[RM2K3] DELETING PICTURES IN BATTLE

Pages: 1
I've been playing around with using animated pictures as monsters in the DBS and I've encountered a problem. I can display the picture as a monster just fine, but I can't seem to have it erased upon the defeat of the monster. If I create a battle event with the trigger to erase when the monster's HP is 0, it doesn't seem to activate. Is it even possible to do this?

Thanks for any help in advance.
author=twentyfour24
If I create a battle event with the trigger to erase when the monster's HP is 0, it doesn't seem to activate. Is it even possible to do this?

Thanks for any help in advance.

hi twentyfour24 ♥

Yes, It's possible! However, I want to explain first why this doesn't work:

By default, rpgmaker2003 battle system will end:
- Anytime the Enemy's HP is 0, the battle will immediately end in Victory.
- Anytime the Player's HP is 0, the battle will immediately end in a GameOver.

These two conditions will override any trigger/event taking place in rpgmaker2003. Rpgmaker2003 was simply made this way.
There's no way around this.

So, what you'll want to do instead, is create additional conditions, so rpgmaker2003 won't trigger these events by default. I don't have time at the moment to show how this works in rpgmaker2003, maybe I'll upload something later. But the easiest way to do this is to add additional HP to the Enemy. (i.e. If your Enemy's HP is 6000, add 1000, so it's 7000) And then once the Enemy's HP reaches below 1000, execute a custom Battle Event that will Delete the Monster's Picture, and then place a "Death" condition on the Enemy, so rpgmaker2003's battle system will end normally.

If done correctly, to the player, it will appear as rpgmaker2003 battle ended normally. But to you, the creator, it's a custom battle ending that offers more control with rpgmaker2003. This is exactly how I did it in my other two games, Final Fantasy vs. Dog and Steamed Hams.

Let me know if this helped!
@LordBlueRouge

Yup, I got it! Cheers for the help! I actually had a copy of FF vs Dog in my games folder. I just checked out the code. Wish I could think up these little tricks ha ha
Nice little workaround there LordBlue, I love these creative little ways to bypass certain restrictions :)
Pages: 1