RMN'S FAVOURITE RM GAMES OF ALL TIME LIST (2019 EDITION)

Pages: first prev 12 last
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=visitorsfromdreams
2. Wither
3. Three Ghostly Roses

Another Wither fanperson! And Three Ghostly Roses <3

Edit: I somehow sniped visitors' post. My bad!

1. Space Funeral
2. Wither
3. Three Ghostly Roses
4. OFF
5. Lisa The Painful RPG
6. Soma Spirits
7. One Shot
8. Melon Journey
9. Red Trees
10. Lavender
author=CashmereCat
2. Wither
3. Three Ghostly Roses
Another Wither fanperson! And Three Ghostly Roses <3

Edit: I somehow sniped visitors' post. My bad!

1. Space Funeral
2. Wither
3. Three Ghostly Roses
4. OFF
5. Lisa The Painful RPG
6. Soma Spirits
7. One Shot
8. Melon Journey
9. Red Trees
10. Lavender

Love me some Wither, probably wouldnt be making games without having discovered it.
i 4 star'd wither to prominence, you're welcome
1] Legion Saga II
2] The Way
3] A Blurred Line
4] Fallenwood
5] Alter ALIA
6] Final Fallacy
7] Final Fantasy High
8] Extrenia the Messiah
9] Journey to Northpass
10] Dawn of Darkness Legends: Nightwish
1. Fighting Robots Quest
2. (The Samuverse) SoulScape & Mothlight & Orogenesis
3. AĆ«demphia
4. The Amber Throne
5. Rise of the Third Power
6. Middens
7. Shrink 'High
8. Monster World RPG
9. Wait (Extended)
10. Game Over Quest

I have chosen my favorite titles not getting enough mentions in toplists, though a few of them are still in production.
1. Virgo vs the Zodiac
2. Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle (not on rmn, but Rpgmaker, and MY GOD <3)
3. Ib
4. Three Ghostly Roses
5. To Crime Nirvana
6. The End
7. Hero Maker
8. I'm Scared of Girls
9. The Great Empty
10. Space Funeral

Special Shout-out also to:
11. Ink Travellers (I would add Erayu but I didn't play it, I just translated the thing - it still showed how incredibly good it is.)
12. Thin Walls
13. ALONE
14. Project1 (Casshy)
15. Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer (obviously)

It's hard to do a list of all time, I also missed the last couple of years so.. there.
Y'all are forgetting Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Kylaila

Ah I feel bad! I knew I was forgetting something. Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is an amazing game! I'm kicking myself for leaving it off of my list XD;;;;
author=unity
author=Kylaila
Ah I feel bad! I knew I was forgetting something. Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is an amazing game! I'm kicking myself for leaving it off of my list XD;;;;

I see RMN is not lost yet : D : D I never heard anyone say anything about it ever, so I am glad you know about it ^..^
It can always be fixed, though, am I right ;)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've heard of Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle, but have not played it. Maybe I should fix that.
CashmereCat
author=unity
I'm kicking myself for leaving it off of my list XD;;;;

You can always make amendments to your list if you let me know, then I'll update it in the general list :) I'll update stuff now.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Remind me, if I'm forgetting one of my favs.

1. Space Funeral
2. Weird and Unfortunate Things Are Happening
3. Three Ghostly Roses
4. Paradise Blue
5. Last Word
6. Free Spirits
7. Sunken Spire
8. Suzy and Freedom
9. Hellion
10. Enelysion

Only a small selections of honorable mentions: Amort, Aurora Wing, Jimmy and The Pulsating Mass and many other games I haven't played yet, Calunio's backlog, Unity's backlog, Grumpy Knight, One Shot...
CashmereCat
author=Govinda
2. (The Samuverse) SoulScape & Mothlight & Orogenesis

I only let one game count for each slot for the aggregated ranking, so I've just calculate the points to SoulScape here. Let me know if you want to reorder your games to include all those three in the aggregated ranking, and I'll change it.

