HELLO, I'M NEW!

Pages: 1
Hello Fellow Forum users! I've never really been someone who actively uses the forums because of reasons I can't quite put into words. I saw this section and thought that this would be a great way for me to try and mingle with new people who have common interests and goals. This is my way of breaking out of my habits of not socializing since I've always been that introvert who shys away from most social contact. Most likely due to an extreme fear that I may or may not be interesting enough to keep people's attention. So this is me attempting to break free of my comfort zone and broaden my social horizons which isn't as easy as some of my extroverted friends and family might think... But anywho I'll write a little about myself.

First of all I'm a hardcore nerd who likes manga, comics, anime, science fiction, espionega books and of course video games! Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist and Dot Hack are some of my favorite manga/anime and as for comics I enjoy reading Daredevil, Elektra, Green Lantern, Punisher and Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel . When it comes to science fiction I like stuff like X-Files, Lost, Fringe, Supernatural and The Outer Limits. I like thrillers and espionage novels like the Covert One series by Robert Ludlum. My style of music can range from the 60s- present day but I can sum up my music with a couple of bands which are: Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden and Metallica. I also like photography, cooking random concussions to go on long hikes I'm also the type of person who has many ideas for video games that I want to create but yet to fully follow through on completing them. I hope that now that I've been really focusing on one game that I can fully finish it soon! Sorry for the long winded essay about myself but thank you for reading.

It is my goal that I can make some new friends on here to talk with about projects we may be doing as well as other topics that may interest and maybe even bounce ideas off of too! So this is my first forum entry and yes I completely edited so that would look much better. If you read the origin and read this then I thank you for taking the time to do so! Have a great day and I look forward to seeing all of your replies.

Hey man, I haven't really been a forum frequenter myself either but have been here for years shamelessly leeching off the knowledge of all these good people :p

Disgaea was a favorite of mine growing up as well, hoping for Disgaea 6 soon.

Welcome to RMN!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Hello, New! I'm pianotm!

Welcome to RMN! Glad to meet you!
Hello there! Nice to meet you : D

That's an honest introduction, I wish you all the best : ) Forums like these are a great way to do so. There IS a discord as well, but I find it not as meaningful an interaction, and it's a bit more daunting to jump into as well.

What kind of game are you making?

Also consider joining events if they are about things that you'd like to try. There's a review event going on right now, for example. https://rpgmaker.net/events/reviewmisaonominees2019/

If you've played any of the recent games, maybe give it a go?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!
author=Prinnyhero
Hey man, I haven't really been a forum frequenter myself either but have been here for years shamelessly leeching off the knowledge of all these good people :p

Disgaea was a favorite of mine growing up as well, hoping for Disgaea 6 soon.

Welcome to RMN!

It's good to see that I'm not the only person that does that. Also your display picture is pretty awesome!
author=pianotm
Hello, New! I'm pianotm!

Welcome to RMN! Glad to meet you!

Hello I'm pianotm!, I'm Kero! :D
It's nice to meet you!
author=Kylaila
Hello there! Nice to meet you : D

That's an honest introduction, I wish you all the best : ) Forums like these are a great way to do so. There IS a discord as well, but I find it not as meaningful an interaction, and it's a bit more daunting to jump into as well.

What kind of game are you making?

Also consider joining events if they are about things that you'd like to try. There's a review event going on right now, for example. https://rpgmaker.net/events/reviewmisaonominees2019/

If you've played any of the recent games, maybe give it a go?

My hope was to be as honest as possible and hope for the best. I've been trying to be someone I'm not for far too long so I gave up trying to impress everyone and just be me. I have Discord but I have'nt many people on it but might give it a go if I find people who use it. My current game is going to a save the prince but tweaked just enough to give it depth and new spin! I'm not very good at explaining it.
author=Marrend
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!

Thank you! I will try my best to do so! I look forward to seeing other people's creativity as well!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I hate to be the one to make a rules citation, but you're not allowed to double post. Just edit your previous post if you forgot to say something.
author=pianotm
I hate to be the one to make a rules citation, but you're not allowed to double post. Just edit your previous post if you forgot to say something.

This is the same post. I just completely rewrote the thing.
Double post as in post again before someone else has posted - even if the contents are different. If it can be put into one, please put it into one : ) Like, how you cited three people and put it into three posts instead of one. You could've just edited the first one to contain all the stuff.
It dem rules, but no biggie. There are some liberties when it comes to one's own thread (of like, a community or art project or so), but even then some time should have passed between the posts, and often one post will simply get updated.

(and I myself appreciate the honesty. it's nice, the truth is good enough)
I'll just have to see when the game comes out then.
Marrend
The rule is more that you shouldn't create posts in quick succession. The preference is to either post after somebody else posted, or after 24 hours, whichever comes first. The Welp forums are far more lenient with this rule. The various mafia threads provide examples of this, as does a certain random goof-up.
author=Marrend
The rule is more that you shouldn't create posts in quick succession. The preference is to either post after somebody else posted, or after 24 hours, whichever comes first. The Welp forums are far more lenient with this rule. The various mafia threads provide examples of this, as does a certain random goof-up.

This is the exact same post I just edited the part I wrote. I didn't create a new one.
Marrend
I mean, your first post is fine, if that's what you're talking about. It's the posts from here to here that constitute as posting in quick succession. That's what piano, and myslef were referring to.

*Edit: Almost forgot that Kylaila was chiming in on the matter as well. Weeeeeeelp!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=shonenwarrior
author=Marrend
This is the exact same post I just edited the part I wrote. I didn't create a new one.
Maybe we're not using the same terminology.

For this website and it's forum:

- What you might know as a "post", is called a "forum thread".
- What people refer to as "post", you probably know better as "replies".

Social media handles terms differently. A "post" in facebook usually means a "status" in deviantart and a "thread" in a forum. Normal peeps usually forget about this because their internet world is often small and secluded to a few websites.
Pages: 1