A FOND FAREWELL TO YANFLY

Pages: first prev 12 last
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Wow, that's a huge announcement.
I wonder how future engines will fare without his scripts.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
None of my games would be the way they were without Yanfly's script.

Fun fact: Playing around with RPG Maker and Yanfly's scripts was actually my introduction to programming. Yanfly's scripts were so well organized that it was easy for me to understand how exactly each script worked and what my little changes here and there would do to the function. I had so much fun messing around with scripts that I was inspired to pursue an education in game dev, and I now code for a living.

I owe Yanfly a lot, and I wish him nothing but the best in whatever he decides to do moving forward.
Not going to lie, when I saw the words "All of this is because I simply no longer wish to produce anything for RPG Maker nor its community anymore." I felt a profound sadness and want to give the poor fluffball a hug. :(

I have only the vaguest idea what the cause of all of this is, but if it was so bad that he wants out of the entire engine and community, I weep internally for him.

Like everyone here, I heavily rely on Yanfly's plugins and scripts, as they add a ton of possibilities to the engine, and make it possible to do the neat kinds of combat systems I enjoy making.

The 170-ish MV plugins being put behind a 5$ Patreon pledge is fully acceptable to me. I'm not super pleased, but considering all the work he put into it AND that it's all being reinvested into RPGmaker and his plugins, I'm willing to accept it without complaint.

This is the end of an era. Whatever happens from now on, I wish Yanfly nothing but the best. He will be missed, dearly. *salutes*
Thank you for making ace message system, battle engines, and all the other useful plugins. Thank you for the effort in making your plugins both easy to use and easy to extend. Please find joy and success in your next adventures.
Years ago, back when Yanfly Engine Melody for VX was just recently released, I would play around with the sample project that included all the scripts from that set, thinking about what games I would make with them. While I never did get around to making those games, I still remember that time with YEM fondly. Now, all I can say is that I wish Yanfly good luck with whatever he plans to do after this.
author=bicfarmer
many rpgmaker games i played especially the longer ones had high chances of having yanfly scripts. I also learned lots from yanfly tutorials. Im sad that they got demotivated by unscrupulous actors, but this furball will always embody the undying spirit of rpg maker, for ever. Thanks.

yanfly was set to retired once 200 plugins were up for a long time even before any incident like that happened.
I just finished my first major project, something that I've been planning for years and finally got around to making. It was a success due to the tireless work of so many scripters, but certainly in no small part to Yanfly. Probably the most prolific of them all. RPG Maker simply won't be the same anymore.
Pages: first prev 12 last