NO WWW.RPGMAKER.ORG?

Pages: 1
There is no rpgmaker.org! It is gone now and it said it would be out this summer! Darnit! I wanted to go there so bad! :(
>:( i'm mad at them for saying something that's really not real!

Any way they are going to bring it back? Or is it now at a different site?
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I have no idea what you're talking about. rpgmaker.com and rpgmaker.org have always been vaporware (even more so than rpgmaker.net). We'll see one of them truely active when Bush comes. (Only person who will get this referance is WIP).

Fun fact: During our NeXus days, we were going to finally buy a domain name. I choose rpgmaker.org but everyone else hated it because they thought it made us sound like a non-profit site. Of course, we are in a sense. ^_^

rpgmaker.net was the popular consensus, but I never bothered to register it. Then Rast registered it for his new RPGEngine site. The rest is history... or actually it's the present.
I was looking forward to rpgmaker.org as well. :-\
it really sucks.
I wanted to post my games there, cuz i thought people could just play ur games instead of ownloadin em, like on addictinggames. :(
There is no way anyone could embed an RPG Maker game into a website. You -must- download them.
Starscream
author=shadowcorporation link=topic=246.msg3171#msg3171 date=1189349179
it really sucks.
I wanted to post my games there, cuz i thought people could just play ur games instead of ownloadin em, like on addictinggames. :(

This post boggles the mind. As prexus stated, this is impossible. Even if you could... RPGs aren't really a pick up and go flash game. You must think poorly of your game if you just want someone to load it up for 5 minutes and quit.
author=rcholbert link=topic=246.msg3176#msg3176 date=1189358985
You must think poorly of your game if you just want someone to load it up for 5 minutes and quit.
This.

RPGs are made to make the person sit down and play it. There's a reason commercial RPGs range anywhere from 20-50 hours worth of gametime or more. And I also would like to press the point that prexus makes: you HAVE to download an RM* game to play it. There is no way in existence for someone to embed it into a website.

And a final note: NEVER count on a website in progress to be there. When it is there, then you can count on it existing, because it's there. Whether or not it will continue to exist is up to the person running it.
Right.

Which is why I only jumped into RPGmaker.net's community AFTER you guys had the big shiny website with lotsa buttons finished. Offering virtually no morale support prior to that.

Don't hit me!

In the RPG Maker community, I have seen A LOT of websites break, or just get started, and have big ol' progress meters about how much there's left to do to make the site. These meters do not budge for months and then presumably the entire staff gets bored and deserts.

Depressingly, that's like a lot of actual RPG Maker projects.
all right, now i get it. But still, wouldn't that be awesome?
Starscream
author=shadowcorporation link=topic=246.msg3186#msg3186 date=1189378169
all right, now i get it. But still, wouldn't that be awesome?

No.
Well.. unless it is a browser-based RPG like Kingdom of Loathing where you pretty much play in your own instance in single player mode progressing through the satirical storyline. Completely possible to "embed" RPGs into a website. Just not with the one made with RPGMakers that require you to download a program to play it. (If you do come to a site that asks you to download something to play embedded games on the website, it's probably a hoax, keylogger, ad-ware, virus, spy-ware, etc..)
Adventure Quest, anyone?
author=kentona link=topic=246.msg3216#msg3216 date=1189523238
Adventure Quest, anyone?

Shhh, kentona. Hehe. ;)
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
It would be possible to embed an RM game into a webpage, but it wouldn't be worth it at all. You'd have to do some kind of client-side scripting (most likely Java or Flash).

Either way, it's a ridiculous and stupid idea.
wanna know what i just found out? www.rpgmaker.org is coming in the winter!yay!
Didjya read my email wip?
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Yes I did.
Pages: 1