I HAVE ZERO CLUE ON WHAT TO DO ON DEMENTIA PRAECOX

Pages: 1
So, I started thinking on starting to make videos reviews (still nothing as of yet) about obscure/old RPG maker games. I decided to use the MasterList of Old RPG Maker games (https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/22883/), since I thought it would me interesting. So on the MasterList there was game whose title caught my attention (there were other games outside of the one I am talking about) so there Dementia Praecox that caught (like I said before) my attention (because of my interest of mental illness and mentally ill people) so I downloaded the game from the link in the MasterList and I started the game (after unzipping the file), but when I started I just could move around the camera, and I have zero clue on what to do, I move the camera over the map for like five minutes and I have no idea on what to do. Help is appreaciated, thanks. Also sorry for me mking you lose our precious time with this
The first thing to remember is that these are very old games (in some cases) and that doesn't mean they necessarily work, just that someone archived them. That said, have you tried interacting with stuff on the map by pressing the confirm button when you hover over it? Or tried pressing the cancel button? It might be that the developer had it start off in the wrong spot altogether, too.

Okay, so I just checked it out and from the looks of it, the developer put the starting spot in the wrong place and forgot to change it. Looks like unless you can edit it yourself in an RM2k3 editor, you'll just have to move to another game instead.

Actually, here, fixed it for ya: https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/1013/locker/Dementia_Praecox.rar
I just put the hero on the right map. Enjoy!
Thank you very much, I am sorry for the trouble that this may have cause you.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=SomeoneToForgetAbout
author=Marrend
*whoops!*
Wait what?

This was a case of a post that was in the wrong place. When I realized it, well...

author=Liberty
Actually, here, fixed it for ya: https://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/1013/locker/Dementia_Praecox.rar
I just put the hero on the right map. Enjoy!

Thanks Liberty!♥

I had no idea this was an issue, so I'm glad this was promptly fixed. Would anyone know who Dementia Praecox is made by? I'd like to replace the original download with this fixed version. Apparently it won a misao for Game with the most Pointless Lighting Effects in 2005 - But the game doesn't seem to have the creator's name anywhere or it's very hard to find.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it, it's Mr.Ouija

But yeah, Thanks again for helping out SomeoneToForgetAbout guys. In the future, if someone has a question about a game they've downloaded from the archive thread, could you please direct them to the archive thread? It's just easier for me to keep track of.

I'm here to help.
Just a quick update. Awhile ago, I took a quick look at Liberty's download and the original DP download and noticed they were both wrong:

the original download, starts you off on a random map with no hero character.
Liberty's download starts at the intro cutscene, but because certain switches aren't turned on, you get stuck again, once you reach the mansion

So I went into the game, moved the hero start location to the beta testing screen which shows the proper intro and allows you to get past the part you're stuck at.

I added this new download to the main list underneath the original as (FIXED):

Demenia Praecox (MrOuija)
I remember that I used to always get Dementia Praecox and the game "Abstract Paroxysm" confused.

It's cool that even obscure RM games from the early to mid 2000s are still getting played. I bet the developers were not imaging that new players would still be checking them out in 2019.
Pages: 1