YOU ARE STUCK IN A VIDEOGAME FOR 1 WEEK

Pages: 1
ok. lets get things straight:
you are stuck in a videogame for 1 week. anything you earn in that videogame is brought back with you. HOWEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEERRRRRRRRRRR, since things have to go wrong, if you die in the game world, you die in real life. the one rule is simple:
you can't use any cheats in the game. SO, which videogame do you choose, and what do you do?
Harvest Moon.
Waifus, animals, treasure and food. What's not to like?
Liberty has already given the only sensible answer.
Probably animal crossing or cooking mama, much for the same reasons Liberty chose.

Aside from waifus though. Haha.
pacman i will eat the cherry then walk out, i dont need a week
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Final Fantasy XIV. I don't even want to be an adventurer. I just want to live in Gridania.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Dang, it's hard to say from the games I've actually played, as the whole lot of 'em are dangerous. But if I had to pick, probably a Dragon Quest game. This is assuming that we'd start out in the first area(s) of the games, but hear me out.

Basic Slimes are thought to be a joke even in DQ's universe, and if I play my cards right I can get some decent gear to acclimate. Even retro Dragon Quest games make their non-magical characters useful, and later ones hand out skills for specific weapon choices. There might or might not be a loophole in that fights are literally to the death for characters in those games... but it's very possible to get better with enough coin, with revival prices scaling with the deceased's Level.

Lastly, many Dragon Quest worlds are relatively "safe" even within the game's epic, world-saving plots; even with the heroes running about to fight the Big Bads, most DQ worlds are relatively peaceful otherwise compared to other RPG ones.

My goal by the end of that week is that I can git gud at a specific weapon type and grind out minor monsters. :p
Wing Commander Privateer 2: The Darkening.

Probably my favourite Sci-Fi universe, plus showing up in the real world with a spaceship would be pretty rad.
Actually im changing to Pokemon, probably Sun/Moon, I could use a holiday.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Sidewinder
Wing Commander Privateer 2: The Darkening.

Probably my favourite Sci-Fi universe, plus showing up in the real world with a spaceship would be pretty rad.

I'd prefer more of a mix of original Privateer's random mission generator, and Privateer 2's jumping mechanic. Which I guess would kinda be like Myriad Cypher? However, choosing one's one game is probably cheating. In that case, if I had to choose one Privateer game over the other, I would probably go with the original.

Though, being in a Heroes of Might & Magic game might not be too bad either? If it's the first week of the game, armies tend not to travel very far in a day, and one is probably scrambling for income/resources to build up their towns. Conflict is generally limited to encounters on the map, the chances of running across another player is slim. Though, I suppose that would depend on the size of the map, and how it's set up. I will admit freely that being denied any form of cheating would make things suck for me.

*Edit: Thoughts had occurred to me towards games like True Love ~Jun'ai Monogatari~, or Seasons of the Sakura, or like VN. I doubt I'd be able to manage a hentai-harem. Neither of these games have the "harem" half of that equation. The hentai half well probably?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
A dating sim. Maybe one that's an idle game instead of a visual novel, like Crush Crush, since in a week you can get a dozen girlfriends and also millions of dollars.
The Sims. I'd marry a Goth, WooHoo everyone in the neighborhood and then bring back millions of Simoleons. Anyone know what the exchange rate of Simoleon to the American dollar is right now? :-P
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Probably Oblivion. I almost spent a week just walking around that game. You have picturesque towns, bucolic countryside, ruins and both genders (as opposed to Gothic 3).
Other options would be:
Dragon Age, I still got a boner for that world.
Might and Magic VI or VII, It's quite easy to die in the first town, so not the best option.
Kentucky Route Zero, for the weird Americana

I suppose the real question is how are we defining a week and how would you keep track of the time spent. After all, I've played games like 7th Dragon where its possible to avoid staying at inns through the use of passive healing skills. And the game only really acknowledges a day passing if you stay at an inn. So I basically did the bulk of the game over the course of one really long day from an in-universe perspective.

And how would this translate for games like Rome: Total War where each turn is meant to represent six months worth of actions?

How do you translate this week long process into a game like Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries where 30 minutes of game time translates to potentially years of time within the confines of the game itself?

Though, I suppose people could argue I'm thinking about this topic way too hard.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Which VN would you choose? Because besides being a very safe option, you get the girl of your dreams...

If My Heart Had Wings
I love that game, it's so peaceful. I wouldn't mind being stuck in it for a week and attending one of the town events.
Pages: 1