[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

The flow of this game is less about maths and numbers and more about getting as much information as you can about who has what mask and who DOESN'T have what mask, so that you can put together who is what/who.

(Note: DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION IF YOU FIGURE SOMETHING OUT!)

See, there's a reason Cave is harping on about not sharing information about last night's happenings - because something town notices might lead to the death of useful town roles and unmasking people.

The reason he's focussed on that one mask name is because they revealed themselves as scum in the last night phase. If we can figure out who is behind that mask, we have a scum. So paying attention to who did what and to whom during the night phase is going to help.

Ergo, keep your theories from night to yourself until they count most, but use day to try and help town as much as possible by noting posts and attitudes.

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Official Day 2 votecount as of 2019-10-23 08:22 UTC:

OzzyTheOne - 1: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oddRABBIT - 1: AlaskanEmily

Not voting - 11: oddRABBIT, Gourd_Clae*2, Liberty, Fomar0153, demonlord5000, pianotm, OzzyTheOne, psy_wombats, Shinan, kittenfood

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 will end 2019-10-24 18:00 UTC, in about 33.5 hours.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I'm going to bed. I haven't posted the vote chart because there's only two votes and no cancels. I will when there's more votes.

Also, I haven't said anything because I'm working and because I'm getting the impression that people want me to shutup. I've gone through and reread a few of the posts, especially pertaining to Ozzy.

The case against Ozzy is strong, and I agree it's pretty scummy, but it's going to take more to convince me that someone who forgot he was playing the game after having posted twice or more in it is scum. I suppose that could be an act, but do you really think that's an act that Ozzy would put on? He was also as quiet on day one as I've been today, and at a time when he's definitely active. Still, there's something I'm going to talk about at the end of this post that's making me not completely dismiss him as scum.

I don't know enough about Kittenfood to definitively say anything about her. I don't mind voting her. She's been fairly in the background where people really won't notice her. Since I don't know her that well, I feel a bit more confident saying that her posting feels like scum trying not to be noticed.

If Cave is acting very pro-town, right now.

Psy_wombats is another hard sell for me. I am hard against him being scum, but the night thread has something in it that would make me consider him, except for one thing.

Shinan...see, here's the problem when you never post. When you actually start posting in a game, people are going to notice. The problem here is that I don't think any of us know what he looks like as scum. But we can't treat him as a player we don't know, because we do know how he plays this game. To see him change and actually engage has me concerned. Is he scum or has somebody finally made a game he's actually interested in participating in? I'd hate to lynch him if he's town in a game when he's finally participating with us.

Finally, I want to take another look at this.

dj hyperfresh
#unmask oddrabbit cyclops
#unmask oddrabbit sailor saturn
#unmask oddrabbit number 5
#unmask orddrabbit mumen rider

This isn't someone taking shots in the dark. This is analytical. This is somebody collecting data. I mean, I'm just repeating what everyone's already said, but this makes me think of psy, fomar, and Ozzy. Psy and Fomar are both math dudes. Ozzy is a military enthusiast and he's scary good at strategy games. I also wouldn't take CAVE_DOG off this list. However, psy, I have to remove from this list. Psy, is almost certainly not scum, and it's because of this list. I wish I could tell you what it is, but we all know that I can't, and we all know why. I'm dead certain psy's town.

Anyway, that's the best I can do at the moment. Good night.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
i'm playing mafia rn on another forum where i'm scum. I came back to like 10 pings on discord because I had forgotten the game existed and that I was supposed to submit a night action. it happens.
@Liberty: Do you think we should be killing Odd?

@piano: I'd think Ozzy was just lying about forgetting he was in the game to cover for getting the strategy straight in scumchat before showing up in thread. I mean his recent posts about "checking back for people flying under the radar" etc read like a bad act.

@oddrabbit: How did you arrive at that list? Why do you think you were targeted?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I agree with CAVE that me forgetting the game for the first half of day 1 is a nulltell. It doesn't make me any less likely of being scum or town. Of course I know that I am town.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=psy_wombats
Ozzy deserves to die for resurrecting that argument alone.

@Liberty: Gourd's a mason. That's the confirmy-private-talky one vs the flips-as-scum one hth

What argument? That Libby doesn't like day 1 lynches? If yes, I was just making a minor joke sheesh >_>
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I dunno. Gut feelings, really.

Why was I targeted? Should be obvious during Day 1 that I sent a lot of attention my way. Probably because of that.
Odd, why isn't ozzy on your list. Also, if you had to kill and protect one person on your list, who would they be?

