THE BEST/WORST IRONIC OR MEME GAME YOU'VE EVER PLAYED

Pages: 1
I have a soft spot for games like this and I want to see how many others enjoy these types of games.
My favorite ironic/meme game is Mega Man Sprite Game.
My least favorite ironic/meme game is Journey To The Shrekisland.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I would like to reply to this thread with something contributing, but I find I don't think I've ever really played something like you're describing!
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden is probably the best I've ever played.

I think the worst was this old GamingW.net game where you had to go back in time and prevent Enterbrain from assassinating Don Miguel? It wasn't horrible, but the gameplay was kind of awkward and the story just wasn't all that engaging.

It did have Danger Zone, though. So it wasn't all that bad.
I think the best meme game I played was Final Fantasy AsciiArt. I mentioned it in the blog post I did back in April for Final Fantasy vs. Dog. This was originally released in 2004, but I came across it around 2006. 2ch memes aside, I thought it was really impressive how these guys were able make a self contained, final fantasy battle system, and a story told in an episodic format, entirely done in flash.

If I can remember the worst meme game I played, I'll update this post.
Densetsu no Kusoge. Based on a real trashy game, and then with stuff added on top. s' great. In a weird masochistic way.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The RM2K3 game Chrono Trigger is the #1 best stupidest dumb game on this website. It is a masterpiece. (No, it's not a Chrono Trigger fan game. It's not related to Chrono Trigger in any way whatsoever beyond stealing its title screen, in fact.)

The Most Stupidest Game Ever - Re-Duh is the original dumb RPG Maker game, and definitely deserves an honorable mention. It's barely playable, unfortunately. There's too much gameplay and it's all bad from lack of effort, as opposed to Chrono Trigger where everything is bad on purpose. The comedy is great though.
I realize the op never specific rm specific games..

Rock of Ages is a secret love of mine. Even though it's not the game I want to play countless hours, I just love it to pieces.
Tales of Banalia by Lollo (yep, the creator of Theia the Crimson Eclipse) was hilarious. Pity that humor would be lost if translated... well not always :)

Despite the humor and the irony this is playable and also very good!

The worst I played instead is one whose name I cannot remember. You played as an egg helped by a drunken cow and the first combat was against a fecal golem that emerged from a toilet... -_-' combat and mapping were pretty terrible and the game was meh.
author=LockeZ
The Most Stupidest Game Ever - Re-Duhis the original dumb RPG Maker game, and definitely deserves an honorable mention. It's barely playable, unfortunately. There's too much gameplay and it's all bad from lack of effort, as opposed to Chrono Trigger where everything is bad on purpose. The comedy is great though.

Huh. I actually remember liking this game. I should replay it to see how it holds up.

Final Fallacy was another good comedic game from the era. Final Fallacy 2 was actually released a few years ago.
Pages: 1