[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Now that I've read up a bit more on the mechanics I think I'm happy to

#accept psy_wombats, pianotm, demonlord5000
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Teams:

psy_wombats, pianotm, demonlord5000 - proposed by InfectionFiles:

Accepted by: 7 - pianotm, InfectionFiles, demonlord5000, psy_wombats, Cap_H, Gourd_Clae, Yellow Magic
Denied by: None

Kylaila, InfectionFiles, AtiyaTheSeeker - proposed by Kylaila

Accepted by: 1 Cap_H
Denied by: None

Team psy_wombats, pianotm, demonlord5000 has been accepted.
Any scum among the team may now send in a #Succeed or #Fail vote via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current votecount as of 2019-05-20, 18:20 GMT+2:

PlatinumAshes: 1 - PlatinumAshes
Yellow Magic: 1 - Cap_H
Not voting: 11 - pianotm, AtiyaTheSeeker, OddRABBIT, OzzyTheOne, demonlord5000, psy_wombats, Yellow Magic, Muffle, Kylaila, InfectionFiles, Gourd_Clae

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 will end 2019-05-22, 22:00 GMT+2, in 51 hours, 40 minutes, or when hammer falls.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=oddRABBIT
So, in the case of teams, let's do this. I can't say I completely understand the concepts, but can the same people be on the team multiple times in a row?
author=PlatinumAshes
Assuming we have some good way of creating randomness that is allowed, my idea is to pick a random number between 1 and 286, which is the number of possible teams of 3 players. This number will correspond to the index of the team that we are picking. Let's use our player numbers on the sign-up sheet to number us from 1 to 13. Then teams can be indexed like so:
1 : 1 2 3
2 : 1 2 4
3 : 1 2 5
11 : 1 2 13
12 : 1 3 4

I do think this is a good idea. This is probably one of the more effective ways of figuring out scum, because I assume eventually scum with have to sacrifice someone to fail a mission. Not only will we know that the mission failed due to one of the three, but we might be able to isolate it out that way.

So, since the order that PlatinumAshes proposed is going
1 2 3
1 2 4
1 2 5
and so on, we can use the first two people as people we are at least moderately sure are innocent, and then consistently rotate the other people out, so that eventually someone would have to fail the mission.

...I think? That's my logic, it probably has a ton of holes.

I find it weird you're going to start with a now defunct plan from someone who roleclaimed the most important town role super early into the game. I know you're probably trying to catch up but this comes off a bit scummy. As it feels you're trying to be like "hey, remember this?" instead of catching up to the current situation and giving your thoughts.

Buut, it's still early.
InfectionFiles
messed that hide up!
I feel better knowing it was a fake claim. Given how you cleared that up, my theory is probably wrong too so I'll just keep it the back of my mind for if it ever becomes relevant.

I still don't know how I feel about the indie thing. It'd be pretty silly for a scum ploy in an open game like this though, so probably just failure to read game mechanics beforehand.

Now that the teams are set, it's time to look at who to lynch. We haven't seen muffle or altiya yet, but the game started at a weird time so it's possible they just haven't seen the thread yet, or have had a chance to do anything.

One thing that worries me right now is ozzys silence. He was like the first one to post, and then went silent as the chaos ensued. I'm not sure if this is actually anything but I wanted to mention.
InfectionFiles
I know Ozzy's timzone might be a bit off but I thought the same thing about him going silent after being active during the pregame stuff.

My top 2 lynches right now is Cap and ODD. Cap mostly for wanting to lynch PA and ODD for trying to add discussion but using info that is now no longer needed. It's not much but it's what I'm feeling right now.

Strongest townleans is Demon, Ky and Gourdy for me.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
If you want me dead, then kill me. If that gives us information, I'm all for it.

I'm just not sure how to go about doing this, so, um... I guess I'll wait and see what Atiya and Muffle end up saying. Right now I have a gut feeling that Demonlord is scum, but that's completely random and has nothing to back it up.

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
That does go against InfectionFiles, though, so I'd recommend ignoring my instinct, and just going with what he thinks.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Ozzy's schedule is probably what is preventing him. I had him busy pretty late last night, and then he probably ended up sleeping for a while and had college or something soon after waking up. So I'm not really worried about his silence.
InfectionFiles
What does everyone think of the possibility of four scum in this game?
InfectionFiles
author=oddRABBIT
That does go against InfectionFiles, though, so I'd recommend ignoring my instinct, and just going with what he thinks.
And go with your gut if that's what you're feeling! I'll admit I feel like there's a good chance that one scum might be in the first team. From the start, Ky, Atiya and myself volunteered for a team, but didn't know how proposal worked(at least I didn't at first) Demon, psy and piano all went for how to go about the best way of setting up the teams with randomness or something like it to try and form the teams. It's likely that there's one scum out of six people.
author=psy_wombats
author=InfectionFiles
Just to note further, we all said WE would go rather than psy, piano, demon possibly having it where they aren't involved D1 to decrease their chance of something being found out if it's successful. Problem with this of course is that piano openly said he would be in the team if we go with a list line choosing.

