[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

My reads list from most town to neutral to most scum
- - - Town - - -
Demon is town.

AlaskanEmily - town lean - She keeps forgetting stuff and then using it to argue which I don't think she would be doing if she were scum. Maybe if piano were scum I'd expect this from him.

- - - Neutral - - -
01 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK - bad vibes but ultimately idk. We are agreeing on most things when I don't find him hard to understand or he's arguing with me.

- - - Scum - - -
09 - OzzyTheOne - scum vibes. Nothing concrete on my own part, but I agree that ozzy seemed theatrical on day 1.

10 - psy_wombats - scum lean. I'm still uncomfortable that the town read me in the beginning. He never town reads me and tbh I wasn't doing much that warranted it. He's also theorizing about scum's motives a lot which is fine but he seems like the type to breadcrumb his actual scum reasoning through "theorizing"

12 - kittenfood - scum lean. Suspiciously wants to put off responsibility for opinions on confirmed town players.
@Fomar: That /is/ weird that namechanger is restricted to targeting town. I think that'd work, if it actually has been used. I'm struggling to understand why scum would ever use it.

@Gourd: I justified my town read of you - you backed up both demon and me (and eventually emily), and I didn't think scum would lock up their options. And I was right.
My guess would be that if someone claimed a name, and thus role, to save themselves from a day lynch, Namechanger could be used to idk swap them? I feel like that would be better as a town power, honestly.

I also think that jeroen had, like, a bunch of very specific examples of how to use certain roles in mind but didn't count on us being dumbasses and not seeing his complex plans. XD

Like, he's probably pulling his hair out going "if you'd just do this or this it'd work finnnnne!"

As it stands, scum having that role is dumb because the only benefit I could see of them having it is to bail a fellow scum out of trouble if they got role checked or something but even then it'd be very situational and require a specific type of information to use.

IDK, it's a shit role imo.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
It feels weird to me that you would have such a strong townread on me as to not vote me when voting me avoids not executing. I don't think there's anyone in this town, even though I definitely read some people as town, that I wouldn't execute, besides the masons.

If I don't wanna vote someone I don't, I've also abstained on voting someone I was iffy on in previous games. Besides unless I am sure you're scum I'd rather keep you alive, probably bias from me knowing that you're a very good player. Reads change over the course of a day, my opinion of you got carfuffled during the entire Piano and me theatrics. As for me being theatrical it was most certainly an overreaction on my part but I found it bad for Piano to so blatantly point out a mason in thread. It caught me off guard, and then when Demon claimed masons with Gourd I was too busy with D&D to check the thread thoroughly to give any vote and I also didn't feel like voting anyone without being properly up to speed as well.

A part from Odd chiming in like CAVE already pointed out, I would also like to hear Libby's take on all the transpired events. I bet she's cheering that there was a no-lynch on day 1.

Also I would like to hear more from kittenfood. What do you think about Odd being targeted for the unmasking?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
An observation! I don't know how helpful it is, but Cerulean Spectre did not post at all last night, but all other heroes did, which essentially means that that's the one super hero name that no one has, due to the imposter not having a super hero name.
Was also kinda shocked to see people vote for me. I don't like that. Don't give me double-vote status because I'm very likely to forget I have it and throw down by accident on a sudden vote, change my mind but have hammered someone by accident, so yeah. no pls.

I haven't been talking much but I have been reading. My scum reads possibles are:
- kittenfood: Something about her tone when she posts just rubs me wrong and I don't like that she hasn't said much (not that I can talk on that front, but at least day 1 I had the excuse of phone-access only)
- piano: Yeah, big surprise, I know, but it's not about how he's interacted with me but how he's playing. He's made sure to spread his votes around and it feels manufactured instead of 'because this person reads scum to me'. Also the chart. IDk, I find it kinda useless personally and it makes me think he's trying to appear helpful without actually being helpful. And the big deal that was made over the outing.

idk about gourd. He's kinda pinging but kinda not. I'm gonna have to read back a bit more.

As to lynching odd, I would like to deprive scum of that extra unmask and they have basically gained a fair amount of information during night phase based on their dump-unmasking, so I'm gonna say that if no-one better comes up, he's as good a lynch as any, especially since it scum would have to dump again, but this time without 4 guesses.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=Liberty
idk about gourd. He's kinda pinging but kinda not. I'm gonna have to read back a bit more.

XD
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=OzzyTheOne
An observation! I don't know how helpful it is, but Cerulean Spectre did not post at all last night, but all other heroes did, which essentially means that that's the one super hero name that no one has, due to the imposter not having a super hero name.

why would you post this
author=OzzyTheOne
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
A part from Odd chiming in like CAVE already pointed out, I would also like to hear Libby's take on all the transpired events. I bet she's cheering that there was a no-lynch on day 1.

Um wat? Did you not see any of my posts where I was all for lynching because it deprives scum of an extra unmask during night phase or where I was telling people that we should lynch day 1 because the game basically gives you good reason to? That the only reason I didn't jump on the cave train was because my gut feel that he was town and I trust my gut in regards to him?

