[RMMV] CAPTURE ENEMY AFTER BATTLE ENDS

Pages: 1
So I've seen a few articles on different pokemon-style capture methods where the enemy can be captured mid-battle, but for my purposes I'm looking for a script or workaround that adds an enemy to your party after the battle ends if they are in X state when the battle ends.

For example, I can use skill "Charm" that adds state "fascinated" to enemy, and if when the battle ends, and enemy that still has that state "fascinated" joins the party (but not if they're dead). The intent being that they can still snap out of "fascinated" mid battle by themselves or via teammates, and if they do they aren't added to the party.

Also, if you know a way to end the battle when all enemies are "fascinated" or dead and still give XP to party members for kills that would be appreciated.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You could make a list of characters that would represent each enemy you could capture.

Then in the Troops tab you could add some conditions, if enemy ha state, whatever other actioned required then add character to party (and some other command to make the enemy disappear from thee battle screen.)

The enemy isn't tech joining your party, but to the player it would appear that way.

author=kory_toombs
You could make a list of characters that would represent each enemy you could capture.

Then in the Troops tab you could add some conditions, if enemy ha state, whatever other actioned required then add character to party (and some other command to make the enemy disappear from thee battle screen.)

The enemy isn't tech joining your party, but to the player it would appear that way.

I get what you're saying and I think I have that part down (created a list of actors to represent each enemy), but I need a way for the actors to join the party if they have state X when battle ends. I don't want them to automatically join my party when they have state X like they would in Pokémon.
Welp, I found a temporary solution to both which isn't actually too bad, though its a little convoluted. Here's what I did:

I created an actor to represent each enemy.
I made a consumable common event item for each Actor which adds that actor to your party.

I made a conditional branch where if enemy, A, B, and C are either state F (fascination) or K (Knockout), the battle ends. If order matters, there are 8 possible combinations of all three actors having either state F or K:

FFF
FFK
FKF
FKK
KFF
KFK
KKF
KKK

So, I made a branch like this:

IF Enemy A has state F
IF Enemy B has state F
IF Enemy C has state F
Abort Battle
Else Enemy B has state K
If Enemy C has state F
Abort Battle
Else Enemy A has state K
IF Enemy B has state F
IF Enemy C has state F
Abort Battle
... etc. (It's not exactly correct/ complete but it would be a lot to type out the whole thing )

So basically, if the combination is FFF, FFK, FKF, or any of the 8 total combinations at the end of a turn, then the battle will abort. Otherwise it will continue and check again at the end of next turn.

Now, in order to add the captured enemies to my team, I added the following before each "abort battle":

IF Enemy A has state F
Add +1 Item "Actor A" to inventory
IF Enemy B has state F
Add +1 Item "Actor B" to inventory
IF Enemy C has state F
Add +1 Item "Actor C" to inventory

That way, right before the battle aborts, I will get a common event item for each actor that is under state F, which I can later use to add the actor to my party (sort of like a pokeball).

I suppose you could make it so the actors are added directly to the party at the end of battle instead of as items, but for my purposes the items works better as you can choose to sell the item if you want.

Also, I have a system where you can return any party member to item form via events:

Go to return crystal ( or wherever else you wish to call up this common event), then

text: Return party member to item form?
Show Choices: Yes / No
Yes -> Show Choices
\P(1) ((Name of party member 1))
Control Variables 003 "Return ID" = Actor ID of Party Member 1
Common event "Return"
\P(2)
Control Variables 003 "Return ID" = Actor ID of Party Member 2
Common event "Return"

...etc, where common event "Return" is as follows:

IF variable 003 "Return Actor ID" = 1
Remove party member (Actor ID 1)
Add item "Actor 01"
IF variable 003 "Return Actor ID" = 2
Remove party member (Actor ID 2)
Add item "Actor 02"

...etc, for as many enemies as you want capturable.

Hope this can help some people with their own systems, and if anybody knows of a more streamlined system I would appreciate it, because it'll be a little bit of a pain if I have troops with 4+ enemies in tem, and having to do this system for each individual troop.

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

The problem with my solution is that the battle won't end if those enemies are still on the screen. I don't see a way to do what you want without a script in this case.
Pages: 1