Nothing else to add for now. I'll have more time to retead later.
pianotm
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i'm playing mafia rn on another forum where i'm scum. I came back to like 10 pings on discord because I had forgotten the game existed and that I was supposed to submit a night action. it happens.

I guess you can't say fairer than that.

OzzyTheOne
I agree with CAVE that me forgetting the game for the first half of day 1 is a nulltell. It doesn't make me any less likely of being scum or town. Of course I know that I am town.

Well, honesty is the policy. Alright. If Ozzy says it, it must be so.

psy_wombats

I hate this because it goes against every instinct I have as a mafia player. The damage is done. They're going to move on to the next player they think may have a power role. I thought for a while about what made me dead certain that psy is town and I can promise we would have had a very different night phase if he were scum. Right now, I think our best scum argument is on Ozzy. I don't think lynching odd is a good idea unless we can make a scum case against him. I guess they COULD conceivably try to take out odd again, but I think they're going to prefer to go after the next person they think may have a power role.

Paperinik is scum, too. They took their night action after the unmasking. That was one of scum's two big flubs. Now we know the superhero name for the other scum power role besides DJ Hyperfresh.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Official Day 2 votecount as of 2019-10-23 17:02 UTC:

OzzyTheOne - 1: CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oddRABBIT - 1: AlaskanEmily

Not voting - 11: oddRABBIT, Gourd_Clae*2, Liberty, Fomar0153, demonlord5000, pianotm, OzzyTheOne, psy_wombats, Shinan, kittenfood

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 will end 2019-10-24 18:00 UTC, in about 25 hours.
I was specifically asking Liberty re:odd after she posted this thing - https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24828/?post=895376#post895376

because while I'm ambivalent about odd now, that is nonsense.
pianotm
psy_wombats
I was specifically asking Liberty re:odd after she posted this thing - https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/24828/?post=895376#post895376

Oh, sorry.
Agreed re:paperinik though - if they're PR-hunting Odd, the timing is wrong. I'm not sure I'd be confident enough to call massclaim to kill them as last scum but would not be surprised to see that ID calling unmasks.

There's something else wrong about the timing of Hyperfresh's unmask attempts that I realized but that will have to wait until tomorrow, I guess.
author=Gourd_Clae
Fomar, sorry if I missed it, but can you tell me any reads that you have? So far I haven't seen much from you but game theory and bandwagoning. I don't necessarily think this is a scumtell for you but I'd still like to hear your opinions

Well yesterday my reads were you, Demonlord and Odd. Though you and Demonlord turned out to be masons.

I really didn't like the people who cancelled their votes on you without then helping us secure a lynch; Piano and Ozzy. Also Odd's complete lack of a vote despite being there at the end. Originally I was still for lynching Odd but after sleep and having had more time to think I've reconsidered, him passing up the chance to kill Cave when we were all calling for it does make me think he might be town.

Still reading and catching up.
author=psy_wombats
@Fomar: That /is/ weird that namechanger is restricted to targeting town. I think that'd work, if it actually has been used. I'm struggling to understand why scum would ever use it.

I've worked it out since then. The use of the name switcher is to kill a town person of their choice without having to know their identity.

author=pianotm
Finally, I want to take another look at this.

dj hyperfresh
#unmask oddrabbit cyclops
#unmask oddrabbit sailor saturn
#unmask oddrabbit number 5
#unmask orddrabbit mumen rider

This isn't someone taking shots in the dark. This is analytical. This is somebody collecting data. I mean, I'm just repeating what everyone's already said, but this makes me think of psy, fomar, and Ozzy. Psy and Fomar are both math dudes. Ozzy is a military enthusiast and he's scary good at strategy games. I also wouldn't take CAVE_DOG off this list.

I'm really sorry but it's not analytical in the slightest, it's actually two serious mistakes. The scum team clearly does not have anyone analytical or they were overruled.
Oh. Yeah I get nameswitcher now.

also my new theory is that Fomar is scum who had a massive spat with the rest of scumteam and is now taking it to mainthread where he can shittalk the rest of them with impunity
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
'why is cave so aggressive'

*cave stops posting town produces almost zero meaningful discussion and still hasn't voted anyone with less than 24 hours left on the clock*

i'm voting either AE or ozzy. preferably ozzy.
Having read back a bit, ozzy really does ping my scumdar a bit more, so I'd be down with lynching his face. Here, lemme start that process:

#lynch OzzyTheOne
author=psy_wombats

gee, i wonder if i think killing odd is a good idea or not. i wonder if i made a post about this at some point during this day. or something.

Only if a better lynch choice doesn't come along, which one has.

author=psy_wombats

how so? explain pls