revealed to be town for sure, or well, at least not Mordred, that'd be a good target to nightkill, rather than sabotaging as much as they can and throwing away goodwill for the next turns. Only so many nightkills a day.
Oh.. nvm, I read it again and it's NOT MERLIN vs NOT MORDRED. That's much more valuable. Still.

Townies want to get with Townies but we have no clue. We gather clues.
So might as well go with who we know n love! We don't need full teams right away or do we?

For now I propose #TEAM Kylaila, Infectionsfiles and uh Aitya? Who was it again who like wanted to go? Maybe someone else for the three?
Fuck, I missed like an entire page of replies. I have classes in 10 minutes guys, I need to get ready QQ
I will try my best!!
Gosh I thought it'd be scum for sure revealed.. but wait, doesn't that mean Mordred is confirmed to be in the game? Because if not, it'd be a totally unbalanced mess with nothing to gain whatsoever for town..
And I better hope we see if oUR team succeeded or not. I wanna get them clues.
I guess I was confused cause town has like a totally non-Merlin-related title name, and scum is just Minion's of Mordred. So. Which interpretation is it? Mordred would be the precise one. I will go with that for now, either way. (and be getting ready for class)
Mordred is not confirmed to be in this game (theres only a chance they are in). We theorized that pa could be throwing the game because of it being an imbalanced mess for that reason. I'd like to think jeroen is experienced at balancing though, so hopefully it was just him messing with our minds.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Mordred is not confirmed to be in the game, but I agree that it's pretty likely he is, because then a lot of the mechanics are pretty pointless.
InfectionFiles
Right. What would be the point without him?
InfectionFiles
And @Kylaila - We have a team right now of psy, piano and demonlord with Accepted votes. But I am done with your proposal as well. Unlike piano I'd rather be a part of it first just to see what's up.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Teams:

psy_wombats, pianotm, demonlord5000 - proposed by InfectionFiles:

Accepted by: 5 - pianotm, InfectionFiles, demonlord5000, psy_wombats, Cap_H
Denied by: None

Kylaila, InfectionFiles, AtiyaTheSeeker - proposed by Kylaila

Accepted by: None
Denied by: None

With 13 alive it takes 7 to accept.

In case of more than one team being proposed, please quote the team if you're voting to accept or deny it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current votecount as of 2019-05-20, 07:48 GMT+2:

PlatinumAshes: 2 - PlatinumAshes, Cap_H
Not voting: 11 - pianotm, AtiyaTheSeeker, OddRABBIT, OzzyTheOne, demonlord5000, psy_wombats, Yellow Magic, Muffle, Kylaila, InfectionFiles, Gourd_Clae

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 will end in 63 hours, 57 minutes, or when hammer falls.
author=Cap_H
Ok, I'm here. First, we should lynch platinum, because this smells like one of Cave Dog's tricks and I'm not letting it pass so easily as piano or gourd (Gourd's response was quite wolfy in its ambiguity). It clustered discussion and unless they add anything else to discussion, my vote's on them. Picking team at random is a really weird thing from Merlin's perspective. I think knowing all wolves makes you more cautious, when suggesting solutions.

#lynch PlatinumAshes

Not a fan of this idea. I think we should take the claim seriously until we have mroe information.

Also, forgive me if this sounds dumb, but is it really beneficial for scum to ever want to go on one of the quests and make it fail? That just puts you on a list of, like, 3 people who could be scum doesn't it? I understand this prevents a confimed townie but the cons seem to outweigh the pros?
I could actually buy no Mordred existing and the only point of the quests is to prevent scum from gaining not-Merlin information but yeah let's just work under the assumption that high probability Mordred exists.

(unless quest reward is a badly-worded town confirm. really wish could get some clarification on that.)

@Cap: while I'm not really trusting d1 merlinclaim, that's different from thinking it's a scumclaim. For vanilla town, eating a misaimed nightkill is the noblest fate~

@Gourd: yeah, that's my point -- I really doubt we'll see anything fail.

@IF: if you want to be on the first team, why didn't you put yourself on your proposal?
InfectionFiles
I also have a feeling there is four scum. Possibility of a chance that each one has a role(unlikely but without mordred who knows), or mordred is present and 3 roles or because I feel like mordred SHOULD be in the game it could mordred, 1 role and 2 vanilla goons. Merlin's ability doesn't specify which scum has a role or exactly what it is. Now does Merlin see if a scum is just a minion of mordred? or are they seen the same across the board?
InfectionFiles
author=psy_wombats
@IF: if you want to be on the first team, why didn't you put yourself on your proposal?
Didn't know if that was a thing and mostly it was to get a vote started so I could learn more about what it meant. Like I said, I'm still down if people change their vote to Ky's proposal. But not going to change now since we are only 2 votes away from a team being sent out and maybe getting more answers.
#Accept psy, piano, demon since it seems random. I was going to wait but that was before I realized accepting doesn't end the day!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=demonlord5000
If they fail a mission, they also reveal that they are one of the three on the mission. It's a risk/reward thing where it's probably not the greatest idea to narrow down merlin when there are still a lot of people in play.

Also, there are no independents in this game. All of the potential roles were in the opening post.

That independents remark made me lift my brow. It's a weird kind of soft defense and I might be tinfoiling little too much, but I already see a connection between YM and PA. That said I'm probably jumping on conclusions little too fast. Piano seems to be more than reasonable with his more distanced approach.

The second proposed team seems ok to me as well.