[MAFIA] TREACHEROUS - GAME OVER

PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Treacherous
This game is a fully-open role-madness setup where roles and alignment are independent. All roles could potentially belong to scum. It will be played with 9 players.

Standard Roles and Rules: (stolen from Jeroen)
Before the game begins, each player is sent a PM assigning him or her a role. The contents of the PM cannot be shared with other players. All roles are assigned randomly. There are three basic types of roles that you can get: Town, Mafia and Independent.

Town
If you are part of the Town, then your objective as a group is to stay alive and try to find out who the Mafia are. Since you cannot communicate with other players outside of this thread, you must work together and weed out who is lying and who is not. Townies who die still win when the rest of the town wins.

Mafia
The Mafia (aka Scum) on the other hand, have a significant advantage over the Town. They can communicate with other scum members outside the thread during night phase. During the night, they can come together, discuss, and kill a townie. If all goes according to their plan (which it might not), then that townie will be dead -thus cannot post or vote- for the rest of the game.

If all Mafia are killed, then The Town Wins!
If enough Town-aligned people are killed that the amount of Mafia is greater than or equal to the amount of Town-aligned people, The Mafia Wins!
If an Independent successfully survives and satisfies their win condition, they Win!

Game Structure:
The game starts out in something called a day phase. In this phase, all players who are not dead may participate in discussion as well as vote for who gets lynched (note that you can also vote for no one getting lynched). The day phase will continue until a set deadline has passed or when deciding vote is reached.
Once the day phase is finished, the night phase begins. No one may talk in the thread during this phase, meaning that only players with night actions play a significant role. Night actions are abilities possessed by special roles that can be used to alter the game during the night phase. All night actions, including the scum's kill, will be sent to me via PM(unless otherwise stated). Once the night phase deadline is reached or when all actions are sent in, I will PM everyone involved with their results and then a new day phase will begin. If anyone dies, then that person will be revealed.

Rinse and repeat until the game is over...

The Rules:
1. VOTING: Voting should look like this:
#Lynch Jeroen_Sol or #NoLynch
And if you wish to change your vote, first cancel your first vote like this:
#Cancel
It needs to be bold and with a # in front of it, to make it easier for me to make vote counts.

2. PARTICIPATE: It's not very fun when half of the players are always missing in action and only have a few posts. Try to post a few times during each day phase and contribute to the discussion in some way. This is also very important for the town's survival. If you don't participate, you are at high risk of being modkilled or replaced.

3. DON'T CHEAT: Although it'd be difficult for me to find out, just don't do it anyway. You'd be ruining the fun of the game. And if I DO find out...

4. IF YOU ARE DEAD, STAY DEAD: This game does not involve zombies. If you die, then don't post anymore. This of course doesn't apply if your role specifically allows you to speak while dead.

5. EDIT RULE: NEVER EVER EDIT POSTS. If you think your post has awful grammar, just make a new one to correct it.

6. DO NOT QUOTE PMs: Never quote from a PM I send you. Creating false PMs is also forbidden. You may paraphrase information from PMs, but never literally quote them.

7. ANTI-STALLING RULES:
- 1: If nobody dies two day and night phases in a row due to any faction withholding kills, the game ends in favour of whichever faction(s) did not withhold their kill in those two day and night phases, or was the last to do so if all factions did.
- 2: If a nolynch happens at MYLO ("Mislynch-and-Lose"; non-scum = scum + 2), scum must attempt to kill the following night phase.

Game specific rules:

Setup
This game has a list of 9 Roles which are all in the game exactly once.

There will 7 Town aligned players and 2 Mafia aligned players.

Every player is assigned a Role at random. They could get any Role regardless of if they are Town or Mafia. This means that any imaginable set-up is possible and equally likely. (Many Roles are designed to give some utility regardless of the alignment of the person playing them.)

Night-phase
There will be a night-phase for players to use their Role abilities and for Mafia to choose their target.

The Mafia chat is active only at night. As always, they get to decide together who to kill in the chat. One random Mafia player is elected the "tie-breaker" at the start of the game: their opinion is final in the case of a disagreement.

Day Abilities
Some Roles have day abilities. These are used in bold with a hashtag in the thread. For example: "#Challenge Jeroen_van_Sol" or
"#Reveal Duelist".

Once used, the abilities can not be reverted. The ability will be considered used even if you made a typo or if you forgot to bold your comment. It is against the rules to use a day ability that your Role doesn't have.

Role list:

Duelist
Day ability: Challenge
Uses: 1

#Challenge another player to duel!
- All votes are cancelled.
- You two are the only possible lynch targets and the time limit is extended considerably.

