RPG MAKER MV: MUSIC PAUSE

Pages: 1
So, the one thing I've been noticing with RPG Maker MV vs RPG Maker VX Ace (the two systems I've used most recently) is that with MV... when you enter a new map, the music takes a few seconds to start up. There's an awkward silence.

I've tested the exact same music in VX Ace and it starts up right away.

I searched online and found one particular post that recommended I put a PreLoad Manager plugin in my game. However; I want to make sure I get the best recommendation. Has anyone tested any plugins or have the best approach to fixing this? Figured I'd ask since I couldn't find anything recent online.

Thanks in advance for any help :-)
Does this only happen with encrypted audio?
If it's an option for you, you can not encrypt the audio in the game, then it only has to load the file, instead of load and send to the decryption service.

If not, then preloading the bgm for the next map could be done at the start of a transition event.

Note, AudioManager doesn't even appear to use a cache by default.
Sorry for the late reply. Busy with work.

None of my music is encrypted. At least... I don't think it is...

And when you say preload the bgm for the next map at the start of a transition? Are you just saying in the Event Page and time it perfect so that when it transfers you to the new map, it plays at the start? I could try that... but wouldn't that interfere with the music on the previous map?
By preload, I meant using a script so that when it starts the fade out screen when changing map, it starts loading the music for the next map so it's already in memory by the time the fade-in happens. You won't be able to do it with only event commands AFAIK.
Pages: 1