[RMMV] DISPLAYING MORE FORMATTED TEXT

Pages: 1
Hello guys,

I've tried to learn programming but with my full time job and other commitments, it's not something I'm willing to pursue any further (for the moment anyway).

Here's what I'm trying to do:

Basically, I'd like to make a gamebook where my text would be displayed on the page below as opposed to using a standard window. I thought I could use YANFLY message core in order to have my message displayed as a big window but it doesn't meet my requirements as I wouldn't want text to be displayed in certain areas.

This is just the book.

A single line, 211 x 14 pixels. Note that the top part should be 15 pixels high instead of 14 pixels to replicate the top of a book page as opposed to a single line.

I'd like text to be displayed like so, with a padding of 5 pixels on both sides of the line:

The red mark is just to visualize the 5 pixels padding and it wouldn't appear in-game of course.

I don't know if there would be a way for word wrapping to push any words to the next line if the word can't fit on the line.

If possible, I'd like to have a flashing marker to indicate that more text is coming. I'd like that animation to be more than 4 frames long as designated by the default windows setting:

I guess what I'd like first and foremost is:
Is this a request which would involve too much time for people to tackle for free?
and also:
Could a plug-in help me to achieve what I'm trying to do?

I'm willing to give up on a lot of wishes here provided I can have the text in book general objective fulfilled. I've tried at other forums but I couldn't get a single reply so I decided to try different communities to find answers to my questions.
Message core would do most of what you want, if you used a transparent window on top of a picture of the book.
However what makes things difficult is that you want the text in two columns. That's a new thing. Unless you can find a plugin to do messages as newspaper columns.
If you wanted the book to act like a message log, and append each "show text" command, that's also new.
(YEP_X_MessageBacklog does some recording of message windows though)

All possible with programming, but not super simple, and quite specific to your game.

Spiral bound notebooks do fold back on themselves flat, so doing a single page instead of double page and using a transparent message window is probably your best bet.
You should be able to achieve that with a "Show Picture" command, YEP_MessageCore + YEP_X_ExtMesPack1 (for specific x,y positioning of the message window) and "Show Text" with a transparent background.
That's actually a good idea, using the single page, I didn't think about that, thanks.
Quick question though,
You should be able to achieve that with a "Show Picture" command, YEP_MessageCore + YEP_X_ExtMesPack1 (for specific x,y positioning of the message window) and "Show Text" with a transparent background.

Would this allow me for the text to appear right on top of the line at regular intervals though?
The line spacing depends on the font height used.
For some reason theres a fixed +8 pixels in the core scripts which YF scripts don't make configurable.

With everything default, the font is 24 px, outline is 4px, and the fixed spacing is 8px for a total of 36 px between lines.
So you might need to tolerate the forced 8 pixels and space out your lines a little extra, or find/make a script to fix up calcTextHeight
Pages: 1