[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

I want to say DJ did the unmasking because they assumed we'd figure out hes scum based off him targeting you, but the power use came after the unmask attempts which is weird to me. The rolestop on you does make me think you are probably town.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yeah, it was DnD. I looked in the thread before game started, updated the chart before reading, but then started reading when the game started, and just didn't care enough to continue. Then when the session was over, it was already end of day.

Sorry about that.

Also, about being all over the place. Yeah, I was, wasn't I? Whatever. I've got two jams instead of one to worry about right now and have no intention of defending myself because that's actually going to take time. Sorry, Liberty, I forgot about your mapping jam. I'm currently working on that instead of my Revive game right now, trying to make up lost time.

I shouldn't have joined this game. It's distracting, and Cave is more toxic than usual and I realized that I really just want him to be wrong.
pianotm
Oh, in case you're wondering, the unmasking convinces me that odd is scum. I'm also calling BS on the Fomar thing. I think the only town in that equation is Fomar and whoever blocked his role. Beholding Fomar and watching Fomar is being used as a way to figure out who he is.
Hyperfresh rolestopped Fomar. Hyperfresh is 100% scum. I don't think it's possible to say if Fomar is scum or not. What matters is that known scum (hyperfresh) prevented number-5 from gaining information on cyclops, which I would assume means number-5 at least is town.

Beholding + watching Fomar doesn't reveal Fomar's identity, it reveals the beholder's identity.
pianotm
Also, because I'm nice, I updated the vote chart to reflect the final day 1 tally. I didn't finish what was at the bottom because I think the chart is fine without it.

pianotm
Oh, right. I didn't realize it was hyperfresh doing the unmasking. I think that would make Fomar scum, then.
pianotm
Unless we're being misdirected.
piano jumping targets is a nulltell to me, I'm still fine with him. cave FOS'ing random people at EOD, thinking he'd be dying, makes me like him less.

I have no idea if scum was legitimately trying to kill Oddrabbit or not. They put Cyclops and number-5 in the list of codenames to try, so possibly they were trying to kill Odd only if he was a PR. (but then why unmask /before/ the roleblocker revealed themselves, unless RBer paperinik is also scum) I don't think scum wastes a nightkill trying to get rid of someone really, really likely to be daykilled, but eh. And there's no way I would think Odd is CYCLOPS given cyclops's in-thread comment.

What I think is most likely:
- scum wanted to kill cyclops or number-5, and they thought it was possible odd was one of these people
- they wanted cyclops/5 dead because then they could rolestop someone else
- saturn + mumen are the other scum codenames
- odd is innocent and scum's using him as a patsy
author=pianotm
Oh, right. I didn't realize it was hyperfresh doing the unmasking. I think that would make Fomar scum, then.

No it could imply Cyclops is scum, Number 5 was about to learn Cyclop's identity and scum stopped it.
pianotm
Oh, sorry. I was confused about the powers. I thought someone was doing a rolecop thing on you.
pianotm
Wait, Fomar, since someone was watching you, does that means they'll see Paperinik instead of Cyclops, and does that mean someone just took a bullet for you?
pianotm
*Does that mean, not Does that means...
Fomar was rolestop'd, so cyclops/watcher was presumably canceled. Why would they see Paperinik? Papernik targeted Cavedog. And no one would be able to "eat a bullet" for Fomar unless Cyclops is scum and Fomar is one of the other visible PRs.
I suppose it's possible Fomar is scum with a visible PR and was rolestop'd to prevent town-cyclops from learning his codename, even though cyclops still wouldn't know fomar's alignment and scum was just being paranoid.
pianotm
Oh, it was hyperfresh that rolestopped Fomar, not Paperinik. Sorry, I got them switched. He roleblocked Cavedog. You know what? I'm not giving this game the attention it should get.

I'm not very useful, right now. So I'm just going to shut up.
Doing the numbers game we now have three (mostly) confirmed town. That means today we have a 1/3 chance of lynching a werewolf purely based on numbers. (and it was only 1/4 yesterday).

So once demon, gourd and odd decide on a target I guess that's it for this day phase.
I could believe a scum methodology would be to try one player on all the power roles, in an attempt to eliminate the power role.

But I also think it's very likely that scum targeted themselves in some way in the night thread.

I also don't think the rolestop was necessarily scum. It could have been to prevent the watcher from getting info. I feel like in general scum wants as much information to be revealed in night as possible, so preventing any identities from being revealed like that doesn't seem scummy.

Of course, it doesn't really help us in any way to know these things :/ We get the help we get in night chat, we can't do any real planning without becoming a NK target.

So...I'll also point out the obvious, we really need to get a lynch today.
It's alright there are a lot of roles and a lot of very specific points on them, I re-read them just and had missed that the name switcher could only target two town and swap them. I assumed their goal was to swap a goon/themselves with a power role.

Given that the name switcher has no night action and that we've learnt the role stopper is scum. There is one more scum, if it's one of the investigation roles.
If Cyclops is scum then they were trying to learn if I was a power role. It would also make more sense with me being role stopped to prevent their identity becoming known.
If Number 5 is scum then they were trying to find out who Cyclops is in to be able to unmask them but then role block? 4d chess or to just deprive us of basically any information from that night phase?
If Sailor Sarurn is scum then they were hoping Cave was a power role and would have found out who he targeted if he was a power role.

But when they tried to unmask Odd they did guess all three of the investigation roles.
Well the rolestop was made by DJ Hyperfresh who also did the unmasking which is a scum only action. So the rolestop was definitely a scum move.
I would normally want to kill Odd still given the stuff yesterday and that he didn't vote at EOD but the stuff that happened at night gives me pause.

re:cave I guess it holds true that 50% of RMN night actions must target him every night, but I don't think he's Hyperfresh at least. Else the tracker would be getting that information tonight, and the unmasks were submitted after the tracker so he would've known he was walking into that. Not sure yet if I'd want to kill him today, knowing he's not the rolestopper scum, but he could definitely still be scum, and I didn't like him at EOD yesterday.

Likely he was RB'd to prevent the tracker from gaining info, which would tell us that Saturn and Papernik aren't both scum but not much else.

@Shinan: Odd is not confirmed town (not that I could really justify killing him today, tempting as it is)