SECRET SANTA 2019 (SIGN-UP)

It's that time of year again, folks! Time to get your share on~

What is this?
Why, it's Secret Santa, of course!

OH MY GOD! WHAT IS SECRET SANTA?!
It's a simple thing, really. Throw your name in the hat and get one in return. You are that person's Secret Santa and must keep the name secret from anyone! Then, before the due date below, you get them a present. On Christmas Eve, you will receive a gift from your own Secret Santa and happy fun times are had by all~

What counts as a present?
We usually like to keep it site-centric so stuff like reviews/media for games, short games that cater to that person's tastes, something for their game (resources/scripts/etc), something you think they'd like... that kind of thing. If you have a hard time coming up with ideas, you can ask me as an intermediary to ask them what they'd like.

If you have another idea for a gift, PM me and I'll let you know if it's fine.

So, how do you get in on this action?
Easy! Just give a holler in a comment below before the cut-off date. Simple, eh?

Rules are as follows:
- First rule of Secret Santa club. Don't talk about Secret Santa club.
- Second rule of Secret Santa club. See rule #1.
- In that same comment list a few things that are your interests or that you'd like to get. It could be a review for a particular game of yours, the fact you like legos and spiderman or something of the like.
- The cut-off date for joining is the 9th of December.
- You will have until the 22nd of December to send me via PM the gift for your Secret Santa.
- I will be posting who had whom in this thread on the 26th so don't go spilling the beans before then!
- If you suddenly need to drop out, PM me ASAP and I'll do some rearrangements. It would be preferable that you don't drop out, though.
- While it is not a requirement to have a game in order to join, it makes things a lot easier on your Secret Santa if you do. In the case that you do not have a game, put some thought into what kinds of things you like when you make your list.
- Please make sure your gift is of a decent quality. Put some thought and/or effort into the gift.
- Please do not include illegal or pirated items in your gift. Especially pirated games. I didn't think it needed to be said, but apparently, it does.

How to submit
- For video submissions, use a free-hosting video site. There's plenty out there - Vimeo, DailyMotion, Googledrive, Twitch and the like.
- Send me the link via PM before the due date.
- For reviews and artsy stuff, send me the text/image/etc via PM before the due date.
- Do not add your reviews, arts or videos to the site until I say so in this topic.

Santas >>> Gifted to

Santa Liberty >>> Mirak
Santa OldPat >>> bicfarmer
Santa El_Waka >>> Zephire98
Santa OzzyTheOne >>> TheRPGMakerAddict
Santa lavendersiren >>> psy_wombats
Santa Delsin7 >>> Dyluck
Santa Corfaisus >>> El_Waka
Santa Muffle >>> Harmless
Santa JustAShyDoge >>> KatanaHiroshi
Santa Illy >>> Hexatona
Santa Mirak >>> Fomar0153
Santa Dyluck >>> AkariThePeanut
Santa KatanaHiroshi >>> aneko
Santa pianotm >>> Nessiah
Santa Kylaila >>> Muffle
Santa bicfarmer >>> lavendersiren
Santa Fomar0153 >>> Kylaila
Santa Cap_H >>> calunion
Santa Marrend >>> pianotm
Santa Kory_toombs >>> Cap_H
Santa Frogge >>> JustAShyDoge
Santa AkariThePeanut >>> Stormcrow
Santa calunio >>> Liberty
Santa TheRPGMakerAddict >>> coelocanth
Santa Harmless >>> Dudesoft
Santa psy_wombats >>> Hazelsoft
Santa Hazelsoft >>> OzzyTheOne
Santa aneko >>> Frogge
Santa Hexatona >>> Delsin7
Santa Gourd_Clae >>> Kory_toombs
Santa Zakariya >>> Gourd_Clae
Santa Zephire98 >>> Zeuzio
Santa Dudesoft >>> Healy
Santa Healy >>> Illy
Santa coelocanth >>> Marrend
Santa Nessy >>> OldPat
Santa Zeuzio >>> Zakariya
Elf Kory_toombs >>> Corfaisus

Helper Elf Mireia, Kory_toombs

Any questions, feel free to ask~

On thin ice this year -
Xurxerth, Healy, Stormcrow

Banned from future Secret Santas -
Stormcrow
Sign me up!

I'm down for anything. A review for one of my games or an LP or fanart...whatever. I like a lot of jRPGs (Suikoden, Breath of Fire, Lufia, Okami(yes, I know it's an adventure shush) etc) and I appreciate most anything.
<3
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
I'm in!

I'm also down for anything!
If you could play my games and leave your impressions, through a review maybe, or LP them or fanart or whatever, that would already mean a lot to me.
A list of things that I like beyond this point would be really loooooooong. ^^'

Follow your heart. ^^
I'm in!

I appreciate anything as long as it was made with love, though I tend to like more the artsy stuff. Especially something that I can use as a profile picture. I just love using them until the end of the year, like some kind of tradition for me.

