[MAFIA] TREACHEROUS - GAME OVER

oh dammit now everyone knows that AE is my sockpuppet

Anyway my only regret this game it was won by /saving/ Ozzy rather than killing him.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Gourd_Clae
Yeah pianos decision makes a lot of sense.

I was blue btw hello piano!! I was afraid I was making it too obvious. I was thinking about actually advocating for investigating other people than us in the chat. Maybe before or after investigating piano. It probably would not have been that hard to convince me we could wait on investigating piano so Idk!

The way you were talking, I thought you were Jeroen or psy.
pianotm
When I realized neither of them were, I the ONLY one I could think of was possibly AlaskanEmily or Cap_H. I never would have hit you as Blue.
pianotm
Psy, you're like me. You barely have time for your own account let alone a sock-puppet.
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Last game he had me as Mordred too. How does he get away with it?

Gourd_Clae is the least conspicuous player on RMN by far.

Goud_Clae is so inconspicuous, he could be stealing my wallet while strangling me from behind and calling me rude names, and I still wouldn't suspect him. It would be a null-tell coming from Gourd.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
There's a reason I always say "Gourd is unreadable to me as always."
PlatinumAshes
I am now certain that you are not scum and are just town trying to play scum as hard as possible.
Det. Blue also seemed more like Emily to me than Gourd. I think that's because Gourd never used emotes or exclamations in the chat. It sounded more neutral, like Emilies typing style.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
"Since Ozzy and Demon claimed and are not Blue. Jeroen probably isn't either since he wouldn't vote investigate himself."

Volunteering myself while not confirming my identity actually sounds like something I would do as detective with a potentially scum partner.
That's funny to me, I've been accused by multiple people of ending sentences with ":P" way too much :P
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
if there is no mafia game when i return from the mountains

i have a setup for people who love game theory
author=PlatinumAshes
Det. Blue also seemed more like Emily to me than Gourd. I think that's because Gourd never used emotes or exclamations in the chat. It sounded more neutral, like Emilies typing style.
author=pianotm
When I realized neither of them were, I the ONLY one I could think of was possibly AlaskanEmily or Cap_H. I never would have hit you as Blue.
You guys couldn't tell?? That's so awesome! My attempt at masking my identity was laying off the exclamation marks, keeping sentences short and spacing "paragraphs" out a lot. I like to space my paragraphs out, but not as much as I was doing in chat. And, obviously no emotes! XD

That'd give it away pretty fast!

I thought I was doing a bad job because I kept accidentally sharing opinions in the thread that I shared in the detective chat and I was a Lil stressed about it. Plus, people were building this case that Blue was evil and I was like "This is not good!!" so I tried to ask piano questions about the detective chat that'd make me look better like "Did your partner have any feelings about investigating you?"

It's rough the game ended the way it did, but I can't blame you, piano.

My performance as mordred last game was questionable but I am glad that it was good enough to get me some recognition XD
PlatinumAshes
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
if there is no mafia game when i return from the mountains

i have a setup for people who love game theory

That sound great

But hey, that's just a theory
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Nice! GG everyone.
Balance-wise, I would like to point out that Cops being just neighbors, who know each other's identity could be better. Having a cop in a 9er is always risky and difficult for scum. Other option would be countering some kind of cop (I like parity cop in smaller games) with a blocking role.
Other than that I would like to see this setup again as some of the roles were really interesting.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
in retrospect the game was correctly named
PlatinumAshes
author=Cap_H
Nice! GG everyone.
Balance-wise, I would like to point out that Cops being just neighbors, who know each other's identity could be better. Having a cop in a 9er is always risky and difficult for scum. Other option would be countering some kind of cop (I like parity cop in smaller games) with a blocking role.
Other than that I would like to see this setup again as some of the roles were really interesting.

Definitely noted. While I liked the gameplay from the Detectives a lot, I'll be looking at ways to nerf their power for next time.

Yeah, roleblockers are a good idea. Another idea I had was to only reveal the investigation results to only one of the Detectives, alternating.
Jeroen_Sol
Alternatively, 3 detectives that all need to agree on a single target.

I do feel like scum should have been given a N0 to discuss strategies, or at the very least have been told each other's (each-other's) roles. I can understand limiting chat during daytime to prevent coordinated lynches, but they should be able to strategize otherwise they lose their main advantage.
PlatinumAshes
I hope next game will be another big one. Like 14-17 players, that would be awesome.
Jeroen_Sol
If it is, then it's not going to be the cult game, since I'll need more time for sign-ups and the actual game than these 3 weeks I have. But maybe when I get back.

Or maybe Ky would want to co-host. She did help me brainstorm after all.

Edit: Ky can't. If anyone doesn't want to play the next game and is free to take over being the main host from me July 29th through August 19th while I sporadically give help via PM, please let me know! Otherwise I'll just have to start in September.
PlatinumAshes
Oops, accidental post.

Anyway, now that I see Jeroen's edit. July 29 is pretty soon, so maybe we could have Cave host the next one?

I'm not sure when he'll be back from his hike though.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
A September start is ideal for me.