[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Here's my guess. How suspicious of me to post a list of who I think are the culprits!

Scum: kittenfood, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, OzzyTheOne

Town: Everyone else.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
Of the people who have confessed to not being willing to play the game (oddrabbit, liberty, shinan (implicit)) I feel strongest about liberty. we have a more vested interest in killing lurkers this game than most games because we know we don't have a cop role that can investigate them, even though the cop would probably do something dumb like investigate the person with the highest post count or something.

I'm not bothered by most people saying they want to kill me because I understand you all are very afraid of being tricked by me. However, there is one person who seems to be to be posting some bad shit

its alaskanemily. I have to say that because Im not putting the name in the quotes. I'm also just going to say in what word what is bad about each post because I have cast a spell to imbue all of you with human eyes.

Haha, I was reading the previous page and thinking "hey Liberty that's not cool" and I guess I'm not the only one.

I mean, it's so OBVIOUSLY opportunistic I'm unsure what I think about. Like, it's scummy, but it's so clumsily scummy.

I'm also not sure I think that Demon apparently figured out a part of the rules we can all see before us is much of a tell. I always think demon is less than something but more than nothing though.

I should also do this:

#cancel

fence-sitting/hedgey. this is two words I already fucked up.

10/18/2019 04:58 PM
I definitely agree that I felt the joke phase was over, but those were also her first posts, so maybe she didn't feel the same at that point. I don't think those initial posts are a great tell.

see above

I feel nothing about OddRabbit yet. This feels to me very similar to how he was acting when he was being accused of being scum in Spy v Spy.

I need more than 2 actual sentences of game from him to say anything more meaningful and not so purely speculative.

To be honest, my top lynch pick is CAVE right now, solely because I felt like he posted that 3D graph late into the joke phase, but still it felt oddly early to be bringing out those kinds of memes. So far I've only seen him do that when he thinks he has the game solved. For some reason that felt out of character for him...which I realize is a strange thing to say about CAVE.

refusal to comment on odd even though he made like, a very clearly contradictory sentence, which, if nothing else, should elicit an opinion. about something.

somehow I am emily's top scum pick for posting a picture of an overly complicated chart in response to someone saying they can't understand charts. Apparently it was too late to post a joke, even though she admits it was in the 'joke phase,' and that this feels out of character despite her personally having seen me post dumb memes at varying stages of the game both as scum and town.

all of these posts have a commonality with fomar's posts last game, where he was scum, exhibiting the classic universal 'scum' trait: inability to commit. The overly-hesitant language aside, how on earth does this become your strongest read. like you have options laid out in front of you

A. guy who made incredibly contradictory post and has a history of committal lurking
B. person that you yourself described as scummy and is doubling down on obfuscation instead of posting content
C. graph
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=oddRABBIT
Here's my guess. How suspicious of me to post a list of who I think are the culprits!

Scum: kittenfood, CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, OzzyTheOne

Town: Everyone else.

sigh. "What is your reasoning." *echoes throughout the hall endlessly, unheard*
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm tempted to use my rude pass that allows me to make one incredibly inflammatory post per game
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm going to say it i'm seriously at my fucking limit
author=oddRABBIT
I'm totally town, I'll even go as far as to reveal my hero identity to prove it.

How does that prove anything?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Here's the problem, though, CAVE. Every single game, I base myself entirely on instinct. That's all I'm doing here, in this instance, as well. While my voice may have become much more verbally abrasive, my actual deductive ability is as null as it always is.

Basically, in the case of my death, where it's revealed I'm completely normal town, those are my guesses for this game. I'm hoping that it's somehow useful, since I don't think my deductive reasoning is anywhere near useful.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
well, yeah. I rarely make cases on people using deduction. I see a post that makes me feel bad and then explore why it makes me feel bad through words. you are skipping a step, and it is going to make your reads A. useless if you are town and die B. easier for scum to hide if you're town because they can just go "well here's my list of names with nothing behind them bye." and C. third letter.