But hey, if art is not your thing I'll still appreciate any other kind of gift. Just make what you feel the most comfortable doing. And if everything fails, steam games are also greatly appreciated.

---

Edit:
Here comes a more detailed list of what I would like to recieve:

ART: I realized that I asked for profile pictures yet I never provided any references or anything like that. So here are a few options:

Two characters for a future project:

My stickman: Is right there as my current pfp.

Strigidae:

For things outside of my own characters, well... I don't have any strong attachment to anything right now. Maybe My Little Pony?

My favorite game series (off the top of my head) are: Resident Evil, Mega Man, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy (only played the 2D ones tho)

GAME: Looks like it's a valid option to ask for steam games, I would post a link to my wishlist but nah, it would be too much. I'm ok with anything really, though I lean more towards strategy games and old-school games. Don't spend more than 5$ please.

OTHERS: Like I've said, I'm okay with almost everything. A review would be cool but I prefer when they come naturally. Don't force yourself to play my games just to write a review please, it won't end good for either of us. Heck, if you want to make a simple christsmas card that works perfectly too! Now, if I had to write a list of "Don'ts" then I would put custom resources on that list. I prefer making my own so it would be a shame to work so hard for something I wouldn't use that much.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm in!

As for what I would like, uhhh, I don't really know. Fanart for my first finished game is probably something I'd appreciate, I also like legos, but that's not really site-centric.

Just gimme whatever you think I'd probably like. Anything goes.

EDIT: I don't think I am in any need of game reviews at all, so take that in mind >_<)b
Get me in on this!
This year, I think I'll say no reviews plz. Last year I was a bit too sore from what I got, especially considering it was for a game that me and a close friend made.

Instead, get me something with one (or more) of my original characters in it. Please note that nearly all of the main characters are either retroactively nonbinary or later revealed nonbinary.
Just so I don't need too much extra info about them, here's a run-down on each of the major ones:

Seth is suited best for action and cathartic violence. Their main occupations include guarding the timeline/making sure time isn't being messed with too much, and hunting down voidco dungeons run by monsters from the void. Examples of this can be found in Just in Time and 21 Years. Seth has a passion for death, greek mythology, and collecting scythes. They're pretty edgy, but have mellowed out consideribly over the years, having turned 22 recently.
Seth was originally designed as a homestuck OC for SBARG (heir of time is their title) but doesn't strictly have to be in a homestuck context. Seth is also the main character of Sethstuck. They have a great deal of adventures which take place outside of their games, mainly here and here. Please do not attempt to read everything, just stick to the games if you need to know about them.

Coda is suited best for cooking and being a close friend. Coda is most known for being a amateur trailguide. They have a great interest in temporic mythology, which is mostly unhomstuckified sbarg lore. Coda has fire powers referred to as "flame aura" which manifest as a result of their pent up anger and frustration, but have also been known to use it out of passion as well. Can be found in A Snowball's Chance, Happy Birthday, Soul!, and If You Had One Turn.

Jello is suitable for times when there is a clash between childlike innocence and heavy occurrences in adulthood. Jello is a shiny jigglypuff with anger issues. Their moveset is sing, rollout, flamethrower, and hyper voice. They tend to be involved in lolrandom adventures which sometimes get surprisingly dark. Found in Jello and the Valley of Duh, Terrible Game 1.5: Lost Marbles, and Happy Birthday, Soul!.

Lavender is my devsona and is useful if you need someone to represent me. They have a passion for cooking, sbarg/homestuck, and game development. They are primarily an artist. They have appeared in 21 Years and is slated to be in Illy's community game Olive to Cook.

Tempus is a major figure in temporic mythology and has not been seen much outside of easter egg cameos. Their major game appearances include 21 Years and Dead n Breakfast. They're written about in a fic I wrote called Tempus Epoch, which is set in the Aurelia setting, which is shared by A Snowball's Chance. They are incredibly overpowered and can use nearly any aura power as a result of being uplifted to godhood by 'Oren. They have a holographic rainbow aura gem on their chest. Tempus is basically a non-homestuck version of seth and has been rumored to have been one of the seth offshoots in a past life. This has not been verified but it's basically true. Tempus has been known to be very reserved but dangerous if provoked. They have a strong desire for justice and will protect those in need. They live on the moon most of the time.

Good luck!
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
I am game. Would love to draw one of you loveable bastards some fan art, or something!

For my own gift ideas, I am biased toward fan art or a review, but whatever one has time for will be more than enough. :D

EDIT: Okay, Mirak has a point later on. I'll be more specific on stuff I'd like, and offer insight on how to do it.

For a review, looking for either of the two event games I did this year (The Painted Knight or A Maned Lioness).

For fan art, I ought to post references of my characters that I intend to use in RPG Maker. Aside from Raziya, the others will be featured in my current WIP project, "A Lion in Scarlet". Do note I've very much okay with creative liberties for commissions and such, and I often integrate others' cool ideas for design into my art. Would not be adverse to Painted Knight fan art, but the characters I used there are also not my designs, but were taken from Makapri's sprite assets, so bear that in mind.

