[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh hey the game started! Let's see how this game turns out :D
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
I'm good to team up with luck of the draw for now, yep.
I must've missed the missions the first time I read the rules and I resent the implication that I would ever game anything!!

That said, I think the teams require a majority of players to vote on them vs the actual team members around. RNG team for d1 sounds fine but I'm going to assume that verifiable randomness is banned?

Also @Jero is the revealed Not-Mordred player for succeeding missions a role reveal, or an alignment reveal? Because if it just clears someone of a role that may or may not be in the game, that seems borderline useless.
Ah we started early. Just to generate some discussion, how should we do operation rng? One person has to nominate the three man team, so factoring that in it wouldn't exactly be true rng. To pull that off it doesn't necessarily matter who proposes the team, so long as we agree on how the team members are chosen (alphabetically or something?).

That said, I'm fine with it. We should agree on the method of rng selection though.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
At least for D1 should be pretty simple, in theory anyways.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
@psy Maybe I'm misunderstanding the rules or your post, but I don't see where the team isn't allowed to be determined by RNG. On the other hand, it does seem like we have to propose teams, and reading further, any one player can do this. Since we have to have a team go on a mission every day (I would have chosen the word "quest" in keeping with the game's flavor), It doesn't seem to matter who proposes a team or is proposed to be in a team. So, may as well. Since we don't have any info on anyone, maybe we should just go down the list line to start, which would start with me, Cap_H, and Atiya.
Sorry, I meant provable RNG, which would be something like "if the last seconds digit of my next post is 0-4, I'll vote against Bob, but if it's 5-9, I'll vote against Alice." That's usually banned with the same bag of stuff as cryptography that currently isn't mentioned in the rules but I'm just going to assume is banned.

I don't see an issue with going down the list or doing it alphabetically. Possibly worth noting demon would be first in demon's method, and piano first in piano's method.
InfectionFiles
Okay, nice to have that worked out. Should be get a consensus on whether to go with going piano's list line method or demon's alphabetical?
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Hello guys, I'm Merlin.

I'm fine with randomly picking a team for now. It all depends on what Jeroen is going to allow though. He's probably going to shoot down most of our ideas because he doesn't like metagaming.

Assuming we have some good way of creating randomness that is allowed, my idea is to pick a random number between 1 and 286, which is the number of possible teams of 3 players. This number will correspond to the index of the team that we are picking. Let's use our player numbers on the sign-up sheet to number us from 1 to 13. Then teams can be indexed like so:
1 : 1 2 3
2 : 1 2 4
3 : 1 2 5
11 : 1 2 13
12 : 1 3 4
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
pianotm
Jeroen_Sol
Merlin (Informed Flagbearer)

Number: 1
Abilities: Knows who the Minions of Mordred are, except Mordred. Does not know their exact roles. Loses the game for town upon death.

Why would you claim and why would you suggest we lynch you?

I don't know platinum as well as you all, but that looks suspiciously like throwing the game to me. Fake claiming day 1 does absolutely nothing, and to go as far as lynch self, and that weird rng weirdness when we were talking about not doing that and going with something simple...

In this game, the only time a self lynch would help anyone is the assassin, but scum would have no leads day 1....

I'm very very suspicious that this is game throwing.
InfectionFiles
author=PlatinumAshes
#lynch me
Well, we lose the game if you die, so why on earth would we do that!?
pianotm
demonlord5000
I don't know platinum as well as you all, but that looks suspiciously like throwing the game to me. Fake claiming day 1 does absolutely nothing, and to go as far as lynch self, and that weird rng weirdness when we were talking about not doing that and going with something simple...

In this game, the only time a self lynch would help anyone is the assassin, but scum would have no leads day 1....

I'm very very suspicious that this is game throwing.

Here's a possibility. Mordred dying is only the win condition if Mordred is in the game in the first place and the rules say that not all roles may be in the game. If Mordred is not in the game and PlatinumAshes is Merlin, then PA knows who all scum are. Yeah, if I was put in that position, I'd throw the game, too because that shit is really unfair to scum team.

Jeroen_Sol
If Mordred is in the game, he is key scum. Otherwise, all scum are key scum.
Well that's true, though I would think jeroen is experienced enough to avoid that situation. The whole team gimmick is sort of silly without a guaranteed mordred too, so I would assume he put one in even though he only listed it as a possibility.
InfectionFiles
author=demonlord5000
Well that's true, though I would think jeroen is experienced enough to avoid that situation. The whole team gimmick is sort of silly without a guaranteed mordred too, so I would assume he put one in even though he only listed it as a possibility.
Yeah, doesn't this whole game kinda hinge on mordred being present?
Now that I look at it again, he probably did rng it, because then whats the point of oberon if hes never going to be last...

Guess I can't really fault him if it is that ridiculously stacked.
pianotm
Yeah, you're not wrong. Even still, just having a player automatically know the identity of even one player from an opposing team puts that team at an immediate disadvantage.
InfectionFiles
The Merlin role sounds broken but if someone is Percival they can see Merlin or Morgana. But, it's possible there isn't a Morgana? So Percy would see Merlin as PA if his claim is true.
pianotm
InfectionFiles
The Merlin role sounds broken but if someone is Percival they can see Merlin or Morgana. But, it's possible there isn't a Morgana? So Percy would see Merlin as PA if his claim is true.

Yeah, not sure how well this is going to work.