Pages: first prev 123 last
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
author=LordBlueRouge

HAHAHAHAHA!
This is amazing, BlueRouge! xD
Give the man a Misao for that video!

And yeah, vote!
I haven't seen R Kenshin since I was like 10 watching it on VHS, but I do remember Misao being awesome.

edit: Also Exile's Journey looks to be an interesting contender if it releases this year. I'd say 2019 is looking pretty good.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
author=Darken
I haven't seen R Kenshin since I was like 10 watching it on VHS, but I do remember Misao being awesome.

Agreed, Misao is indeed an awesome character. She deserved an award named after her.
(Just reposting here, what I posted under the blog)

Games to check out for 2019 so far:.

Theia: The Crimson Eclipse (Great looking Classic Chrono-ish JRPG with a Custom Battle System, possible GOTY)

Pilgrim's Road by SideWinder (Very cool FallOut-ish RPG, amazing graphics, rocking' soundTrack, made for Abrupt Ending Event on RMN)

Country of Snow (RM2003 Maniac Patch, very cool battle system, user Interface and environmental story telling here - great stuff!)

Shooty and the Catfish Episode 1 (If you like AdultSwim stuff, like AquaTeenHungryForce or Rick & Morty, checkout this game out!)

Grimm's Hollow by GhostHunter. (Excited to finally see games like this being made in rpgmaker2003 - Very excited for this one!)

...for more games to vote on, check out this thread and Cap_H's playlist.
2019 is turning out to be a really good year for rpgmaker!

------

(NEW) No Delivery - (a procedurally generated CRPG, pizzeria simulator for RMMV - Check out the really cool VHS tape trailer!)

...But yeah, I think for like traditional JRPGs made in rpgmaker, we got.

Theia: The Crimson Eclipse,
Villnoire (very cool first boss fight, where you need to revive a character to fight for you)
and Exile. (if it gets released this year)

Very, very cool.

EDIT: shit, fuck, also, Final Fantasy: Sky Warriors!
author=LordBlueRouge
...But yeah, I think for like traditional JRPGs made in rpgmaker, we got.

Theia: The Crimson Eclipse,
Villnoire (very cool first boss fight, where you need to revive a character to fight for you)
and Exile. (if it gets released this year)

Very, very cool.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think I might nominate sky warriors for the fangame award.

And thanks for the shout, blue
Just wanna chime in:

If anyone's having trouble filling out the Excellence in Narrative Misao peeps should check out.

Slimes

The gamepage and the pictures do not do this game justice. The Intro just grabs you with a really great hook.
If you guys know of any other contenders this year, that has some really strong writing, let me know - please share them.
Yeah, the demo for Slimes was damn good. I nominated it for several awards.

I cannot wait until it's actually done, it's good stuff. REALLY good stuff.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Totally forgot about best fangame. Maybe this game could secure a few nominations for that?

*nervous laughter*
Yeah, right.

VOTE ON THE RPGMAKER MISAO AWARDS!!

Dyluck made a really interesting point about the Misaos a few days ago on Discord. He mentioned people, unfamiliar, probably don't know what the misaos are, how to vote on them or what the categories are. So I decided to throw together a rough gif with just the information instructions on my profile page - maybe one day we can do a proper video or something explaining the steps:

How to Vote on the Misaos
1.Register/Login to https://rpgmaker.net
2.Go to the game you wish to vote on.
3.Click "Nominate"
4.Select the categories you wish for the game to win in.
5.Hit "Save".

Nominations Begin: NOW till Dec 31st
Voting Starts: On Jan 1st - 31st.

6.Don't Walk, RUN to the Misaos!
So I've now cast about 3/4 of my Misao nominations. Slowly getting there, but struggling to fill it all in now.

It looks like you can't actually vote for I Want to Bring Her Back to Life but I Don't Know Where to Start. That's a shame. It was completed right at the end of last year, so it was completely overlooked - you can however vote for Country of Snow (I assume a spiritual successor) by the same developer.

Right this great injustice and give Country of Snow a download.

Also, if you're having trouble with Best Game Profile Award like I was, check out this beauty: https://rpgmaker.net/games/10892/
I wound up nominating Turovero, The Celestial Tower for a bunch of stuff.

I played it for the review event because "oh hey, I like dungeon crawlers", and got one of the best narrative trips I've had all year instead.

Seriously, it's good stuff.

EDIT:
author=LordBlueRouge
VOTE ON THE RPGMAKER MISAO AWARDS!!

Ok, that's...that's... That's genuinely hilarious.

......Can I nominate that video for something? I feel like it deserves something.
Pages: first prev 123 last