[MAFIA] TREACHEROUS - GAME OVER

So, this post kinda makes me think that Ozzy might be town. Anyone have an explanation that makes sense?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Gourd_Clae
author=Cap_H
author=OzzyTheOne
However, this could simply just have been an oversight on your part, I don't think it's an indication of you being scum just yet, as it stands, you're clear from my radar. Also! Reminder to you all that apparently Scum couldn't talk to each other before night 1 if I understand correctly? So if both Cave and Piano were scum which is the most unlikely scenario, there is no way to know if either one bussed the other because they didn't know each other was scum. But I think this is the least likley scenario and Piano is most likley town.
If this was the case, it makes the game a lot spicier.
I'm still kinda weirded out by this ozzy post tho. Why would he say scum didn't know each other? That seems like a weird mistake ot make as scum. Maybe he knows more than us and this is how the game is setup but it's... a weird setup

The reason I say this is because in my previous games as scum, I've only found out who scum is via scum chat. So figured it was the same here.
@Gourd: I was effectively quickhammered by 3 people posting also to guard ozzy in like 10 minutes. I never expected anyone to legitimately protect him (what the hell?) I don't think his "scum might not have known each other" post means anything.

@demon, @ozzy: piano is not necessarily guarded if the bodyguard is scum.

@monk: don't reveal yourself if you didn't get bopped in the night. If something did try to kill you, I really bet it was piano though and that might be worth a claim.

I don't think piano + crew should 100% investigate ozzy though. Shouldn't give certainty on who will be investigated, but ozzy is good as any in my book. Investigating piano would be nice but then if Blue dies during the night then the result is worthless. Also I don't think the detectives investigation gets cancelled if one of them dies in the night, right? So we should have 1 more result minimum every day both are alive.

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I didn't consider the idea of slow bodyguard being scum, that does make our expectations of Piano surviving due to that role be a little shaky, doesn't it?
In the scenario of det blue getting hit, we still have a possible bodysnatcher who can give us the info. In that sense I don't think investigating piano is a bad idea.
author=psy_wombats
I don't think his "scum might not have known each other" post means anything.

Why? If he's scum it feels like a weird thing to say. I guess he could be purposefully pretending to not know how scum team worked, but why would he think anyone would buy that? Obviously, most people will assume scum team knew each other.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Man, I hate that the best vote so far for town is indeed me because I know I'm town and I can't seem to find who's scum. I mean, psy did irk me earlier on in the game but those worries have since dissipated. I'm not sure on Demonlord, his targeting me could very well be town trying to get scum or scum posing as helping town, but as others have already mentioned, him claiming to be the assassin and basically "owning" his targetting of me would've been a very bold move of scum if not even a risky one, which might point that he is indeed town.

Cap I haven't seen enough posts to get a read on, he seems to try and figure out the game that's all I can say. Gourd I'm somewhat neutral on, he could very well be scum or town, but I'm leaning slightly towards town for him. Jero is pretty much confirmed town, so there's no reason for me to put any read on him.

@Emily, what do you think of the entire shabang? You've been very absent so far from day 2 and I'd rather you say something before a lynch gets passed down as your silence worries me.

I had hoped for a situation to come up on day 2 where I could've put good use to my Papparazzi role, but that situation sadly never came because it relied on Piano getting nightkilled, which luckily for town he didn't.
PSA: the the bodysnatcher can't continue the investigations. I PM'd Platinum about this pretty early D1, but I suggested it anyway in the hopes that scum would target someone other than piano last night, to throw off the snatcher or something.

My case against cap, was going to vote him but thought better of it:

First, cap's one of the few people I would expect to actually care about mylo/lylo and know why ozzy should've been killed. His defense of Ozzy https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24632/?post=885797#post885797 comes after my stupid jokeguard and right after Ozzy's actual guard. It's also just wrong -- Ozzy /did/ vote against cave in the end. So I'd guess he saw an opportunity to save a patsy.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24632/?post=885798#post885798 - if cap's played offsite a lot he should also know that not having daychat is the mafia default and what ozzy is talking about is absurd.