Assassin
Night ability: Mark

Mark a player.
- The coming day, everyone will have the option to #guard them.
- Kill them at the end of the day, unless at least 50% of living players do.

Notes:
- Using the ability does not reveal your identity.
- This ability is cancelled if you die the night you use it.

Slow Bodyguard
Night ability: Guard (Slowly)
Uses: Unlimited

Select a player to guard the night after this one.
If they would be night-killed on the night after this one, you’ll die instead.

Notes:
- The ability has no effect if you die before the next night.

Bureaucrat
Night ability: Rule Out

Select a player other than yourself to rule out.
- Tomorrow, that player can not be voted for.
- They also can’t be challenged to a duel and can’t challenge anyone else to a duel.

Detective Blue &
Detective Grey

You and the other detective share a private anonymous chat at night. You don’t know one another’s real names.

Night ability: Investigate

Every night in the chat, you may vote on who to #investigate. It takes two votes to hammer. The target's alignment is revealed to both of you at the end of the night.

If the other detective dies, you can no longer investigate.

Notes:
- It is not allowed to cite the Detective chat. You can paraphrase what was said, but directly copying is against the rules.

Monk
Passive ability: Meditate

If a day goes by without anyone casting a vote for you and without you casting a vote, then that night you are immune to the night-kill and appear as “town” to the Detectives.

Notes:
- A vote stops your mediation, even if it was cancelled.
- You are notified if you survive an attack this way.

Paparazzi
Day Ability: Reveal

#Reveal any Role from the list. The name of the player with that Role is revealed publicly.

Notes:
- The two detectives have different role names. You need to specify which one to reveal.

Bodysnatcher
Night ability: Inhabit

Steal the body of whoever dies tonight.
- You set up a private chat with them for the rest of the game.
- Their Role and alignment are not revealed, except to you.
- The Paparazzi can no longer reveal "Bodysnatcher". However, your name will show up when the Paparazzi reveals their Role.

Notes:
- The target player can not proceed to the dead chat while they are in the chat with you. They can't post in the thread or any other chats anymore either.
- If no one dies tonight, the ability fails. You can use it again later.
- You can't use ANY ability of your target.
- if you inhabit a detective, you also can't access the detective chat. Because of this, other detective (if alive) will find out the next night.

Sign-ups:

1 - pianotm
2 - Jeroen_Sol
3 - InfectionFiles cap_H
4 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK : Mafia aligned Duelist, died on Day 1
5 - Gourd_Clae
6 - demonlord5000
7 - psy_wombats
8 - AlaskanEmily
9 - OzzyTheOne
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Get out your hammers and prepare to lynch a townie early Day 1!

Sing-ups will take at least until Thursday, 20 June.
That sounds like a fun setup, gl y'all!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I shall join your fine game!
PlatinumAshes
author=pianotm
I shall join your fine game!

The final boss of mafia returns...
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
The later this starts, the more in I am. Put me down as a yes, but I have things I need to prioritize right now, so won't be as active as I normally am. (i.e. all day. I can still be active enough, probably.)
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Uhhhhhhh, sorry fellas I can't join this one.

GOTCHA!

Sign me up :D
PlatinumAshes
author=InfectionFiles

GOTCHA!

Welcome back, my dude.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=PlatinumAshes
Jeroen_van_Sol

I'm not saying I hate you, but I'm definitely not saying I don't.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I am going to roll scum and use a day ability, that I will have.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=PlatinumAshes
author=InfectionFiles

GOTCHA!

Welcome back, my dude.
Thank you, sir!
Ain't joining 'cause I hate RMN Mafia but have fun guys!
Hello, I will play! I will become the role that auto wins the game for me and no one else.

It's a secret role revealed to only the finest mafia players.
Alright, I'm in.

Since gourd will be getting the autowin role, then I shall go for that merlin roleclaim! Wait...
PlatinumAshes
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I am going to roll scum and use a day ability, that I will have.

Hahaha that would be perfect.

I'm not gonna like, I would like to see some Day 1 duels.
Jeroen_Sol
author=PlatinumAshes
PaparazziDay Ability: Reveal

#Reveal any Role from the list. The name of the player with that Role is revealed publicly.

It's as close to a day cop as we're ever gonna get. I really hope Cave gets the role now.
I'm in! I haven't done forum mafia game in a while :D
PlatinumAshes
author=AlaskanEmily
I'm in! I haven't done forum mafia game in a while :D

Welcome! Don't think I've seen you in a game before.
PlatinumAshes
I've put OzzyTheOne on the list too, since he said he wanted to play.

That means the game is full for now. If there are four more people who want to play this game, I'm going to increase the game size (and think of four more roles).

If anyone is interested in being on stand-by for replacement, that would also be much appreciated!