[RM2K3] LOAD FILE KEEPS POPPING UP WHENEVER I START A GAME IN TESTING MODE

Pages: 1
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Hi! So I've parsed around a bit, and I can't seem to find anyone who's discussed this issue on here. Recently, I learned how to make custom title screens for RM2k3, and I was really pumped about it. They worked great, and I'm very proud of them, and I had no issues. However, a couple of days ago, whenever I start playtesting with the Title Screen turned off in the System Menu, it just starts with a loading screen? It doesn't matter if there's an event that has a Open Load Screen event attached to it - I deleted it on the title screen and that doesn't fix it. I even tried opening up a game with the Title Screen off in the System tab that I had never even messed with and it seems to have done this. It only happens when in playtest mode, but it sure is annoying! Anyone have any ideas/fixes?

Example of it in action:

I'm not pressing anything, and there's no event here related to load screens.
Go into the editor, and make sure this button is pressed:

Should fix it.
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
That fixed it! I can't believe it was so simple, haha. Thanks a bunch!
I explained this in the help file in "Main Window" → "Supplementary Features" → "Begin Playtest":

* Before creating a game installer, you can check your game for errors and opportunities for improvement. This process, called “playtesting”, is extremely important.
* Before doing a playtest, map data needs to be saved. If the data has not been saved, a message will be displayed to confirm if the data should be saved. Clicking “Yes” will save the data and begin the playtest.
* If "Fullscreen" is disabled, a new window will open and display the game's start screen.
* If "Fullscreen" is enabled in the "Game" menu (button is pressed in), the game will take up the entire screen.
... * In addition, if "Display Title Screen" in the same menu is enabled, the title graphic will be shown on the start screen.
... * If "Display Title Screen" is disabled and the default title screen is also disabled (in the "System" tab of the database), the "Load Game" screen will be shown when the playtest is started. Pressing a cancel key (such as "ESC") from the "Load Game" screen will start the game normally.
* During the playtest, all editor functions will be disabled, and changes to settings and data will not be possible. Only variables and switches can be modified from the debug screen.

However, I agree that it is hard to find, I guess it should be mentioned at the documentation for the "Use" checkbox in the system tab and/or the description of the "Show Title" menu/toolbar option as well.
Pages: 1