I could also kill ozzy today because on the face of it he's still the scummiest player and his recent posts don't help all that much. He should probably be investigated otherwise.

But really I think we should consider trying for no-kill for at least today and playing follow-the-cop. If the slow bodyguard is town, then piano is covered. If the slow bodyguard is scum and piano is actually uncovered, then Ozzy can out + kill the slow bodyguard (or we massclaim). And at minimum, we're put back to an odd number of players so we'll end with lylo vs mylo.
So it kind of sucks coming back from work and seeing over 70 posts, because it makes it hard to say something new and original just yet :P

I definitely agree Psy's behavior is...suspect. I find demonlord and psy most suspicious right now.

author=Gourd_Clae
Why do you think it's more likely that scum hit the monk than withheld their kill? I think they might have withheld kill to keep the candidates for lynching open. This would make even more sense if scum had the assassin on their team and were hoping for 2 people to die today.

author=Gourd_Clae
Additionally, I kept feeling like after that reveal that cave was scum, that scumteam might withhold the kill to push suspicion on piano but no suspicion is on him at all despite that people being very suspicious of the idea of piano living another day. Maybe he lived another day because he is scum?

Both myself and Piano suggested yesterday we actually lynch Piano today. I guess maybe scum did go after someone else (who turned out out to be the Monk), and scum was hoping we would lynch Piano today so that they wouldn't need to?
Scum or not, Piano is in a rough position now. We know he can't really lie about detective work. Pretty much anyone being nightkilled other than him is seriously suspicious, so I question the wisdom in trying to lynching him right now.
@gourd @emily: would you have guarded Ozzy?

re: piano, I reread the early interaction with cave and I'm actually pretty damn suspicious of him. If he knew that cavedog was his scum partner then getting dueled out of nowhere must've been really something. It'd explain piano advocating for no-lynch (https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24632/?post=885456#post885456) if he thought killing cave wasn't a good outcome. Rereading cave's quote here:
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
And depending on how you flip (you are going to die. not me. You.) we can determine some things from your interactions with CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS. I would like everyone to post more... On This....

could possibly him trying to clue piano on the plan. But the rightfully-pissed piano rebels against cave's harebrained scheme and gets cave killed instead. And that would be extremely funny to me so I'm going to choose to believe it.

I'm liking no-lynch today a lot more, and probably forcing piano to investigate himself. If we do kill someone today, I want it to be demonlord or Ozzy, as they're confirmed to neither be the bodyguard nor Blue. Forcing a claim out of either of those two jobs would be very harmful if piano is in fact scum.
And I agree actively daykilling piano is dumb when he can clear himself if we just leave things alone.
I would not have guarded Ozzy. We are in an incredibly good position right now, getting two lynches would have been amazing, and Ozzy has done some things that don't make me feel great about him (notably sticking with lynching Piano). Other people know him far better, but what they've said doesn't seem to clear to him.

I absolutely do not think we should no-lynch.

I also don't think it's vitally important that the detectives detect Piano first thing.
author=AlaskanEmily
Other people know him far better, but what they've said doesn't seem to clear to him.

Fixed: Other people know him far better, but what they've said doesn't seem to clear him.
author=psy_wombats
If we do kill someone today, I want it to be demonlord or Ozzy, as they're confirmed to neither be the bodyguard nor Blue.

What is the logic for this?
Assuming piano, Blue, and the bodyguard are all town, then we're in a good position to sit back and let them investigate. But if we wind up building a train on like Cap for instance, and Cap is actually the blue detective and forced to claim, then the remaining scum can just kill Cap and get around the bodyguard. I guess outing the bodyguard themself isn't that huge an issue.

Demon and Ozzy both (pointlessly) claimed their non-Blue role already so voting them doesn't run that risk.
Oh, I'm an idiot, I missed where demon claimed.
Nah psy. I was just saying earlier I wish he hadnt been guarded
Lets lynch ozzy if you're worried about killing Blue. This should have all the pros of a no lynch without the suspicioys person running around.

I'm a little paranoid piano *is* scum but I think leaving it up to Blue to find out works out just fine.
I see what you're saying and generally agree I just don't know why no lynch is better than killing someone confirmed not blue.