[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

Yeah, I think the second team is good, but the first one seem just as good tbh. I'd rather us decide it quickly today so we can figure out game mechanics and move onto who we're lynching so town doesn't waste the day 1 lynch!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Gourd_Clae
author=Cap_H
Ok, I'm here. First, we should lynch platinum, because this smells like one of Cave Dog's tricks and I'm not letting it pass so easily as piano or gourd (Gourd's response was quite wolfy in its ambiguity). It clustered discussion and unless they add anything else to discussion, my vote's on them. Picking team at random is a really weird thing from Merlin's perspective. I think knowing all wolves makes you more cautious, when suggesting solutions.

#lynch PlatinumAshes
Not a fan of this idea. I think we should take the claim seriously until we have mroe information.

Also, forgive me if this sounds dumb, but is it really beneficial for scum to ever want to go on one of the quests and make it fail? That just puts you on a list of, like, 3 people who could be scum doesn't it? I understand this prevents a confimed townie but the cons seem to outweigh the pros?

True, I tried to suggest it in the second part of the post with my mechanics questions. As failing missions isn't goal of this game (smoking out scum is). Also Mordred is godfather, so he can get confirmed as town? I'm not sure about the latter, but it breaks the system a little.

@psy, true. I might find my vote elsewhere if I find a good enough reason.

Talking about mechanics a little more, going on a mission is always good from your pov. Ofc, you also need to be good at convincing others about your towniness.

I'm sorry for my comments to be on a derpier side so far, I'll try to smooth my arguments out later.
I'm undecided on who I want to lynch. I'm leaning hold off on pa because I have my own suspicions and want to wait and see what happens. I'll reveal more on this day 2.

As for teams, I don't think were going to get that much info off of them this early in the game. Kind of pointless for scum to fail a quest when they are vastly outnumbered. To that end I'd rather go with what we have because neither psy or piano come off scummy to me, and I know I'm not so there's that.

So all that's left really is to decide who we lynch today. Some people haven't shown up yet, but the game did start earlier than expected. I'll wait and see what they say tomorrow before making up my mind.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
#accept Kylaila, InfectionFiles, AtiyaTheSeeker

I think both teams are fine and while the first team looks better at the first glance, this has more of an interesting composition to it. Atiya had one fairly tonally pure comment and picking her solely on that is an interesting decision, if that's the case. IF hadn't nominated himself previously, so It's little weird to see him here, but it's a good thing too.
I'm quite Certain Ky is not with IF and probably not a wolf for not knowing about the first proposal before posting her own. So far she's my strongest townlean.
Both teams are fine. I prefer IF's because I'm on it.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
I just woke up and read all of your discussion. I'm not actually Merlin. I was just curious how people would react to it to see what I could glean from their responses. Also, I wrote this on page 1:

author=PlatinumAshes
I'm going for that spicy D1 Merlin roleclaim

I wanted to keep up the claim for at least one night. However, since some people have taken me very seriously and there is so much confusion, I'm starting to worry that I might bait the real Merlin into counterclaiming, which would not be great to say the least.

Also, I don't think the game is an "unbalanced mess", since Jeroen always balances his games very well. So please, let's stop speculating about that. I wouldn't throw one of Jeroen's games.

I think it's very strange that YellowMagic thinks I'm independent even though there are no independents on the role list. But maybe she just hasn't had the time to fully read the rules yet. Her questions about the teams mechanic reflect that.

Out of everyone, Cap_H's response makes him seem the most suspicious. Unless he really suspected I was scum pretending to be Merlin, I don't see he would vote on me. Maybe it's just his play-style to go after Cavedog-like behavior. I just don't think it helps, and it reeks of opportunism.

I'm still for randomly picking a team, but people seem to have moved on from that idea, So I'll keep reading and think a bit about who I want to form the team.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
I just got ninja'd by about a whole page of discussion so my message is probably out of date.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Teams:

psy_wombats, pianotm, demonlord5000 - proposed by InfectionFiles:

Accepted by: 6 - pianotm, InfectionFiles, demonlord5000, psy_wombats, Cap_H, Gourd_Clae
Denied by: None

Kylaila, InfectionFiles, AtiyaTheSeeker - proposed by Kylaila

Accepted by: 1 Cap_H
Denied by: None

With 13 alive it takes 7 to accept.

