[RMMV] HELLO THERE

Pages: 1
Hey!

After submitting my first game I'd thought it appropriate to properly introduce myself. I only recently discovered this site, but you look like a bunch where I might just seem to fit in... I hope?

As you might have guessed by now, I'm not really good at introductions, so take this entire thing with a mountain of salt.

In any case, I've played my first video game when I was five and since then always tried to "give something back". I've been dabbling with a lot of map editors, wrote short stories and poems, tried to make something resembling music, but nothing really felt proper. In 2012, I started drawing maps (very ugly ones) and pictures of a world I wanted to build. Soon after that, I began writing short pieces about various locations, institutions and nations.

Nothing really really came of it though, until I bought the VX Ace maker in ~2013. After spending almost 300 hours in there, I had a whopping number of three maps ready and was nowhere close to finishing anything of worth. Trachi was just too complex for me and my non-existent skills to realise. At some point, the HDD which housed the entirety of the files died. Most of my motivation went with it and I never really touched VX Ace again, though I always wanted to resume work on what was already called Trachi back then.

Fast forward to January 2018. MV Maker is on sale. I hesitate, but not for long. I create a project called Trachi Reborn. Of course I scrapped the cringy addendum, before anyone else could see it. Again, I spend tens of hours on one map alone without really being satisfied (I'm pretty sure it's obvious which one it is). This time, though, I had a proper story to tell. Suddenly (slowly, to be more precise), I start making an intro. Two people meet. I think I can make out their agendas, but it's too foggy still.

I know is that none of them are saints. So I have to make them suffer. I despise the fact that they'll become monsters, eventually. But I have to show the world how it happened. I owe it to them. Even though they're fictional (at least I hope so, lol!).

Holy smokes, that was long! Sorry I didn't talk about me too explicitly, but I'm sure you're able to pick up a few pieces here and there. If not – don't worry! It's not like I have a clue where this is going, either.

In any case, I hope we'll get along!
P.S.: Talking to people is hard!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yo.

(Is Marrend slacking?)

Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!

Or whatever Marrend says.

You can access a link to our Discord under the community tab, and I totally recommend visiting it! Hope to see you around, and have a great day, nouremz.
Sooz
If you are truly the virtuous man you say you are, then you have nothing to fear of the ditto.
Hello

is it me you're looking for
Marrend
Guardian Gorgon of the Description Thread
author=oddRABBIT
(Is Marrend slacking?)

What, am I supposed to be omni-present, or something? No respect, I tell ya.

author=oddRABBIT
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!

Or whatever Marrend says.

Correct. This is the thing.
Welcome and congrats on posting your first game!
Pages: 1