[RMVX ACE] SIXTH'S BATTLE QTE - FROZEN WITHOUT RESTART?

Pages: 1
I've got a pretty complex problem, but I'm hoping someone has some experience with this and could steer me the right way...

I am using Sixth's Battle QTE, which also requires the following scripts:
Loadso
FyxInput
Bitmap Extension

I have to be honest, I don't know what these things do. But I put them in the script editor in order and everything works. The problem is that the QTE in-game will sometimes not register key presses. But if you save, close, open, and load - it will work again. Has anyone dealt with this battle qte system before? Is there an order to these scripts or edits I need?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

When you plugged in the scripts, did you continue a game or start a new game?

Sometimes scripts refuse to work unless you start a new game.
It was a new game. And this has been after a year or so having these scripts in my game, so I didn't think it was that kind of thing. Or something like forgetting to save before doing a test.

I ended up narrowing the issue down to a particular cutscene. Before the scene it worked. After the scene it didn't. The scene wasn't particularly complex - just some dialog, a variable reference, and a switch or two. But I ended up deleting the entire sequence: remade the map, deleted the events, remade the dialog, etc. And now it works!

I think it may have something to do with variable use. Or switch 33 or 32. Like the script uses those switches and the instructions don't mention it? I'm now leaving variable 5, switch 33, and switch 32 blank and it seems to work.

I have no idea why. It would be great to know! But in the meantime, at least I got it to work.

EDIT: Well, nevermind all that stuff above. Yes, I seemed to have fixed one issue. But it gets frozen up a few scenes later. In fact, it seems that if any cutscene has any transfer event it will freeze up until I save, shut down the window, reopen, and load the save. Then it works again.

It's annoying, but I guess I'll just have to tell players to save and reset if they have this problem. I have no idea how to fix it. But I like this mechanic too much to drop it.
SunflowerGames

Some scripts use variables and control switches. They usually tell you what they are at the start and they usually can be changed.

Can I see the script and the event you are using?

Edit: I checked the script, it def uses control switches and variables.

Be careful with Control Switch 10. (You can change this.)
Variables 10, 11, and 12. (You can change this.)
Don't use an ABS system.

There's a lot of stuff in this script you need to pay close attention to besides the stuff I just mentioned. This is not an easy plug in and play script. It will require some work to get working.

I'm glad you found it. Yeah, I found those switches and variables - and I think I cleaned that up. It works pretty well about 90% of the time.

I am looking into cache clearing scripts right now. I think there may be some memory issue when it calls the icon from the iconset. You might've noticed, it loads icons to show the direction of the QTE button press. And I'm using the big-ass iconset that has made the rounds for years. (I know I know, tsk tsk, it has rips in it.) And I think, as it is loaded and loaded and loaded, it's eating my memory.

That's the only reason I can think that something might not work. But if you close it, reopen it, and start at the same place it will work. A script issue would give me a crash and a report - this is something different.
SunflowerGames

I have noticed that if you use an icon set too big it will cause problems with your database loading while in the engine too.
Pages: 1