[RMMV] RAGE STATE BASED ON HP

Pages: 1
So, what I'm wanting to do in my game is have a barbarian that, basically, goes into a rage when his HP's are low. Once he goes to his Crisis/Danger stance, I want a Rage State to applied that increases his attack output. I can create the state just fine, the part I'm struggling with... any idea how you can have a state apply to your character once your HP's reach a certain %?

Is there a workaround inside MV? Or if this would require a plugin... any idea which plugin would accomplish this best?

Thanks in advance :-)
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Yanfly has some scripts that deal with states. I'm sure there's something that covers this in there.
If you didn't figure this one out yet, I did this in my last game using yanfly's buff/state core and passive state scripts.

The passive state script is used to apply a state to the character when a particular item is equipped. Let's call this "rage susceptibility" in your case.

Then in the "rage susceptability" state, use a bit of script in the lunatic tags thus:
<Custom Action Start Effect>
if((user.hp / user.mhp) < 0.25) {
  user.addState(18);
}
</Custom Action Start Effect>
<Custom Action End Effect>
if((user.hp / user.mhp) > 0.25) {
  user.removeState(18);
}
</Custom Action End Effect>

What this does is add state 18 at the start of action when hp < 25%, and remove it at the end of action when HP > 25%
author=coelocanth
If you didn't figure this one out yet, I did this in my last game using yanfly's buff/state core and passive state scripts.

The passive state script is used to apply a state to the character when a particular item is equipped. Let's call this "rage susceptibility" in your case.

Then in the "rage susceptability" state, use a bit of script in the lunatic tags thus:
<Custom Action Start Effect>
if((user.hp / user.mhp) < 0.25) {
  user.addState(18);
}
</Custom Action Start Effect>
<Custom Action End Effect>
if((user.hp / user.mhp) > 0.25) {
  user.removeState(18);
}
</Custom Action End Effect>

What this does is add state 18 at the start of action when hp < 25%, and remove it at the end of action when HP > 25%

This worked GREAT! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help :-)
Pages: 1