[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yo, yo, yo. I have no idea what to do, it's Day 1, and I've decided to completely swap up my playstyle because I think it'd be interesting.

...I just don't know what to do.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Talk about something. What do you think of demon and Libby right now? That's who everyone's pointing at.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Libby said some stupid stuff, since Demon was scum previously.

Demon I have yet to get a read on, but I'm pretty sure he's town.
well here is what i think

liberty's vote was clearly a joke. my assumption is that she wanted that to try to find someone else to suspect by seeing who'd jump on it with her, or she was just joking completely since there was no genuine basis for the vote being started at all
pianotm
kittenfood

liberty's vote was clearly a joke. my assumption is that she wanted that to try to find someone else to suspect by seeing who'd jump on it with her, or she was just joking completely since there was no genuine basis for the vote being started at all

Yeah, that's why I'm also looking at a possible scumteam of AlaskanEmily and Cave with no idea who the third might be. Cave could also be right that Libby and demon are scum but I agree with Ozzy that there's something strange about the whole exchange.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I guess I have to explain my vote after all. liberty's vote was bad because it's an awkward joke made well after the 'joke phase' voting was done that tacked onto a serious vote I made without commenting on it. this is what actual stifling of discussion that demonlord referred to looks like. also, pro meta read: she's voting someone instead of not voting someone.

author=oddRABBIT
Demon I have yet to get a read on, but I'm pretty sure he's town.

????

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
piano isn't making enough incredibly out there aggro reads to have convinced me he's town, yet.

I'm tempted to drop everything and switch to oddrabbit, though.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=pianotm
kittenfood

Yeah, that's why I'm also looking at a possible scumteam of AlaskanEmily and Cave with no idea who the third might be. Cave could also be right that Libby and demon are scum but I agree with Ozzy that there's something strange about the whole exchange.

for funsies you should explain the connection between AE and I though
While I feel like a random day 1 joke lynch vote is definitely something Libby would do, I feel worse about the proportion of her posts so far that are about maths and mechanics, Libby doesn't usually get this involved in the maths/mechanics based discussions, it is day 1 so it might just be that but it doesn't sit right with me.
I'd feel better about Liberty joke lynch vote if there was no chance that other players in the game might have acted on it and followed her in bandwagoning. But she picked someone who was already getting heat. That's what reads as opportunistic to me.

I agree with ozzy that the demon and cave exchange is off but I'm not discounting the idea that they were just... both being dinguses as much as Cave's framing of demon's posts bothered me. Either way I think Libby is a better option atm

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I guess I have to explain my vote after all. liberty's vote was bad because it's an awkward joke made well after the 'joke phase' voting was done that tacked onto a serious vote I made without commenting on it. this is what actual stifling of discussion that demonlord referred to looks like. also, pro meta read: she's voting someone instead of not voting someone.

This is a really solid case for Libby tbh - on day 1 at least. Viva la meta
I definitely agree that I felt the joke phase was over, but those were also her first posts, so maybe she didn't feel the same at that point. I don't think those initial posts are a great tell.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
How do you feel about oddrabbit
author=oddRABBIT

This did bring back memories of my first mafia game where Odd was scum and committed to nothing.
pianotm
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=pianotm
kittenfood

for funsies you should explain the connection between AE and I though

This is day one. Literally the only connection between you two is the fact that you jumped on a joke vote. I guess these can also be joke votes, but you forgot the joke emoji at the ends of your posts so I have to assume you were serious.

Also, there's this.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
piano isn't making enough incredibly out there aggro reads to have convinced me he's town, yet.

I'm tempted to drop everything and switch to oddrabbit, though.

"I think piano might be scum, but I'm gonna vote oddRABBIT for reasons." Yeah, that's good enough for me.

#Lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

Quick P. S.: I'm gammaking, not super enthusiastic about the game (just look at how long it took me to join and even then, it was because I didn't want Jeroen to take forever getting a game going.), and there's a player here that goes after me as scum no matter what I do. I've already told you I'm going to be a bit more quiet than usual. Finally, Cave, your game has had the apparently intended effect on me, in case you're wondering. No more aggro from me.
pianotm
Fomar0153
author=oddRABBIT
This did bring back memories of my first mafia game where Odd was scum and committed to nothing.

Problem is that he does variations on this every game. It's a null-tell.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
did yall not see the thing I quoted from oddrabbit or what.
pianotm
I did not. Let me go back and read what you quoted from oddRABBIT.
pianotm
That is actually a good point.
pianotm
I thought that was a really weird thing to say, if it were anyone else, I'd say that we were just assuming that demon is getting scumread yet again, but coming from odd, I have to wonder if he's not accidentally revealing inside knowledge.
Because of that, I can actually forgive your not-town reading me and then suggesting you'd go after oddRABBIT. In fact, you know what?

#cancel
#Lynch oddRABBIT