pretty much everyone in the thread who has just casually named me as someone they have wanted to kill has done this, though, except for AE, which is frustrating because while her posts seem extremely bad to me, she is at least playing mafia and will just wrap herself up in contradictions further if scum and allowed to live, instead of being an eternal question mark.
wow this game is going to give me an ulcer. i too would love to post a team based on vague guesswork

unfortunately i'm more used to explaining myself, so i'm going to put forward both shinan and emily as suspicious, and maybe gourd and ozzy, and ignore whatever odd is doing, which is i think just being extraordinarily unhelpful for the sake of trying play someway different for once

i know people would prefer to get rid of lurkers. but i still really doubt that liberty wasn't just joking, and the frustration from her about that makes me more inclined to believe her about that. unfortunately i'm very used to the behavior of annoyed town just giving up completely when people press them, so she seems to fit that role pretty well. since i think odd is just trying to be different that would leave shinan who would just what, vote someone and leave like the last game i was in with him? and i guess we're just supposed to ignore that?? would uh, prefer not to

regardless of his alignment cave is rarely if ever readable. focusing on him for shit like obviously and intentionally ridiculous banter and graphs is dumb and it's not going to help. anyone still focused on something minimal like that for a read, like emily or ozzy did (calling the back and forth strange with no strong opinions on anything else) is weird. gourd also did that initially before deciding it might not be a factor. but anyway i think we should go between these four, or just those first two
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Should also point out that I don't read back old games and I wasn't in the spy vs spy or whatever game that you're all citing demon being a scum in. Duly noted. Doesn't mean he's not a scum in this game, but that his luck has been reset fine.

this part is weird because it both says that yes, its a dumb joke vote, but also tries to justify it using astrology

author=psy_wombats
#lynch OddrabbitPlaying too myopic, all he offered was a townread of demon. And I think a compulsion to change playstyles is usually from "people who were scum last game" and "people who are scum," not that I actually think he changed playstyles.

I feel decently about piano, gourd (for once), demon, and to a lesser extent AE and Liberty.

psy jumps on the easy odd case for only offering a useless townread of demon and then puts forth several townreads without backing himself. you all do this and it all makes it easier for scum to hide. i mean he reads odd as scum here but the latter half of his explanation as to why sounds bogus to me.

i think psy might actually be scum though. he's noticeably more quiet, in addition to 94% of his content excluding this post concerning mechanics.

I feel torn. I want to vote between AE/psy/Lib based on content (in that order) but also just want to mercilessly gun down oddrabbit and shinan at the same time.
I have to wonder now that I think I've gotten the rules to this game down a bit. If maybe it'd be a possibility to not lynch on the first day in this game. If I understand it correctly the werewolves will have to try to unmask people by guessing their superhero alias. So the public night phase would actually give us a lot of information and confirmation about who isn't a werewolf. (Since we know who they are targeting and since they probably have no info on who's who it's not entirely unlikely they'll fail to kill anyone first night)
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
all of the scum are going to do the cool thing where they try to unmask themselves and fail so we think those people aren't scum. all 3 of them are going to do this.
author=AlaskanEmily
author=oddRABBIT
I'm totally town, I'll even go as far as to reveal my hero identity to prove it.
How does that prove anything?

^
That's a point - that they have to say in chat, under their masked names, who they're trying to unmask. Yeah, I can vibe with a no lynch for day 1 since it will give us more information to see who scum try to kill/unmask.

I'm still keeping my lynch on demon because it pisses people off, though.

look ma, i'm being helpful and engaging in communication. if anyone I think is worth going after (not who you think is worth going after, cave) pops up, then I'll change my lynch or cancel it, but for now, lol pls

i love how annoyed people get about something so dumb tho. it's still first day people we don't have any actual information to go on yet chill ya nits
If you want the reasoning behind the townreads:
piano - piano has consistently jumped on me for "trying to get people to claim" (despite my never having done this as either alignment, ever), the interaction with liberty appears legit
gourd - was slightly suspicious he was townreading me but he also backed up demonlord and hasn't been aggressive at all, I don't think scum-gourd puts down this much commitment without furthering scum agenda
demon - he took the discussion about the graph in the OP way too seriously, which looked decent (not as great when I review it but w/e)
AE - was paying attention to my mechanics grousing to call a detail, generally making sense
Liberty - the interaction with piano, characteristically aggressive after drawing aggro from people vs cool mastermind scum-liberty
for what it's worth, still not getting a scum ping off cave for this game. not that anyone cares bar myself on that front but figure i'll shove it out there
also my saying piano is scum is a real read because he changed his play as soon as it was pointed out
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
i love how annoyed people get about something so dumb tho.

i wonder who those people are
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
#cancel

#lynch ae

the continual harping on oddrabbit for something that is not 'scummy' but just 'wrong' has done little to sway me
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=psy_wombats
If you want the reasoning behind the townreads:
piano - piano has consistently jumped on me for "trying to get people to claim" (despite my never having done this as either alignment, ever), the interaction with liberty appears legit

I said one thing. Once.

I see what Cave's saying about Emily. My issue with her is the post where she's accusing Liberty of being opportunistic over what was obviously a joke vote. In my opinion, this makes her interaction with oddRABBIT that Cave pointed to look even worse because it looks to me like scum being unwilling to commit to hunting fellow scum.