[RMMV] SOME HELP! I NEED ADVICE FOR SOME PARTICULAR SCRIPTS.

Pages: 1
As I've once stated on my welcome topic, I am working on a game. What I've forgotten to say is that I am also working on another game, which will still be a short game but be FULL of things to do and easter eggs, including three alternate endings.

Now, I might be an amateur Indie game developer, but there are some certain particular events and scripts I had in mind that I have NO CLUE how to make happen ingame. I have many plugins installed to help me, tho.

- How do I make a 'Gate' or certain character disappear when the player found a key item?
Example: the player needs a bar of chocolate to give to a bully, or else that person won't move out of the way. The chocolate bar is hidden somewhere in the world, lying around. The item is a key item, but it will disappear once used.

- How do I make a working button or switch that opens gates or makes obstacles disappear?

- How do I make so that, after specific actions in-battle, the battle automatically stops? Can I also display messages in-battle?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
How do I make a 'Gate' or certain character disappear when the player found a key item?
Example: the player needs a bar of chocolate to give to a bully, or else that person won't move out of the way. The chocolate bar is hidden somewhere in the world, lying around. The item is a key item, but it will disappear once used.

When the player gets an item from a chest, or whatever, there is an event-command to increase an item by a specified amount. The same command should be able to decrease an item by a specified amount. Of course, it can't hurt to check to see if the player has the item in question before-hand. Pretty sure the Conditional Branch event-command can handle this check?

How do I make a working button or switch that opens gates or makes obstacles disappear?

Short version: Use game-switches.

Long version: So, the door (or gate, or whatever) is an event that blocks player movement, and is closed by default. On page 2, the door has an empty graphic, can be walked through, and requires that a certain game-switch is enabled. The object (in whatever form it takes) that opens the door would simply enable that game-switch.

How do I make so that, after specific actions in-battle, the battle automatically stops? Can I also display messages in-battle?

I'm aware of an "Abort Battle" event-command that can prematurely end a battle before it would end by normal means (ie: the player party getting killed, or the monster party getting killed). However, I'm not 100% sure how to go about detecting specific actions.

As for displaying messages in battle, what you might be thinking about would be done through the "Troop" tab? Like, if a character has pre-battle quotes, that would be the place to do it in. That particular game calls a Common Event to generate the quotes, but, obviously, it depends on what, exactly, you're looking for.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

For the battle thing, in troops, you can event things to happen on a certain turn.

Everything else you describes sounds like you need control switches.
Pages: 1