[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Kylaila
And anytime I tag piano friendly I get the jitters. I haven't seen enough food for doubt, but just noting. Maybe I respect 'em too much here.
I know I basically said this in my last post, but I know what you mean. Same with psy. And Odd for that matter. Two are scary and one is scary because they are unreadable.
My concern right now is that at the moment we're basically short two players. Was there any update on what's up with Ozzy? Also if Atiya hasn't contacted Jero we should consider them for today, bar any other huge red flags from anyone else. Not great to kill new people on d1 but losing to lurker scum is also bad.

I'm not going to post a huge readlist because it's d1 and pretty much everyone is netural, no one's made any strong arguments, and I'm only any good at scumhunting based on looking at who's voting for whom. Right now the only people I have bad feelings about are IF-piano-demon because piano and demon each have each other in that "hm, town, but I dunno" weak read and IF sent them on the mission. It's a really common Resistance first scum play to send out one of your scum friends instead of yourself on a mission in order to appear "less suspicious." Only strong townread is Cap.

When IF shows back up I'm still wondering what he finds suspicious about Odd, who just seems to be as myopic as usual. Also, @Muffle and @Odd, posting your gut even without reasons for it is still more useful than posting no opinion, if only because it gives everyone else something to judge you with.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Ozzy's internet went out yesterday. He probably hasn't posted since because bed and school/work. He came back on pretty late. As for Rachel, she's trying to drop out of our D&D game, and she's left the Discord server. Out of respect, I won't speculate. UPRC, I, and, I assume, Ozzy are trying to get in contact with her to see if she's okay.
Well my gut feeling is mostly towards demon and PA. I don't seem the be the only ones with that feeling either. I also feel the same about lynching atiya if they don't get more active, I know Ozzy is really really busy. Honestly I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said, hopefully d2 will bring more information to talk about
Piano kinda ninjad me. I hope they're okay. Feel kinda bad now.
Thanks for the update, hopefully Atiya's alright. D1 is long enough that we shouldn't miss anything waiting for Ozzy, maybe best to just do that, otherwise about now I'd be looking at voting.

Also as a heads up I'm traveling this week/weekend and might be on a flight at the end of d1, and will be playing by phone with spotty service after that so probably posting a bit less, which shouldn't be a problem, but I won't be available for any deadline drama.
InfectionFiles
@psy- Mainly because he's trying to do better, honestly. Which is good. Not gonna condemn that. Yes, he is his usual self mostly, but it's just a feeling. It's obvious he can get away with a lot of stuff with how people treat him. That alone makes me want to suspect him so I'm not caught off guard. (though I usually am anyways)

I won't push much if people are going through something or literally can't post. But this is also a game and it'd be nice to know what's up.

YELLOW MAGIC, whatchu up to buddy?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
First, of all, sorry for being so lacking until now, the last two days have been unexpectedly busy. I'll try to post more from now on, I actually forgot today that I had a mafia game going ^_^;
InfectionFiles
author=OzzyTheOne
First, of all, sorry for being so lacking until now, the last two days have been unexpectedly busy. I'll try to post more from now on, I actually forgot today that I had a mafia game going ^_^;
No problem, buddy. Glad you're doing okay!
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Looking back again at the reactions to my Merlin roleclaim, I would say most seem pretty normal. I was hoping there might be a bandwagon on me so I could see who hopped on it and make reads, but it turns out that most people just reacted in utter confusion. Cap_H did vote me up on his own, but being the first to cast the vote on Merlin claim would be an insanely risky tactic for scum. Still, I have my eye on him in case he is just really aggressive scum.

Okay I'm going to briefly go through that list. I might expand tomorrow since I have to leave in 10 minutes.

Odd: Seems like he wants to talk about anything except for the substance of the game. That reads kind of scum to me. And now that he is being called out left-right-and-center, he's gone suspiciously quiet, almost like nervous scum.

Cap: Like I said above, he's either town, or scum and a absolute madlad.

Atiya: Much too quiet and probably my second favorite for the lynch, after Odd.

Psy: Seems to contribute a lot to the discussion, rather than sitting in the background. Strong town read from me.

Gourd: I haven't seem him make many points but he seem's okay so far. He seems a bit too "friendly" which rouses my suspicious on intuitive level. Maybe that's just his character, I kind of forgot what exactly he plays like.

