[RM2K3] HAVING TROUBLE INSTALLING MANIACS PATCH

Pages: 1
the title says it all. I think the problem is that I'm using the version intended for the official Steam version of RPG Maker 2003. if so, where can I find the latest version without it being likely exclusive to the Steam version?
For what I know it's made only for the steam version of rm2k3
Yes, only sream version, which is actually free DRM, so there is no reason to not use this.
If you had RMweb version yet, you can wait to sale and buy sream version - this usually cost only 4 $/€ - this is almost free.

And, I also had a problem with install maniacs patch - I solve this by open cmdl_editor.exe and press ok. After that maniacs patch install well.
Hm I stand corrected from what I wrote in the other thread:

Steam version is also DRM-free now, but it seems the RMW version has DRM, hence it's not the same. My mistake!
RMW version is still 1.12 and has DRM.
Sream is 1.12a and is free DRM.

I don't know which changes is from 1.12 to 1.12a, but it seems only RPG_RT changes, so maybe can make a Maniacs Patch compatible with RMW version. Need to remember that RMW DRM not prohibit patch, but makes it very difficult doing it, if I find a bit of free time, I can try move maniacs to RMW, but this probably won't work.

In other side - maybe someone can ask degica to change RMW version to sream version - since this is free DRM, they must only change a download link.

Today, I say to everybody - you want buy RM2k3 - take a sream version, if you hate sream, buy this, download, copy to other place, and you can forget about sream. In case of RM2k - you take a Humble Bundle version - this is also free DRM. Someone somewhere should write this in capital letters.

And I have hope that mess around different official versions of RM2k/3 will end someday...
Pages: 1