[MAFIA] TREACHEROUS - GAME OVER

I'm good with either route. It's just a matter of how quickly you think you can get the needed amount of players together.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
So the game is pretty much over? That was quick :V

#lynch Pianotm

That's hammer and did town really win?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
#lynch Pianotm
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Moral victory
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
OzzyTheOne
That's hammer and did town really win?

Pyrrhic victory.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
They can't win if we kill ourselves - sun tzu

I have real thoughts but I'm at work rn.

Sorry piano. That didn't go exactly how I wanted but that's to be expected when we didn't know each other's roles and couldn't speak
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
No problem. Just spent day one feeling like I got slapped in the face with a trout.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
oof, so my assumption that Piano was scum was right from the start?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
IN all honesty Piano, my biggest red flag as to why you were probably scum was that you mentioned that Cave was mocking everything we said, something you said last game as well to lynch YM, but I didn't bring that up because I didn't want to metagame.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I am going to roll scum and use a day ability, that I will have.

in my head I included 'on my partner' in this post and I kept true to the promise I made in spirit

Also I was going to play a little suicidally this game no matter what b/c I'm going on a hike in a week and so, was going to have to phonepost/potentially be without internet for a while, and preferred not to do that, or delay the game further since it had been delayed enough, and this forum isn't known for its ability to gather replacements. if I had been any other role and scum I probably would have just claimed detective on day 2 in order to force a counterclaim.

so while the day 1 duel was totally just, 'comedy move' there were some legitimate ways it could have played out that would have not been disastrous. these include:

1. no lynch by running out the clock. piano claimed real early so this couldn't really happen.
2. piano is a role other than detective, and dies. that's fine.
3. piano is a role other than detective and I die. that's fine.
3. piano is detective, doesn't claim, and dies. that's fine. not really worried about arguing out of the implications potentially cast by this.
4. piano is detective, doesn't claim, and I die. that's fine.

but 1 dead scum and the claim being out there made the game mathematically impossible to proceed with. it's my fault for expecting anyone to know what i was thinking, but also, this serves as a pretty good highlight as to why unrestricted scumchat (and also...knowing the other scum's role...) is pretty important. IDK who said that restricted scumchat is the norm elsewhere, but I've not seen it anywhere except in this game and stuff like town of salem, epicmafia, etc. On those sites, it doesn't make sense to have it because having an entirely different window to type to scum in or w/e is both cumbersome and leads to tiresome meta arguments and also because those games have such short days that it doesn't matter. In games with much longer days, like these, everything is put under much further scrutiny.

also I have a feeling that this setup has other ways in which it can be solved like a logic puzzle instead of social deduction, not sure.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I don't think at this point even that the game was a lost cause though but ~SHRUG~
I do think the D1 duel-other-scum move could have worked. Piano being detective made it difficult though.

I'm not sure the game was a lost cause either, but it seems like Piano would have had to do basically everything exactly right and still get a little lucky to string everyone along for long enough, and I think it would have resulted in public conflict with det blue which would have been risky.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
yeh i've thrown in the towel in better situations before
piano had one night to kill blue or else sweet talk his way out of investigating himself, but otherwise yes he was screwed.

I kind of like restricted scumchat in that it parallels IRL mafia and sort of forces scum to improvise vs spend forever in scumchat planning out every step, even if it cuts into the depth of possible scumplays sort of. I guess what I really don't like is scum discord or w/e where scum have the ability to respond to each other in realtime and ping each other. Just a thread or whatever is fine.
Yeah pianos decision makes a lot of sense.

I was blue btw hello piano!! I was afraid I was making it too obvious. I was thinking about actually advocating for investigating other people than us in the chat. Maybe before or after investigating piano. It probably would not have been that hard to convince me we could wait on investigating piano so Idk!
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Yikes, what an unfortunate game for scum. They really got the worst of all possible outcomes on Day 1, as Cave pointed out. After that it was a fight against the inevitable for Piano.

Considering the impossible scenario you were in, I think you did a very good job, Piano. I loved cheeky-as-hell quick hamervote on the Ozzy Guard: seeing everybody's confused reaction made me laugh out loud.

But at some point the game is so lost that it's just frustrating for the loser to drag it out. I understand you would not want to play like this anymore Piano.

I think the next set-up should be something different, to keep the game fresh and novel (also I'd like to play in it myself!). Cult mafia sounds really good!

Rather, I'm going to make a version 2.0 (Electic Boogaloo) of this set-up, where I'm keeping the best roles like Detectives and Assassin, and then replacing/reworking the others. Luckily this game mode is pretty replayable, so I think that will be the next game I moderate.

End of game post coming up after this.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
End of Day 2

pianotm was lynched
pianotm was a Mafia Duelist

Town wins the game on Day 2

Surviving players:

Jeroen_Sol: was the Town Bodysnatcher
Cap_H: was the Town Monk
Gourd_Clae: was the Town Detective Blue
demonlord5000: was the Town Assassin
psy_wombats: was the Town Bureaucrat
AlaskanEmily: was the Town Slow Bodyguard
OzzyTheOne: was the Town Paparazzi

Dead Chat: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/iwNKs9YydF4

Scum Chat: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/xQ2bmKpGyAu

Detective Chat: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/UzzrFLqVufL7U
How guac, Psy managed to play TWICE AT ONCE! :O
"demonlord always does stuff on day 1 that strikes me as scummy, but he never is"

Just wanted to quote piano on that just because of how accurate it is. I think I'm just genuinely bad at day 1, or perhaps I'm just too eager to put pressure on people...no idea. Luckily I have a fairly high survival rate, and I feel like I play a bit better day 2 and onwards.

Nicely played as blue gourd. Looking at the chats, piano suspected you the least. I think PA's plan was probably the one way out, but even then it looks like piano would of missed blue on the kill attempt.
PlatinumAshes
author=AlaskanEmily
How guac, Psy managed to play TWICE AT ONCE! :O

What! That's against the rules isn't it?!