Any of this make sense?
Sort of, but wanting to go on a team isn't a scum-tell, because while scum could want to be on a team to scuttle it, town would also want to be on a team because remember number one mafia rule "TRUST ONLY YOURSELF!!"

At least according to psy, scum might want to be on the team and since the odds are good that a townie will be on the team I have to be suspicious of who wants to go. But even moreso I'm suspicious of those trying to form teams without proposing or volunteering themselves.

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Hm... Four out of 13 players?

No. Jeroen has a very specific thing with balancing, he's very meticulous in his design. I think he would go with about three for a game of this size. If this game had the sixteen players he was aiming for, there would most likely be four mafia. But since it was only thirteen, it's unlikely.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I think scum would want multiple people on a team. If the team was two town, one scum, and we found the scum, then it becomes likely that the other two are just town. But if it was two scum, one town, and one scum was bussed, then it makes the remaining scum look like town.
Odd, if you are town, then you should be fighting to prove it. All of us want to avoid killing townies (unless they are scum), and the discussion helps that. Offering to die gains us nothing.

I'm not actually sure on the numbers here. That would put us at 9 town and 4 scum. Those numbers sound like it'd be a really rough game for town. I'm no expert on the ideal ratios though.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Jeroen, judging by previous meta statements, si super obsessed with the balancing of scum and town, as well as independants (though this game has none). There's no way there's more than three scum.
InfectionFiles
I bring up the 4 scum again because it's something CapH suggested. Because, yeah, 4 out of 9 doesn't seem fair. But are we factoring in Merlin's ability into the number? Would it appear more balanced if there was more than 3? 3 sounds like the fairest number, personally.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=oddRABBIT
So, in the case of teams, let's do this. I can't say I completely understand the concepts, but can the same people be on the team multiple times in a row?
author=PlatinumAshes
Assuming we have some good way of creating randomness that is allowed, my idea is to pick a random number between 1 and 286, which is the number of possible teams of 3 players. This number will correspond to the index of the team that we are picking. Let's use our player numbers on the sign-up sheet to number us from 1 to 13. Then teams can be indexed like so:
1 : 1 2 3
2 : 1 2 4
3 : 1 2 5
11 : 1 2 13
12 : 1 3 4

I do think this is a good idea. This is probably one of the more effective ways of figuring out scum, because I assume eventually scum with have to sacrifice someone to fail a mission. Not only will we know that the mission failed due to one of the three, but we might be able to isolate it out that way.

So, since the order that PlatinumAshes proposed is going
1 2 3
1 2 4
1 2 5
and so on, we can use the first two people as people we are at least moderately sure are innocent, and then consistently rotate the other people out, so that eventually someone would have to fail the mission.

...I think? That's my logic, it probably has a ton of holes.

Why is this the one thing you decided to respond to?
Woah lots of pages. Tbh I totally forgot I signed up for this. Tbh I totally forgot this existed. I need to get back on RMN more, its 2017 all over again - not participating in events or forums and not making any games. Crap, where'd my 2018 vibe go? Maybe it burned away with the fire.

Err, um, well I read through everything while I was in the taxi omw to get my snake some food. I see I'm not the only one confused about the mechanics, I thought I didn't get it 'cause I'm stupid;; I was hesitant to join this game because when I read the rules it was like "uhhh" but it was Mafia and I figured maybe someone could help me out? Or I could just dumb it out and figure it out myself.

On to the game. The first team seems really good, in the past from what I've played with them they are top notch mafia players, which makes me just a bit suspicious of them making such a great team, but that's just a small thought in the back of my mind so I'm not going to really take much of that to account especially on the first day. Doesn't matter anyways since it's already went through but I thought I'd put my two sense in.

Are we supposed to lynch on day 1? Or is it all about the missions? Is the missions going to give us anything about players, I have no idea what their mechanic is for in the first place. If it gives us a hint then I'd prefer to not lynch to see what happens to avoid sacrificing a townie for no reason, as D1 usually has like a what - 90% chance of doing that? What stops scum from failing all the missions, that was also my very first thought. But I guess we'll just see. Doing this would prevent a 2 town kill by 2nd day if scum chooses to hit someone, and we'd have more information (probably?)

If anyone has any qualms I understand, I just would prefer to play it safe rather then hit and miss (which happens a lot and makes things tough ouch)
Tfw when I meant to strike instead of underline
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I don't think I have much of a reason for neither townreading most players nor strongly suspecting anyone.
YM had an iffy start, but the 3p comment would only hold water, if he were on team with Platinum. He wouldn't have any reason to soften his suspicion otherwise.
I still feel like it might be the case and the comment a perspective flip.

Odd avoided most of the thread and posted a comment about numbers and two defensive comments. Together, it might be just enough for me to put him in my wolf pile.

Gourd was very agreeable and he agreed with PA little too much. I think he should have more of his own opinion, but this also lacks scummy motivation.

I think Ky, IF are my townleans atm.
Majority of players stays at null.
Gourd just slightly so below the line.
PA and YM are weak scumleans and possible associates (if one of them flips w, i would go for the other).