WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO LIKE?

Pages: 1
Hey I have a question about RMN's RCA (Recommendation Curating Algorithm, you guys remember that minute in time when CBSs with really long acronames were the thing de rigeur in rm) I mean that's the fancy name I came up with for "how and why you recommend me other games when I download a game".

It said "Other users who like Castle of the evil witch, also like" and then there was a list of games (Escalia, etc.). Castle of the evil witch as of my downloading it has ten downloads and a one star review. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that literally no one likes it or has ever liked it (I hope the creator never reads this because I don't mean that the way it might be taken, in the mean spirited way) for any reasonable metric of like but what the heck exactly is a "like" in this specific case anyway?

please and thanks you.
I believe it has to do with those "to play" lists. Not sure though!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
As far as I know, yeah, the list or "recommended" games that it generates when you're on a download page is tied to what playlists that the game in question is on. A lot of users have unsorted playlists (ie: they just throw everything they want to play, or have played, on a list), which is why you sometimes get some unrelated/questionable results.

*Edit: I think this has been brought up at least once before. There might have been a suggestion of replacing the "on the same playlist" metric with a "games that share maybe at least three tags" metric, but, I don't know where that is in priority in whatever else we're looking at when it comes to improving RMN.
it's, like, whatever you want it to mean, man.

(truth be told we don't have a complex algorithm or advanced AI here at RMN. It is based primarily on the playlists and frequencies. So it depends heavily on playlist curation by our memberbase. It also looks at the game's tags and other games that use the same tags)
it's based on the manatees pushing the button
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.

It's THIS fucker isn't it.
He's the one always reccommending me THIS SHIT.
author=Mirak
It's THIS fucker isn't it.
He's the one always reccommending me THIS SHIT.

roflolol

Is that...I forget, is that from one of the gag endings of Silent Hill 2? (Never actually seen it but heard of it.)
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Yup! The dog ending!
that is...amazing. i've never done a speedrun of a survival horror game...kind of must be hard mode w/ the tank controls

that said, could you tell me

the choices to make to get that ending

asking for a friend obviously
If I recall you have to complete all the other endings (or at least one of them?) and then there will be a dog key somewhere that leads to that room.
This thread is two months old. But I just want to say that now whenever I think about the internal mechanics, politics, administration, or moderation of this website, the first (and often last and only) image to come to my mind is the dog from the joke ending of SH2. The dog is kentona, the nonsense machine it's operating is this entire website and its userbase.
Pages: 1