PURCHASE HISTORY

Pages: 1
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I remember that I bought something from the RMN Store to get my User Title. But I can't find any purchase history or proof that I purchased that item. This was many years ago, but having proof of purchase would be useful incase I would need to prove that I have a license for the product.

(I logged into my account on RPG Maker Web and saw that they had kept track of everything I purchased from their website.)
the store is just links to other people's stores. we don't have any way to track what you buy.
SunflowerGames

author=ankylo
the store is just links to other people's stores. we don't have any way to track what you buy.

What stores does RMN link too? Would they have a record?
You have a store, but you don't know what people buy from it???

I hope you can at least appreciate the problem you create by selling licensed products, but having no record of their sales. How would someone be able to tell if I legitimately bought a product or just pirated it?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
What did you buy?
SunflowerGames
author=InfectionFiles
What did you buy?

After checking RPG Maker Web, and using a process of elimination, I believe it was The Cinematic Soundtrack. As I know I bought it, but it's neither on my RPG Maker Web account or Steam account.

I pretty much bought it at the time to get my user title and to get some DLC at the same time. But now that I'm making commercial VNs I'm going back to see what I purchased in the past and from where (in case I want to use something I already own.) I'm not saying I will use it, but still... It would be nice to have a way to verify I own the license.

Edit:

I checked, I acquired the achievement for donating to this website on 08/10/2013 at 09:46 PM.
InfectionFiles
author=kory_toombs
author=InfectionFiles
What did you buy?
After checking RPG Maker Web, and using a process of elimination, I believe it was The Cinematic Soundtrack. As I know I bought it, but it's neither on my RPG Maker Web account or Steam account.

I pretty much bought it at the time to get my user title and to get some DLC at the same time. But now that I'm making commercial VNs I'm going back to see what I purchased in the past and from where (in case I want to use something I already own.) I'm not saying I will use it, but still... It would be nice to have a way to verify I own the license.

Edit:

I checked, I acquired the achievement for donating to this website on 08/10/2013 at 09:46 PM.
I was literally gonna say, check your Achievements!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
From what I can see by hovering my mouse over the "Buy now" links, most of the products run through Avangate. Or, rather, they ran through Avangate. Those links appear to be dead. ;_;

At any rate, they probably sent you an email concerning your purchase, which may/should have been the basis to your email to kentona to get your "Community Chest" achievement.

*Edit: I could understand if such emails were deleted at this point, though. So, I dunno what kinds of other records might exist to verify your purchase.
SunflowerGames

I checked my credit card history in August 2013.

$21.50 to Avangate. But no other info.
We don't run a 'store', we run a basic link share repository for commercial goods. So, no, we don't keep track of that as we pretty much act as a point of advertising for most things in the store. That is, we link to stores with ads for their goods, so as to give a bit more exposure. We don't actually hold an account for the goods sold or bought through us.

Also, wasn't aware we count buying stuff through the store as pre-requisite for the community chest award. I thought it was donations only.
SunflowerGames

RMN makes a considerable chunk (like 50%, if I remember correctly) off store sales. I remember that Kentona says this counts as a donation somewhere, but I'm not sure where... This was back in 2013, so it might be hard to find the information I read for this (might have been a thread.)

Edit: Kentona at least mentions it once on this thread =
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/12026/

author=kentona
I don't think it is a sale - I think it is a permanent price reduction.

Anywho, remember, if you bought any of the software or packs through RMN let me know so I can apply the Donator status to your account here at RMN. (I don't get the financial details of your transaction (of course) so I have no way of looking it up myself)

Also, Liberty has created a new RMN meme:

Well that quote also answers the other part of your question:
author=kentona
(I don't get the financial details of your transaction (of course) so I have no way of looking it up myself)
RMN has no record of your purchase history. (which is what Anky also mentioned in the first response I guess)
InfectionFiles
I remember kentona saying that but wasn't sure because the community chest only says donations. I've bought something from the store links awhile back now but also donated.
We only got money from the ones that were through RMW (since that's handled through the affiliate program... which I'm not sure is still going, tbh). The others we just link to for free, because we're nice like that and understand that people can have a hard time getting the word out there for their stuff.

So if you bought something from avongate (or whatever it's called) none of that money would have come to us.
SunflowerGames

author=Liberty
We only got money from the ones that were through RMW (since that's handled through the affiliate program... which I'm not sure is still going, tbh). The others we just link to for free, because we're nice like that and understand that people can have a hard time getting the word out there for their stuff.

So if you bought something from avongate (or whatever it's called) none of that money would have come to us.

So your saying Kentona gave me an achievement and a user title for giving him diddly squat?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kory_toombs
So your saying Kentona gave me an achievement and a user title for giving him diddly squat?

Two relevant quotes from the aforementioned thread seem to disprove that?

author=kentona
RMN can net up to 30% of the sale price of for these programs, so if you were planning on purchasing Ace, VX and/or XP (and haven't done so already), consider purchasing it through the link above! Also, I heard that new RPG Music Packs will be available through these vendor affiliate programs, too.

author=kentona
Anywho, remember, if you bought any of the software or packs through RMN let me know so I can apply the Donator status to your account here at RMN. (I don't get the financial details of your transaction (of course) so I have no way of looking it up myself)

I had assumed that you meant that one site with the Laxius Power games on it, which, yeah, if it'd been from there then we'd get nothing.

But again, only select items do we get any money from, and we don't hold any record of those item sales because they're through another store. We just link to them and get money based on sales made through our link-back. Or we did, I'm not sure if the affiliate program is still going or not.

Anyway, since it was through that store, look there for answers and proof of purchase. I'm afraid we don't have any.
SunflowerGames

I e-mailed the seller and got a receipt plus the download link for the DLC, which I'm allowed to use 10 more times.
Pages: 1