TALK ABOUT RM GAMES! MID-YEAR MISAO DISCUSSION TOPIC

Pages: first prev 12 last
I think it's fine since a big part of the community makes commercial games anyway. I've been pushing for an isolated category for it. Obviously it doesn't really contribute to this years Misaos but it's enough to have discussions about relevant games on the site that you are playing.
I havent played anything this year and with work I have been super busy and a bit out of the loop. Can anyone recommend me and 1 - 2 hour quirky releases from this year I can sink my teeth into and contribute by reviewing?
Sooz
Number Stations are where the real summer jams are.
El Arte and Abyssal of the Opera fit the bill IMO.

Unfinished Stories was pretty great, but really uneven- great art direction, unexciting battle, and OH GOD THE JUMPING MECHANIC WHYYYYYY. I think it may end up clocking on the longer side, as well, particularly if you have trouble with the mechanics.

ETA:
Also for anyone who wants to promote games, commercial or otherwise, I strongly recommend commenting, subscribing, and reviewing- all those make a game more likely to get seen! (ESPECIALLY reviewing!)
author=Sooz
El Arteand Abyssal of the Opera fit the bill IMO.

Unfinished Stories was pretty great, but really uneven- great art direction, unexciting battle, and OH GOD THE JUMPING MECHANIC WHYYYYYY. I think it may end up clocking on the longer side, as well, particularly if you have trouble with the mechanics.

Ill check these 2 out, they looked pretty interesting. Cheers!
Marrend
Guardian Angel of the Description Thread
author=visitorsfromdreams
Can anyone recommend me and 1 - 2 hour quirky releases from this year I can sink my teeth into and contribute by reviewing?

I dunno about "quirky", but, Baclyae Revolution might be about that length? Well, I can do it in less than two hours, but, I'm the dev. I imagine a player that doesn't know the game as well as I do probably needs to take a bit longer. Maybe three hours? Sorry, I have no basis of information on this point. ;_;

*Edit: Don't mind me. I'm just finding myself in this position to maybe want to promote my own stuff this year. I suppose I should have promoted A Half-n-Half Affair more last year.
author=Marrend
author=visitorsfromdreams
Can anyone recommend me and 1 - 2 hour quirky releases from this year I can sink my teeth into and contribute by reviewing?
I dunno about "quirky", but, Baclyae Revolution might be about that length? Well, I can do it in less than two hours, but, I'm the dev. I imagine a player that doesn't know the game as well as I do probably needs to take a bit longer. Maybe three hours? Sorry, I have no basis of information on this point. ;_;

Downloaded and added to my games to play this year spreadsheet. :)
I wanted to chime in here quickly. We seem to have a decent list of games this year.

Theia, Villnoire (really like the first boss battle in this one!) and Country of Snow surprised me.

There's more I wanna mention, but yeah, it's really cool that we got a good handful of games this year.
Man... This thread is reminding me that I have so many games to catch up on!

Thinking about starting a playthrough series with commentary after I finish my game.
Sooz
Number Stations are where the real summer jams are.
author=dethmetal
Man... This thread is reminding me that I have so many games to catch up on!

Thinking about starting a playthrough series with commentary after I finish my game.

I support such endeavors!
author=bulmabriefs144
Games That Are Awesome But Need To Finish:

I wasn't even named here and I already feel called out. XD

I'll get back to Mayhem Maiden and finish it eventually, I swear! Yes, I know it's been over 5 years since I started!
Year Progress:
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░ 65%

A reminder
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I have this list of 2019 releases. I think it lacks weird and unfortunate, which is my most promising demo candidate, but it still should include most major candidates.

https://rpgmaker.net/users/Cap_H/playlists/85941/
author=Frogge
A Figment of Discord

Another game that feels like it's being overlooked.
- "Eye Candy" Award
- Excellence in Narrative
- The kentona Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
- Best Non-English Game

Ah, A Figment of Discord. We can't write the whoole review here, even because it's out of theme, but if you are curious you can take a look.

We put the same link in the official rpgmaker.net page of the game.

http://luditarantulaarchives.altervista.org/a-figment-of-discord-rewiew/

For the english version, it will be fixed soon, but there shouldn't be very big errors. Enjoy! :)
author=TomorrowAvenger
author=Frogge
A Figment of Discord

- "Eye Candy" Award
- Best Non-English Game
Ah, A Figment of Discord. We can't write the whoole review here, even because it's out of theme, but if you are curious you can take a look.

For the english version, it will be fixed soon, but there shouldn't be very big errors. Enjoy! :)

Unrelated, but that was the most entertaining review I've read in a while. Good job!
author=CrawlingChaox
author=TomorrowAvenger
author=Frogge
A Figment of Discord

- "Eye Candy" Award
- Best Non-English Game

Unrelated, but that was the most entertaining review I've read in a while. Good job!

Many thanks, Crawling! :D
It's really satisfacting to see that it's appreciated. Really, this made us smile!

...This is unrelated too, sorry!
Pages: first prev 12 last