[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
My bad is I caused any confusion there with the pregame stuff. I'm actually more leaning that PA is false claiming and that they are indeed not Merlin. Also not gonna push for a lynch vote either.

Besides the role claim debacle, the only thing I have is possibly that too many people like psy, piano and demon are concerned with rng and deciding how to form teams. I think it would be advantageous for scum to set up who goes and who doesn't . Now this theory doesn't have a lot going for it but it is something that occurred to me. On the same note though, me, Ky and Atiya all volunteered to be part of a team that goes out first, so make of that what you will.
InfectionFiles
Just to note further, we all said WE would go rather than psy, piano, demon possibly having it where they aren't involved D1 to decrease their chance of something being found out if it's successful. Problem with this of course is that piano openly said he would be in the team if we go with a list line choosing.

Any of this make sense?
InfectionFiles
Okay, so let's try this.

I propose that psy, piano and demonlord should be the first three to go on D1 mission.
InfectionFiles
And the person who proposes a team can still vote to accept/deny, yes?
I'm not against it, but keep in mind the method I proposed also involved me going on a mission day 1 anyways, same as piano. Also, rng doesn't really involve anyone setting up the teams, which is why all of us were for it on a day 1 with almost no info.

Also keep in mind that its scum who determines if a mission fails or not. If it succeeds we don't really get anything except that someone isn't mordred who isnt even guaranteed to be in a game. If they fail it, they get one step closer to merlin, but also reveal themselves as one of the three. That has it's own risks
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
According to the rules, it says other players vote to accept or deny, so I don't think the nominated get a vote. Could be wrong on this.
InfectionFiles
#Accept

If my vote counts.
#accept

Just in case it does. Need clarification on this I think.
InfectionFiles
author=demonlord5000
I'm not against it, but keep in mind the method I proposed also involved me going on a mission day 1 anyways, same as piano. Also, rng doesn't really involve anyone setting up the teams, which is why all of us were for it on a day 1 with almost no info.

Also keep in mind that its scum who determines if a mission fails or not. If it succeeds we don't really get anything except that someone isn't mordred who isnt even guaranteed to be in a game. If they fail it, they get one step closer to merlin, but also reveal themselves as one of the three. That has it's own risks
Ah, then I misunderstood some things. But it's D1 afterall and to get the ball rolling it doesn't hurt to propose.

At the moment, I feel that we can't think TOO hard about whether a role is in the game or not because that's just going to boggle and slow things down. Moving past PA's claim and just getting people talking is gonna help us more than hurt right now.
InfectionFiles
author=demonlord5000
#acceptJust in case it does. Need clarification on this I think.
That's how I read it, from you last post. If not, no biggie! We have 2 Accepts right now. So, another question. Can you #cancel an Accept/Deny? So, say you #Accept but change your mind do you then #Deny?
pianotm
Yeah, how I read it is that the people who are nominated can accept or deny.
I have no idea on that either. As for pa, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Best case scenario is he fake claimed.

I think what we really want is to avoid having scum in a quest team altogether. If we can figure out three townies, we just keep them in to prevent scum from getting closer to merlin. They can relatively safely sacrifice someone early on to get info.
author=InfectionFiles
Just to note further, we all said WE would go rather than psy, piano, demon possibly having it where they aren't involved D1 to decrease their chance of something being found out if it's successful. Problem with this of course is that piano openly said he would be in the team if we go with a list line choosing.

Any of this make sense?

Sort of, but wanting to go on a team isn't a scum-tell, because while scum could want to be on a team to scuttle it, town would also want to be on a team because remember number one mafia rule "TRUST ONLY YOURSELF!!"

Also I really doubt we're going to see mission failures if the reward and punishment are so similar and failing is a giant target.

#accept in it voted 5
In Resistance/Avalon, everyone votes on the teams, not just participants so I'm assuming that's the case in the game as well. The idea there is that you always want to pick non-scum teams because your victory condition is completing quests but it just doesn't seem that relevant to me here.
InfectionFiles
I see the point about wanting to try and verify town.
pianotm
I actually didn't want to be on the first team, but I was proposing we follow the list and figured I couldn't just casually skip myself and go straight to Cap, Rachel, and oddRABBIT. How would that have looked?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, I'm here. First, we should lynch platinum, because this smells like one of Cave Dog's tricks and I'm not letting it pass so easily as piano or gourd (Gourd's response was quite wolfy in its ambiguity). It clustered discussion and unless they add anything else to discussion, my vote's on them. Picking team at random is a really weird thing from Merlin's perspective. I think knowing all wolves makes you more cautious, when suggesting solutions.

#lynch PlatinumAshes

Also, I #accept IF's proposal. These three seem to be trustworthy players so far and it would be helpful to know if one of them isn't. So, I think a possible hidden wolf won't dare to sabotage the mission.
Mechanics discussion: Is it even worth it to ever sabotage it? Also, i think that with an immortal cop (missions) and another two informed roles, there are at least four wolves.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=pianotm
I actually didn't want to be on the first team, but I was proposing we follow the list and figured I couldn't just casually skip myself and go straight to Cap, Rachel, and oddRABBIT. How would that have looked?

Why not? If you're town, you'll make the situation easier for you if the mission fails. Everyone should want to go.
Yeah we should probably get clarification on whether the reward is town verification or just a role thing. If it's town verification then I won't completely write off the quests.

@IF if you mean using quests to confirm people - letting scum into the questteam is not an automatic quest failure and doesn't confirm anyone.