Well, that and that he was actively doing shit in the thread unlike a bunch of other lurker types we could have gotten rid of instead, even if they were town, and reaped the benefit but also kept a useful hunter on board?

Let me clarify something none of you seem to understand. I am all for lynching on day 1 if there is a good reason to do so. All. For. It.
Things that I count good reasons:
- if the game gives you a good reason to do so (like, say, handicapping scum or giving town benefits)
- if someone is so incredibly scum that they need to die right then and there (like with the last game)
- if someone doesn't post at all and day end is about to happen (saves the mod having to do it)

Just for the sake of a numbers game? No, never. I don't adhere to that. But for other reasons? Absolutely.

fixed now
...that misquote is going to bug the fuck out of me and once this game is over I'm going to fucking edit and fix it.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Liberty
XD

I actually meant ozzy but it also applies to gourd, so... XD

ozzy is getting closer to my 'this is scummy' list tho, by the way he seems to be doing the old "lol, liberty doing the thing she always does lol funny girl" bet if I hadn't clarified he'd be pushing me for lynching next or something. he still might after this, who knows! that's what keeps the game exciting.

also, night actions really helped my graph a lot. not gonna show it but it's coming along slowly.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=OzzyTheOne
why would you post this

im current physically unwell, and thus mentally unwell, so i dont know if this even jives, but why would you, as town, have the motivation to be narrowing down who has what identity and then put that information publically in the thread.
author=OzzyTheOne
I bet she's cheering that there was a no-lynch on day 1.

you're doing the meme again

i dont know if ill be able to put any effort into the game today but the bottom of my scum list looks like kf, AE, ozzy, odd, shinan, two of those being omnilurkers. odd has actually pulled it together as town before though, whereas this fits shinan's town meta. kf is off the table for voting as far as I'm concerned, until hyperfresh is dead.
Ozzy deserves to die for resurrecting that argument alone.

@Liberty: Gourd's a mason. That's the confirmy-private-talky one vs the flips-as-scum one hth
Been a bit busy today. I can see the case on kitten although I don't feel that strongly about it. Odd I want to kill based off my opinion earlier, and the fact hes still not participating. His one read was the only reason I had to claim, I also dont know why scum would think the mon participant would have a power role. Psy made an interesting point that scum could have used one of their own in the unmasking but dont really see what that gains them. Ozzy has been more active today, need to look back and see if that was before or after the case against him.

Psy and cave look townie to me. Both are adding a lot to the discussion, and cave tried to defend me when he figured I was a mason. I probably could have defended gourd more before it got to that point, but I was trying to play in a way that didnt tie us together.

Piano and shinan I dont have much of an opinion on. Piano is busy and not focused, and shinan participated for once. I did observe he went missing after people started talking about it though.

Liberty is probably town for the reason j speculated earlier. I have no real read based off post content here yet though.
Mon participant should have been non-partipant. Felt like what my auto correct did sadnt obvious this time.
author=Gourd_Clae
12 - kittenfood - scum lean. Suspiciously wants to put off responsibility for opinions on confirmed town players.

i think the problem here is ultimately a difference in standards

so sorry, there's not really any way i can defend myself against this because that's just how i have been taught to play mafia for a few years now. if there is a clear, then we call them townlead and you do what they say you should do (unless circumstances or reasoning appears that make you suspect that they have become scum or might be scum, via conversion or otherwise). even in my first game here that was evident. even if i disagree with them, i will ultimately have to go with what they choose because that is more reasonable than doing something on my own that is detrimental and might not amount to anything.

so when a clear happens, i'm used to suddenly losing the right to individual opinions. in the types of games i've played i am even more used to claiming directly to them and being given exact orders by these people on what i should do next regarding my role. it's beyond strange to me when people still want to know what i think. so i really just don't have anything to say about that.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i can confirm that the above extremely sad story about the epicmafia community is true. it doesnt matter right now. i want hyperfresh dead
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Honestly, right now, I mostly agree with Gourd_Clae. However, I can't shake this feeling.

My guts tell me that the following people are most likely to be scum. Not in any particular order, by the way.

AlaskanEmily
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
psy_wombats
kittenfood
I have to admit I don't really understand the eagerness to lynch Odd. I'd say the odds (hurr hurr) of him being town are immense, so it's just giving the werewolves a free night kill. (their attempts going down to 3 basically just means that that fourth one succeeded and it was odd)

So technically a no-lynch is better than lynching odd? Or am I missing some thought process here. (I understand mislynching a power role is worse than lynching Odd, but is it worse than trying to get a shot at an actual werewolf?)
The reason is because scum know a bunch about him and can use what they learned last night from him to, if they decide to keep unmasking him, learn who isn't what he flips. The more they unmask one person, the more masks they cross off as that person and narrow down other masks.

So getting rid of him basically makes it so that they can't garner more information from him and have to start on someone else instead (thus stopping their plan) AND removes one unmask from their use, making that tactic worse to use.