Kylaila: Seems okay so far I honestly don't have much to remark open.

IF: Maybe the most active player; he's always putting his thoughts out there and discussing possible leads. Seems like IF is an unusually productive town player to me.

Demon: I don't know about him. He was really aggro after the Merlin claim but if he really thought I was game-throwing, then I guess he could just be annoying. I'm honestly not sure.

Yellow Magic: I'm still scratching my head about the indie accusation, seems like it could be sowing confusion or trying to stir up a lynch mod. It could also be distractedness, since game hadn't officially started yet. Leaning wolf.

Muffle: I think Muffle's thought about D1 lynches is interesting and pretty useful. Hasn't said much else that really stuck me.Leaning town I guess.

Platinum: why hello there

Piano: Also makes a lot of valid points. Leaning town on him

Ozzy: Is he still alive though?

For now I'm going to go ahead and

#unlynch me
#lynch Odd
All good. Life can be unexpectedly hectic sometimes. Fortunately this d1 is long enough where it didn't matter too much.

Also, I doubt there will be any end day drama given it's a day 1 and we have virtually no evidence on anyone. My votes probably going on altiya if she doesn't show up, because lurkers only hurt the game.
InfectionFiles
What's the time left? Still a billion hours?

Gonna throw this out there

#lynch AtiyaTheSeeker
InfectionFiles
What's the time left? Still a billion hours?

Gonna throw this out there

#lynch AtiyaTheSeeker
Ninja'd by PA. Just went over the list and seems alright. I'd rather vote altiya over odd for now. Odd at least contributed something if not much, altiya literally agreed to rng like 2 posts in and was never seen again. I'd rather kill the lurker now rather than have them be a problem later.

Only reason I haven't is I'm unsure how much time is left. Then again, I don't know how much more we will get out of 1 discussion.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Atiya is a wasted lynch. Based on what happened on Discord, she has almost certainly asked Jeroen to drop her from the game. Even if she hasn't or he doesn't, if she doesn't talk, it's likely she'll be modkilled anyway. Lynching a nonparticipant takes our attention off of actual scumhunts.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Lynching the afk player is indeed the best thing to do usually, because they are either silent scum or unhelpful town, so I'm also for lynching Atiya, but will hold back on my vote until she appears, if she does not appear however, I'd be glad to cast my vote against her.

I'm not that good at reading people in real life nor games, but I'll try my best to give my assumptions about who could be who.

My main suspect is PlatinumAshes, I still don't like the entire fake Merlin role claiming. While I am no stranger to bizarre tactics in order to fish reactions, still find it suspicious. Best case scenario he did indeed just fakeclaim and isn't Mordred or actually Merlin!
Regardless of if his claim was fake, we should not ignore the possibility of him being scum and making this ploy on purpose in order to try and paint agressive town as bandwagoning scum. The real scum would know not to fall into the bait which would make it more likely for an aggressive town player, like say Cap_H, to get in on the lynch and paint himself suspicious due to this.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Something else that just itched my brain, I never saw the entire team thing as useless, and I didn't even adequately read the rules at first. So I find it suspicious that some players, mainly psy and IF who were all over the rules for teams, would point out that teams are essentialy useless, sounds to me like they were trying to downplay the importance of quests for town, but I could be wrong and they actually were just confused about the team stuff.

Also, part of the reason why getting a "Not Mordred" result if the quest succeeds is that Merlin will now know one more person that is not Mordred. Merlin will already know the other not Mordred scum, so he/she can then deduce who might be mordred if the result of "not mordred" lands on someone else than someone that he already knows is scum. Like, the entire quest thing has a lot of uses when looked upon from more angles. And if Merlin manages to narrow down the their list of potential mordred, that's only good for town.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Also, unless someone is without a shadow of a doubt proven to be town, I will play by the basic rule that psy mentioned earlier, "Trust only yourself."
InfectionFiles
author=OzzyTheOne
Also, unless someone is without a shadow of a doubt proven to be town, I will play by the basic rule that psy mentioned earlier, "Trust only yourself."
It's definitely good advice!

Also, I was very confused by the teams at first! I read it as people would be revealed as non-minions of Mordred, not just Mordred. Which why it seemed that going on missions would confirm town easily. Missions also didn't seem to make sense if Mordred wasn't present in the game. Which is still possible?