[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
We have like 14 hours left.
#cancel

#lynch AlaskanEmily

in case it didn't go through because I got the name wrong or something.
wait, I thought we didn't. Then why are people saying it's too late to change vote?! wtf is off in your head???
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
also, who was it who went "hey we only have two choices of lynchables!!!" because no, we literally don't. we could lynch someone who won't be missed and hasn't done anything instead. that would be more useful. sacrificial lynching at it's finest in a game that gives you a reason to lynch day 1. c'mon guys.

I dunno.

theoretically, D1 lurker removal creates an information void that forces out relatively uninformed night actions. With information from an execution that has actually generated discussion, players can actually somewhat intelligently target. The counterargument to this is that nobody uses their power right ever.

On day 2 and onwards, we have n1 results, two flips and discussions from both days to prevent the more random targeting.

but also I have no idea how this is going to shake out with targets being public.

"Day 1 will end 2019-10-20, 18:00 UTC, in about 19 hours."

this is the deadline.
It's true in my case at least. Whenever I sleep that's prob it for me. Doubt I'll be here for deadline.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Personally, I think they both look scummy. Cave and AE. Thing is, Cave is being much more demonstrably disingenuous with us, but I can't argue with an AE lynch. There's a case against her, but it's a case generated by Cave, a substantial portion of which was generated by him.

#cancel
#Lynch AlaskanEmily
pianotm
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Gourd_Clae
"Lets lynch one of them. If the person we lynched was town, we can't safely assume the other is town. Maybe the other is scum. Let's reevaluate to see if my hypothesis is sound."

Woah, no auto killing! I must be a great mafia player!

I actually agreed with the rest of your and/or it was not addressed to me!
literally all of it was addressed to you, and if you agreed with it, it damages your case. on me.

author=Gourd_Clae
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
also a really weirdly specific read for that point in the game.
Please elaborate?

'one of two players is scum' is weird for page 4 or whatever. It doesn't make sense to start drawing connections between people until a scum is flipped and dead.

You are creating a very deliberate narrative here about me. You've made this discussion about me when it was about you - I noticed.

Well, as I was getting very angry lol. I'll put it in spoilers so you can read it bc I think it's funny but yeah this isn't productive and I think it is because you are scum.

I'm going to think about emily in the next few post for whoever is into that.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK :: 'one of two players is scum' is weird for page 4 or whatever. It doesn't make sense to start drawing connections between people until a scum is flipped and dead.

Gourdy :: Like, for real. What even is this? This assumes what I said pages and pages ago was a much more intense read than it actually was. It also says page 4 to make it seems unreasonably early (which lol I get it cave is invested in making me seem unreasonable). It also completely discounts that?? Maybe something was?? Happening at the time?? maybe if cave looks on the same page as my post instead of playing gotcha with me he would get the context but obviously i have to spoon feed it to him or else look suspicious even though this conversation... was not even ... about me...!!
pianotm
That should read "2" under CAVE_DOG. Not "3".
pianotm
CORRECTED VERSION.

okay, can somebody explain the case on emily to me? I remember some vaguely bad vibes from her earlier, which I will look into right now, but other than that I can only assume she has been lying about things? It looks like she changed her mind as the game progressed but I can't be sure.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I literally just explained this. It's weird because you're drawing connections between unflipped players beyond "they don't look like they're on the same team," not because of the exact page number. this is also, by far, the most insignificant issue I've had with your posts, but for some reason the only thing you will address.

I've also quoted the AE thing like 18 times now.
pianotm
Gourd_Clae
okay, can somebody explain the case on emily to me? I remember some vaguely bad vibes from her earlier, which I will look into right now, but other than that I can only assume she has been lying about things? It looks like she changed her mind as the game progressed but I can't be sure.