I've updated the list! :)
Is there any game that feels like harvest moon to recommend? :D
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Considering we can nominate commercial games and games not on RMN... Does that include all those 18+ RPG Maker games on Steam?
I feel I really missed an opportunity to make a great list :)
Gonna try this! I don't play many RPG Maker horror games, so just assume Ib OFF and Yume Nikki would be somewhere on here if I did.

1. The Way: Nostalgia pick, really? This was my Xenogears as a kid
2. Dhux's Scar: in retrospect this game steals liberally from Dragon Quarter. That said it has a lot of attitude and funny jokes, so it's still my fave
3. Helen's Mysterious Castle: nice and compact dungeon crawler w/ many small perfect details
4. Space Funeral: SPACE FUNERAL.
5. Capella's Promise: amazing game with some cool and unique ideas. I wish more RPG Maker games made in the Japanese scene were available in English...
6. Star Stealing Prince: can be pretty hard, but has a lot of heart. As prince of a small realm you can wash the dishes of your subjects
7. Hero's Realm: while uneven and perhaps packed w/ too much stuff, this game better captures the appealing qualities of Dragon Quest and early Final Fantasy than most other games made in the engine I've seen
8. Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass: haven't played as much of this as I'd like...would slot it a notch or two below Undertale in the world of Earthboundlikes. A real triumph by Housekeeping
9. Exit Fate: I'm not sure why this game is so low here??? I think it's because as great a game it is, it doesn't really capture the same atmosphere as the game it's riffing on, Suikoden. That said, easily one of the most polished and fully fledged games made in RPG Maker
10. Chain of Retribution: it's fun!
I can just agree with `Kylelascar, that me too like long more or less epic games. It changes whole the time, but to take 10 i have alot of fun with and is great now(and forever):
1. Yggdrasil Chronicles - A Tale of Cindrivia
2. Theia
3. Lakria legends
4. A very long rope to the top of the sky
5. Epic oddyssey
6. Romancing monarcy.(i have the free one, now commercial but i will buy it.
7. Lexima legends. Beat it once and you unocked some modes, beyond epic is up to level 1000 and +10 000 000 damages.
8. Tales of a drunken paladin. A bit different but well done and much to do.
9. Everlong (only must put in in here, so much work behind it)
10.The master of souls.
All this are long games. And all could have been placed nearly everywhere in the list.
I have forget alot, but to only take 10, it`s hard.
Although your list includes four games that are also part of my list (Theia: The Crimson Eclipse, Lakria Legends, A Very Long Rope To The Top Of The Sky, Everlong), there are also some games on your list that I didn't like that much (Romancing Monarchy) or at all (Epic Odyssey, The Master Of Souls). I even quit Yggdrasil Chronicles a while ago without even reaching the second map because of personal preferences. It's funny how much tastes overlap, and how much they don't at the same time. We can consider ourselves lucky that there are so many great games to choose from.

The actual occasion for my post is to thank you for mentioning Lexima Legends, since I probably would never have heard about it otherwise. I will definitely check it out sometime. Best-case scenario, it's like Forever Home one of the games with the greatest possible gap between high quality and low mainstream fame.
It`s so hard for every player to do a 10-top list. But interesting to hear what thoughts people have about games. As KyleLascar said, some favorite games are the same but other are totally different. (Just as we people are).
What i wanted to say was that i totally forget a game(more than one for sure) but the game i was thinking of was: Manifest. It has pretty much puzzels, but it`s a really really great game if you like long(J)RPGs, and a lockpicking system that is pretty cool and different.
And thanks KyleLascar for Forever home(officially).
It`s so easy to just bypass really great games just because the RM scene seems very healthy and has been so more or less for so long. But it makes me extra happy to see all the RM2K3 games that are coming out now (2019)and in the near future.(and beyond).
Pages: first prev 12 last