[MAFIA] THE RESISTANCE: AVALON MAFIA - GAME ON

author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Kylaila
author=Gourd_Clae
YM's idea for a mafia that restricts how many times you can post is a fun idea. It'd probably mess a lot of people up though lol!
That's the entire point. : D townies mess up too, yknow.

Well. Glad to know there's peeps who really enjoy it LockeZ!

And yes I realize this could have been a much longer game, I was kinda happy it sped up. Still, being fully 100% active for a full week isn't easy. And I just go all in with what I do. It's how I live, it's my body, it's actually also why I am really good for my work! (I watch movies for quality control - mind stays active even with the chillest most boring movies in languages i don't understand)

Ahahaha. Uhm, don't mind me being so open or chatty. Ah.. agaga..
Don't worry, Ky! You're not the only one who was on all week and put through the wringer by this game, haha T.T

Let's just say waking up to your Merlin immediately claiming and to three people leaving your game is not good for your health...

Yeah... I feel you.
I mean, technically, any outcome could be fine and you can just start a round two if it was immediately at least LOL. But.. I am sorry you've had such a hard time too. I was a bit frustrated I was salty with ya too. I don't like the setup (MAYBESSSSSSS), but that doesn't mean it isn't well-thought out or balanced in it.
I just wantcha to know that.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Discord link to dead and scum chat

In case anyone missed it before.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I felt so bad for Jeroen.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I had to try and juggle time to theorize in mafia with having two exams past week and also finishing a project for the Themeroulette event. It goes without saying that I failed on the last one xD
author=LockeZ
The post restriction is just dumb. It's like... the only it does is prevent people from actually playing.

On Mafia World, you're required to make something like ten posts a day minimum, and the average player makes more like thirty posts a day. In comparison, the post count on RMN is super super light.

In case that got lost, I was talking about scum-chat only, as to give town chat a boost, in fact. Since collaboration has to be done there, in part. Or more part.

Anyway. Post restriction for all is kinda silly. Especially with no edit in place
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=LockeZ
I felt so bad for Jeroen.

Yeah me too. Three people leaving, one each day up until day 4. Jero was also an MVP for keeping the game running.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I like semi-open or open setup games better than the usual closed games as well. Hence this setup. It has a lot fewer maybes than most games we've seen in the past.

Though I guess it could be argued that in those games, it wasn't even useful to brainstorm about mechanics at all, simply because of all the maybes.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Jeroen_Sol
Discord link to dead and scum chatIn case anyone missed it before.

Can you unrestrict the channels?
I'm glad I managed to hold on at least. I am stubborn LOL
author=Jeroen_Sol
I like semi-open or open setup games better than the usual closed games as well. Hence this setup. It has a lot fewer maybes than most games we've seen in the past.

Though I guess it could be argued that in those games, it wasn't even useful to brainstorm about mechanics at all, simply because of all the maybes.

Yeah.. Apparantly I got.. lucky... which. Yeah. I shall stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from that. Guessing people is enough fun for me already.
Then I shall appreciate the rules in place welp.
LockeZ
Not being useful to brainstorm about mechanics certainly never stopped anyone from doing it.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I put out way too many different theories out there, I tried my best to find scum, specially once most people believe me Lancelot claim, I had to make sure to give them no reason to suspect the bulletproof Merlin Protector. I was just so lost at day 4 that it took me just not looking at thread for over 12 hours to get my thoughts all together.

That scum actually killed Odd because of my theory still baffles, I've rarely called shit that well before.
It was an annoying game in that a lot of people ended up quitting and that messed with our ability to go back and look at lynch votes. Jero went through all the trouble to get a game going, and people just go and ruin the flow of it by quitting.

Also just went back and read todays day phase now that I'm here. I do agree the psy vote was the most logical choice given the player count. I think we would have probably lost even if we had factored in that stunt was possible since most everyone was leaning toward the psy lynch.

The one argument I probably would of made is that scum was trying to stand out with that mission failure, but I probably wouldn't of gotten anywhere with it.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Next time I'm town, I will smite all ye scum. None will escape my wrath, this game has leveled up my confidence and I will hunt you relentlessly next game.
Looking back, my biggest regret is probably my d1 reaction. I've only ever played mafia on rmn, and being away from it awhile I think I just took the merlin claim way too literally.

I probably should of caught on that piano going after psy didn't make a whole lot of sense. I was the one suspicious of him the whole game, and piano just latched on to it. Giving the aggressiveness I should of guessed it was an assassin trying to get lynched too.

I'd still say I'm pretty inexperienced at mafia, but I don't think I played the worst other than my d1.
Jeroen_Sol
demon, you coming over to dead chat?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
My gut feeling was right about psy and piano! haha daaaaamnit

Wish I didn't drop that stupid ass lynch vote and get myself lynched. Then when it happened I was hoping it would do more for town as it was so obvious scum was on my lynch QUICK. Sorry I failed you, townies!
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Well, that was fun guys! Thanks for the game.

I'm just glad I didn't get shot N1 and ruin the game for you.

The thing is, I was gonna claim Merlin right away no matter what my role was. It sort of worked to my favor in the end. But it took sooo much discipline to actually do it when I saw I was Merlin.

That first day was extremely stressful though, really. If you guys would have seen through my trick, the game would be over like that. I would have felt so guilty and sorry for town and Jeroen.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=InfectionFiles
My gut feeling was right about psy and piano! haha daaaaamnit

Wish I didn't drop that stupid ass lynch vote and get myself lynched. Then when it happened I was hoping it would do more for town as it was so obvious scum was on my lynch QUICK. Sorry I failed you, townies!

You tried your best IF! Next game we'll hopefully meet again and kick some scum butts!
Jeroen_Sol
Yeah, waking up to my Merlin claiming in his very first post was quite the experience. Didn't think that would be the prelude to me waking up on multiple days with something having gone terribly wrong in the game though. >.<