[MAFIA] MAFIA - BEHIND THE MASK - GAME OVER

still salty about that change >:P

Woo, town won anyway! I was worried that changing the powers mid-game would cause issues in a game like this where knowing stuff beforehand about how roles worked would result in bad faith reads, so I'm glad town stumbled through alright.

Just for fun here are some of my night results:

Night 1 when I was role stopped from seeing myself.
You try to behold yourself. You fail. You look in the mirror and are afraid you may be a vampire.

Or more seriously: You fail to behold yourself!

And night 2 I had an erroneous message that I was told to discard:
While beholding yourself, you see x, where x is the limit for n to infinity of f^n(x_0) with f the behold action and x_0 the successful message.

I'm burnt out as well, this has been a lot of mafia and it can be really time consuming. I really enjoyed this game the setup provided a lot of mechanics to consider and think about while playing. A tweak to the night phase might help, maybe we have to elect someone during the day or there could be a town speaker who asks 3 questions who everyone has to answer during the night phase or something?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I just know that I made a crucial mistake. I decided not to read my PM and I did not read for the first major half of day 1 but then caved in and read it. I should've not read it until night 1 started, that would've saved me on day 2 imo, because I went into day 1 fully believing I was town.

I also regret not being able to hammer CAVE, that will be my most major regret of this game.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I played horribly, I didn't even know Cerulean Spectre was a shared name for scum until day 2 or was it night 2?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=OzzyTheOne
I just know that I made a crucial mistake. I decided not to read my PM and I did not read for the first major half of day 1 but then caved in and read it. I should've not read it until night 1 started, that would've saved me on day 2 imo, because I went into day 1 fully believing I was town.

I also regret not being able to hammer CAVE, that will be my most major regret of this game.

it wouldve been fine if you had just said "fuck you i was playing d&d" and not said something about townreading me really hard

also I'm not sure if there's much of a point to the election thing. It basically never saw any utility in this run.
are you kidding? it netted town the win. else we'd probably still be waiting to hear back from others, kitten might have had a chance to persuade people towards odd or emily or one of the others and scum might have won.

the fact that the doublevote occured right at the end meant that it was cut off and done.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
KF was gunning for AE, who was probably not going to be mindhacked into thinking she was scum.

my point being that while doublevoting is undoubtedly, like, a power, I don't think it's worth elongating the night for.
I would say the lack of doublevote seeing utility is because I always had it and I wait too long to cast a vote but it basically would have just ended the day faster since I think town had the right idea most of the game. Should've posted my lost during the day also but I'm glad to see that didn't matter much either!

I think it SO funny that the scum chat was in perpetual red alert mode lol!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
also I'm not sure if there's much of a point to the election thing. It basically never saw any utility in this run.

The point of the election was to force more nighttime activity so scum would have more info to figure out who's who. This unfortunately went out the window when there were two confirmed town on D1 already.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
When being identified becomes is so detrimental I think it would just come down to the dominate strategy with no confirmed town just rnging your vote every time.