RPG MAKER VX ACE MOGHUNT ATELIER RGSS

Pages: 1
Hey, so I made my first gameand I am thinking about making a second.But I want it to be a commercial game.I am used to using rpg maker vx ace moghunt atelier Rgss scripts.Therefore I need to know if moghunts work can be used in commercial games.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
It might be in the script comments whither it (they?) can be used for commercial purposes or not.

For what it's worth, I Googled moghunter's site, and the About page has...

TERMOS DE USO (Terms of Use)

– Português

1 – Os scripts são para uso livre em projetos comerciais e não comerciais.
2 – Você está livre para editar ou adaptar os scripts.
3 – Algumas demos contém materiais com direitos autorais, eles são usados apenas para demostração.

– English
1 – You’re free to use all Atelier-Rgss scripts in commercial or non-commercial projects.
2 – You’re free to edit and adapt my scripts.
3 – Some demonstrations contains copyright materials (Anime stuff), they are used for demonstration purposes only.

...this for an answer.
author=Marrend
It might be in the script comments whither it (they?) can be used for commercial purposes or not.

...this for an answer.

Yes,Thanks a million.
Do keep in mind that the copyrighted visual assets can sometimes be hard to spot, for example I do know of a certain commercial RPG Maker MV game which uses CardCaptor Sakura's magic circle glyph as an enemy select cursor. It's usually best to replace everything or almost everything, visually, from the scripts you're using -- especially from him, and he very much intends you to do so.
author=JosephSeraph
Do keep in mind that the copyrighted visual assets can sometimes be hard to spot, for example I do know of a certain commercial RPG Maker MV game which uses CardCaptor Sakura's magic circle glyph as an enemy select cursor. It's usually best to replace everything or almost everything, visually, from the scripts you're using -- especially from him, and he very much intends you to do so.

Damb, I wish that was possible. I lost my game file and flash drive. I cannot
access the game to edit. But could you be a bit more clear so I can avoid this is the future.' It's usually best to replace everything or almost everything, visually, from the scripts you're using ': what do you mean?
For instance, in this example I cited, imagine you downloaded one of Moghunter's scripts. Now, some assets are obviously rips from other games (the Tales chars in his LMBS, the Madoka characters in his MV demos) and you remove all of those from your game, leaving everything you think is Moghunter's original assets (which he allows use of) in.

There's a good chance that the stuff you left in still being not his original creations because something might have slipped past your radar or looked mundane. For example, the iconic magical circle from Cardcaptor Sakura, which is featured in either a Moghunter or a Yanfly script (I can't remember, but I don't think Yanfly is one to use ripped art so...)

To someone unfamiliar with the series, it might just look like a generic, "copyright free" magic circle or something moghunter made himself, thus they would leave it in the project. But someone else, such as me, sees it and thinks "why are they using X asset from Y game, anime etc"

So if you're doing a commercial or otherwise serious project, this is one good reason (among others) to replace every single visual asset that comes with a script, and that's especially true for Moghunter's scripts, since he's especially fond of homaging stuff he likes as sprite rips in his demos. :P
author=JosephSeraph
For instance, in this example I cited, imagine you downloaded one of Moghunter's scripts. Now, some assets are obviously rips from other games (the Tales chars in his LMBS, the Madoka characters in his MV demos) and you remove all of those from your game, leaving everything you think is Moghunter's original assets (which he allows use of) in.

There's a good chance that the stuff you left in still being not his original creations because something might have slipped past your radar or looked mundane. For example, the iconic magical circle from Cardcaptor Sakura, which is featured in either a Moghunter or a Yanfly script (I can't remember, but I don't think Yanfly is one to use ripped art so...)

To someone unfamiliar with the series, it might just look like a generic, "copyright free" magic circle or something moghunter made himself, thus they would leave it in the project. But someone else, such as me, sees it and thinks "why are they using X asset from Y game, anime etc"

So if you're doing a commercial or otherwise serious project, this is one good reason (among others) to replace every single visual asset that comes with a script, and that's especially true for Moghunter's scripts, since he's especially fond of homaging stuff he likes as sprite rips in his demos. :P

Thanks, I'll be more careful.
It's a good practice to always check usage rights and clauses in any scripts you use. And if it is not in the script itself, it's likely somewhere on their website. Make a citation of it for yourself on where you found it, too, since more and more scripts are disappearing online from dead links, etc.

I tend to do this as early in development as I can, and always avoid scripts with a "no commercial" clause even if my game is free. That way I'm not putting myself in hot water later if I make the decision to go commercial and I'm not scrambling to find a replacement script.
this thread title looks more like spam than some actual spam
Pages: 1