HAS THE COMMUNITY DECIDED ON CODE STYLE GUIDELINES?

Pages: 1
If so, where can I find them? I mean things like variable-naming, class-naming, funcs to avoid, etc.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I don't think there's any guidelines whatsoever for this community in regards to naming variables, classes, or what-not? Though, there might be naming conventions in the game-maker itself. For example, RPG Maker class names have a tendency to be named stuff like "Window_Status" or "Game_Actors", or what-have you, to help specify where/how in the game they are used.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
The community can't even decide on whether it's OK to have more than three of the same tiles in a row
Here are the naming conventions I use:

- All upper case separated by underscore: #define (example: SCREEN_WIDTH)
- "b" followed by camel case: block scope variable (example: bDistanceSquare)
- "e" followed by camel case: enumerator element (example: eTile)
- "g" followed by camel case: global variable (example: gNumberOfProjectiles)
- "p" followed by camel case: pointer (example: pFile)
- Lower case verb followed by camel case: function (example: moveProjectiles)
- Camel case: local variable (example: ProjectileType)
- Single lower case letter: local variable used as counter or loop index (example: i)
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Sooz
The community can't even decide on whether it's OK to have more than three of the same tiles in a row

Actually, I think it's pretty much just Kentona, at this point.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=pianotm
Sooz
Actually, I think it's pretty much just Kentona, at this point.

I don't think we've had a single situation with three kentonas in a row
Marrend
The stat threads go far beyond the "three tile post rule".

Though, that's enough of that reference, I would think.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Tespy
If so, where can I find them? I mean things like variable-naming, class-naming, funcs to avoid, etc.

With so many engines and scripting languages to choose from... That just wouldn't be possible. To my knowledge there would be nothing to stop you from writing an entire novel in MS Word and submitting it to this website.
Sooz
Sounds like this NaNoWriMo's gonna see an uptick in submissions!
Thanks for the responses; I think I understand the situation now. I should've been more specific; I meant to ask if there are community-established guidelines for using Javascript in RMMV. Though it seems there aren't even there, I figured I might as well specify.

author=kory_toombs
With so many engines and scripting languages to choose from... That just wouldn't be possible. To my knowledge there would be nothing to stop you from writing an entire novel in MS Word and submitting it to this website.

I understand. Your post made me realize I was too vague xD
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

To submit a game go to Submissions and Submit Game. Provide a shot summary and some screen shots. After that RMN isn't going to tell you how to make your game. Hell, there's games on here that don't even work.
Marrend
author=Sgt M
We have coders?

Maaaaaaaybe?
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ahahahahahahah

...hahahahaha...

*wipes single tear*

...ha.

Sorry, but it's rare that I get to have a big, literal LOL belly laugh like that. As other people pointed out with varying degrees of pithiness (pith?), this community is {insert comical comparison here} nowhere freaking close to even being able to decide on a style guide for code for one particular version of one particular engine, let alone in a general case. We're talking "one thousand monkeys on one thousand typewriters ACTUALLY producing Hamlet" level of impossible here.

My version of Sooz' joke was going to be that we haven't even decided as a community if it's okay to use rips (but actually that's pretty simple, rips are allowed here because this is the land of the free WOOO, and forbidden on RPGMakerWeb because that's soviet communist china over there, by which I mean the official site).
Pages: 1