In case of more than one team being proposed, please quote the team if you're voting to accept or deny it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current votecount as of 2019-05-20, 09:09 GMT+2:

PlatinumAshes: 2 - PlatinumAshes, Cap_H
Not voting: 11 - pianotm, AtiyaTheSeeker, OddRABBIT, OzzyTheOne, demonlord5000, psy_wombats, Yellow Magic, Muffle, Kylaila, InfectionFiles, Gourd_Clae

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 will end 2019-05-22, 22:00 GMT+2, in 60 hours, 51 minutes, or when hammer falls.

I fucked up the time remaining at first. This should be fixed now.
@PA Oh, good, I'm so glad you weren't actually Merlin!! ;w; In retrospect, fishing for reactions makes sense. I think I floated that idea earlier but don't remember.

I agree that cap's lynch vote came across as opportunistic. i also didn't like how he voted for the other team just because it seemed like additionally unhelpful to town figuring things out. The lynch vote seemed so blatantly supsicious that I wrote it off though.

YM is a guy btw!
Also just noting here that currently I'm leaning toward town for PA since going back on the Merlin claim wasn't really necessary at this very moment unless he cared about town.

Like, it seems like it'd draw a lot of unwanted attention to fake claim then revoke it in a short amount of time and PA is a passive enough player that it seems to come from a place of genuinely wanting to help.
PlatinumAshes
Oh, my bad! Sorry about that YM
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
To answer you accusation, I have an objection. Your claim doesn't help and even an opportunistic wolf wouldn't be foolish enough to vote someone claiming Merlin. Also, I feel vanilla townies should be considerate and do their best to keep the real Merlin hidden.

If you're an ordinary town, scum's best option was to shoot you to find out. But it is not anymore as you rescinded your claim. The real Merlin couldn't afford to cc you as they're too of a valuable asset.

Ofc, sub-optimal behaviour isn't necessary scummy.

#cancel
#lynch Yellow Magic
to put some pressure on him for calling PA neutral.
author=InfectionFiles
And @Kylaila - We have a team right now of psy, piano and demonlord with Accepted votes. But I am done with your proposal as well. Unlike piano I'd rather be a part of it first just to see what's up.

Gotcha. Sorry about that, you are right. Go for it!

I will #cancel my team proposal (me, infectionfiles, atiya). Is that allowed? If not votes will probably favor the other one anyhow. I am still open to teams, be it with Atiya or anyone else, but it'd be kind of silly to sabotage the only other existing team (and now sole proposition). I'd still like to get a team started, though, because I hate moping around lol.
@Cap_H thanks for supporting it, though! : )

Also hurray for clearing up the Merlin claim!
I agree it still could have various motivations, some related to the game, and some not, so I don't think it argues the case for either alignment. I am a bit suspicious myself, but I will keep my vote for now.
Would anyone be interested in teaming up with me?
<.> omg, I .. totally missed the point of it being only one team. NVM. Hmm, but it still stands. I think it'd be nice to have some options to choose from. (forgive me though, I am willing but very tired)
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Team propositions cannot be cancelled, but as many teams can be proposed by as many players as wanted.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
How do you guys play so much

Let me read this shiznit first
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Woah, that's a lot of new pages. Okay, I'm gonna read up.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
So, in the case of teams, let's do this. I can't say I completely understand the concepts, but can the same people be on the team multiple times in a row?
author=PlatinumAshes
Assuming we have some good way of creating randomness that is allowed, my idea is to pick a random number between 1 and 286, which is the number of possible teams of 3 players. This number will correspond to the index of the team that we are picking. Let's use our player numbers on the sign-up sheet to number us from 1 to 13. Then teams can be indexed like so:
1 : 1 2 3
2 : 1 2 4
3 : 1 2 5
11 : 1 2 13
12 : 1 3 4

I do think this is a good idea. This is probably one of the more effective ways of figuring out scum, because I assume eventually scum with have to sacrifice someone to fail a mission. Not only will we know that the mission failed due to one of the three, but we might be able to isolate it out that way.

So, since the order that PlatinumAshes proposed is going
1 2 3
1 2 4
1 2 5
and so on, we can use the first two people as people we are at least moderately sure are innocent, and then consistently rotate the other people out, so that eventually someone would have to fail the mission.

...I think? That's my logic, it probably has a ton of holes.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Yeah I messed up with regards to the Independent stuff, sorry. I missed the part that says only the listed roles would be in the game.

On the subject of the random picking of people to go on teams, like psy mentioned there's no way of during this in a provably random way.

Apart from that I don't really have much else to add at this point in time - the game setup is a bit more complicated than I thought it'd be, welp