[PODCAST] RPG MAKER COLA

Pages: first 12 next last
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob

Welcome to the world of RPG Maker Cola...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

RPG Maker Cola is everyone's favourite RPG Maker podcast series, hosted by CashmereCat, a.k.a Cash a.k.a "The Puzzle Snob" It’s a chill space where we get together skilled developers from the RPG Maker community to chat cordially and occasionally non-cordially about game development, game design and probably a whole bunch of unrelated other stuff, too!

It’s casual, it’s cool, it’s Cola...

For roughly 1 to 1.5 hours each episode, with new episodes initially dropping weekly (and then Cashmere will have to figure out how sustainably he can drop new episodes from there), it's his pleasure to invite this kind of discussion in a world that needs it most - amateur game development.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

EPISODE LIST
EPISODE #001: LINK

If you’d like to ask questions, don’t be shy! Simply reply to this thread, or private message CashmereCat and we’ll take care of that for you.
CashmereCat
RPG MAKER COLA - EPISODE 001 SPOoOoKTACULAR!
feat. JosephSeraph & Frogge

LISTEN NOW ON SOUNDCLOUD!!!
(coming soon to SPOTIFY, APPLE MUSIC and other platforms)

Have a graaaaaaave evening!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Neat! I'll give it a listen when I get the chance.
Nice to have podcast again. When you have the RSS feed set up, be sure to link it so I can subscribe... Unless when I start listening it is incredibly awful and boring... Well I might subscribe anyway.
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
JosephSeraph and Frogge, awesome start. I'm totally interested in seeing where this goes, and I like the name. :3 Will give them a listen when I can~
Note that you could also create an article for this as we do have the option to mark as a cast. Gotta get that sweet, sweet MS~
Nevermind you were ahead of that curve.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
But is there sweet sweet MS for appearing in an episode?
author=Jeroen_Sol
But is there sweet sweet MS for appearing in an episode?

HEAR HEAR!
Just finished listening - it was great! I loved the goofy, "horror announcer" joke you had going! Jo and frogge had some insightful comments on horror, especially regarding context. ^.^

I can't wait to listen to the next one!
CashmereCat
Thank you everyone for listening and supporting ^_^
Ye, it was pretty swell, though I felt a bit left out concerning yume nikki (not my gameplay thing). RPGmaker horror is a niche of its own (tho Ao Oni works that 'being chased around by a monster' trope and just nails it!), mostly I don't play those to be truly scared. It's a nice creepy atmosphere instead.

Looking forward to more~
CashmereCat
RPG MAKER COLA - EPISODE #002
"Bosses & the Faithless"

feat. Red_Nova & Rook (Slash)

Some dang tootin' game developers talk about bosses, bosses, bosses, RPG battles that you are supposed to lose, workaholic-based development, and the terrors of the next big thing - Fortnite mixed with the MMO roguelike genre.

= SoundCloud: http://tiny.cc/rmc-sc
= iTunes: http://tiny.cc/rmc-itunes
= Spotify: http://tiny.cc/rmc-spotify

Have a wonderful evening!
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Dang, I need to watch these episodes. I'm stoked for this newest one but haven't quite had the time in my schedule. I will get to them and offer my two cents, please be patient. :o
Done with episode 2! I loved red's explanation of his intent for Prayer of the faithless it was super interesting. Slash's bossgame is very good and so is slash o7 I've never played his mirror game one, but the themes sound very sentimental and I like that. I'll have to give it a try!

They both sounded a lot more masculine than I was expecting but that might just be because my voice is so high and I assume, naturally, all game devs are a part of the same hivemind as I am lmao!
CashmereCat
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
Dang, I need to watch these episodes. I'm stoked for this newest one but haven't quite had the time in my schedule. I will get to them and offer my two cents, please be patient. :o

Thank you, Rachel! I'm looking forward to recording our episode with UPRC also, no matter how far it has been delayed ;)

author=Gourd_Clae
They both sounded a lot more masculine than I was expecting but that might just be because my voice is so high and I assume, naturally, all game devs are a part of the same hivemind as I am lmao!

They definitely were more mature and grown up than me! I was in the presence of true greatness, so you could imagine I was literally shivering in my boots. ;) Can't wait to have you on the podcast soon!
Awww, I can hear your voice shaking juuuuust a tiny bit in the introduction?
Musta been nervewrecking : D

Also SLASH IS SO SMOOTHHHHHH here too. I am content.
*still listening*
Amazing peeps : D
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Speaking of guests, how do you decide who to invite into the podcast? Is it based on the topic, or is the topic based on who's on the panel?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=CashmereCat
author=Gourd_Clae

They definitely were more mature and grown up than me! I was in the presence of true greatness, so you could imagine I was literally shivering in my boots. ;) Can't wait to have you on the podcast soon!

Thank you, thank you. Every day, I eat raw steak and eggs for breakfast and rev a chainsaw for two hours to maintain the manliness in my voice.
Thank you for sharing with us your secret.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Red_Nova
Thank you, thank you. Every day, I eat raw steak and eggs for breakfast and rev a chainsaw for two hours to maintain the manliness in my voice.

NOOOOOO OOOOOONNNNNNNEEEE'S
Pages: first 12 next last