Cave asked her what she thought about a scummy comment odd made. Emily pressed him by asking the same thing twice. Then she wouldn't answer any of Cave's questions. Look up her posts. She's only got a page of them. There's a bunch of contradictory stuff and claims she did things based on things that hadn't happened yet. I'm so mentally exhausted over it, I can't really explain it better than that, but...Cave's not wrong. She does look hella scummy, but, he conflated a bunch of stuff and turned it into this police drama where she kept changing her story and that just didn't happen.
I retract my statement. I *swear* I tried. Emily is an angel from heaven. The bad vibes I remember were from joke phase.

Meanwhile cave's storied history includes:
-"lurking lynchers is extra important this game, guys!" meanwhile lynching lurkers gets us the least amount of information of any possible lynch
-he has accused, like, everybody. for every little thing. Why is he so aggressive?
- He has been very disingenuous. Demonstrably so in my case. For emily I can't really tell, but based off of the feelings she has expressed I'm willing to bet he has done the same thing to her. Emily mentioned earlier that cave becomes aggressive and subtly misinterprets you as mafia. tbh I believe it.
- When he was on demon's case he somehow made his own fault into a sign that demon is scum. His post when he does this comes off as very forced and theatrical. He seems to want control the narrative very badly. He is now claiming outside info demon is town??

I will not vote for anybody else today. He's scum guys. If you think he has been disingenuous, idk what you guys are waiting for. There's not that many hours left and we should lynch somebody.
author=pianotm
Gourd_Clae
Cave asked her what she thought about a scummy comment odd made. Emily pressed him by asking the same thing twice. Then she wouldn't answer any of Cave's questions. Look up her posts. She's only got a page of them. There's a bunch of contradictory stuff and claims she did things based on things that hadn't happened yet. I'm so mentally exhausted over it, I can't really explain it better than that, but...Cave's not wrong. She does look hella scummy, but, he conflated a bunch of stuff and turned it into this police drama where she kept changing her story and that just didn't happen.

okay I will try to look at her stuff in this context then. cave's police drama was not comprehendable
I looked at her posts I think I am physically incapable of seeing her posts as suspicious. I don't see the contradictions. I only see her changing her mind about odd. And reasonably so imo
pianotm
#cancel
#Lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

Sorry, but you're right, Gourd. I'm really confused at this point in the game, and I think a lot of that is Cave.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Official votecount as of 2019-10-20, 07:33 UTC:

Shinan - 0: AlaskanEmily, Liberty
demonlord5000 - 0: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Liberty, pianotm
Liberty - 0: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, demonlord5000
pianotm - 1: Shinan
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK - 4: pianotm, pianotm, OzzyTheOne, pianotm, AlaskanEmily, Gourd_Clae, pianotm, demonlord5000, pianotm
oddRABBIT - 2: pianotm, psy_wombats, Fomar0153
AlaskanEmily - 3: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, pianotm, AlaskanEmily, kittenfood, pianotm, Liberty, pianotm

Not voting - 2: oddRABBIT, OzzyTheOne

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 will end 2019-10-20, 18:00 UTC, in about 10.5 hours.
I really don't think AE is scum.

Is there anything to the cave case beyond "AE case is weird" and "misconstruing gourd?" I don't think he's intentionally spreading confusion or w/e except possibly with the "I refuse to comment on this post," any sort of claim was entirely in piano's imagination and I certainly didn't read the "I know demon's flip" thing that way. In short I don't buy much of the stuff he's put forward but I'm having difficulty figuring out what motivation he'd have for pursuing a bogus AE case as scum in the case aside from maybe Odd+Cave scumteam and trying to get AE train rolling to cover Odd's earlygame weirdness, which would be better figured out by just killing Odd.

Wary of Gourd. Don't like him getting angry at piano for ""outing"" a PR when that never actually happened. And I don't think the cave case is all that great.

I'll be back before end of day. I still kind of think I'd like to see Odd gone the most -- hasn't been back since offering his scumteam, and I still think it's off that he felt compelled to "change his style" (and then wasn't really able to).
and maybe I'm not feeling the AE case because I've totally forgot motivations to throwaway comments/asks as town before, I see it as a mistake but not inherently scummy