Raziya, lion-dudette monk, my MC
Jengo, lion-dude dark knight, Raziya's bestie
Maia, fey-fox-girl illusionist, Raziya's better half
Lovella, human (but with only a mouse-girl reference thus far) mage, scholar of magic
Nazreen, hyena (specifically a gnoll) bard, a shaman-in-training
Sign me up, Libs.

Like most peeps here, I'm fine with pretty much anything, LP, fanart, fangame, review, etc.

Complete reviews of 5 games and get a free cashcat shipped to your door! (Not really, Cashcat is already on a boat with sailors, and thus cannot be shipped.)
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I guess I'm in and in for anything.

EDIT: I'm a practical man - I like things I can make use of. Gaming's a passion, but blowing the wad on a stranger is highly unlikely (especially this time of year where there are so many obligations at home). So what would I want? The societal pressure of reviews/LPs can be a thrill as much as a hindrance, so I'm sort of wishy-washy on that front. Fanart would probably be like most people's Christmas gifts and get shelved in the closet to gather dust and I'd hate to put my Secret Santa in that position.

I'm terrible at asking for stuff (I've always gotten money for Christmas to decide on what I want later), which is why I just threw out an "anything", but now that the pressure is on, I... It's just easier to give than to receive.

FINAL EDIT: Money. However much you feel like giving. A dime. There. I'm not spending more time wracking my brain for shit to ask for.
I'm in and for anything. Let's play, small game, review, fanart, whatever.

EDIT:
Here's a wish list for anyone who might not know what to do.

1. A tribute to my deceased lizards Romeo, Sorrel, Peprika and Mew would be awesome. It could be charactersonas in a game, or art of them characterized or anything... This would be so cool.
2. Literally anything creative from my games. It can be fanart of one of my games or maybe a music track dedicated to a scene or even a oneshot fanfiction depicting some of my characters.
3. A lets play with commentary of one of my more serious games, (So anything but my Eat a Cactus games).
4. Swadloon is my pokesona so you could do something with that, it's not anything on site but I always use it as an avatar so you could maybe make an avatar out of it.
JustAShyDoge
Still a dumb and shy doggo
I'm in!

And will accept anything, even coal!(ok, maybe no negative review plz? They hurt more than coal) We'll see who gets the last laugh when ya'll freezing with your gifts :3

Edit: to help the santa who got me, I'm really fine with anything, even critique review(not just plain negative/hate thx!). If you're blank, just go for anything related to doggos or coal.
P.s do not send me dog food, thanks.
I need to do something! I haven't been very active lately. Sign me up!
I'll include a wishlist in case my Santa doesn't know where to start!

-ILLY'S WISHLIST-
Graphical assets for...
SRPG Studio (Standard Fantasy JRPG style?), Olive to Cook (Modern/Fantasy MV Tiles pref), Archive: Suriku (Fantasy/steampunk-ish graphics, think FF6 flavored VXAce tiles!)
Let's Plays and/or Reviews! (Final Fantasy:Sky Warriors, King of Grayscale, ... Pixel Story?)
Maybe a really cool animated discord avatar gif!
I'm really not too picky. Could be whatever!

Edit for other ideas:
Sadly, Steam Wishlist fulfilling can only be done if you're on their friends list. If you already are, I have an extensive wishlist you can look through.
You can always make a supershort silly gam in one of the RPGMaker engines if all of the above is too difficult/time constraining.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Pls sign me up!

As everyone else, I'll appreciate whatever, but I do love creative stuff. No matter your skill level.

I'd love any kind of fanart of my games (that is not super pantito, got enough of that one thanks!), a little music track maybe? If you want to go the extra mile I'd be happy with a let's play with voice commentary. Oh and no one has ever made a 5 minute game for me before, so that would be pretty cool too (I give you my blessing to use the graphics included in my games for this purpose, should you want to do this). All in all, whatever is made by you would be bomb.

I'll also be a bit of a bother and decline reviews, thank you. I mean, you can if you want, but I have nothing left unreviewed except for a non game so uh. Yeh.

EDIT: Non-RMN gift alternative.

Here is my steam wishlist (plenty of games under $5): https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/pattytto/

I'd like these albums https://sexualobster.bandcamp.com/

Help me relax with one of these maybe: https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-621560992-tazon-de-metal-hecho-a-mano-de-85-cm-33-in-pmeditacion-_JM
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-693705120-26in-65cm-hechos-a-mano-tibetano-meditacion-tingsha-cimb-_JM
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-647147190-diapason-madera-una-nota-campana-sanacion-tibetana-chakras-_JM#position=3&type=item&tracking_id=abf29f7d-82ed-4d11-9851-c5a0e3e998de

Uh... Idk. Vst plugins... Uh. Amazon gift cards? I don't know. Seems a lot easier to buy some acrylic paint and a sheet of nice paper to paint on, but that's just me. Or PayPal me 20 bux for nice weed. Actually yeah do that. jk
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I would like to sign up for "you know what" since the first rule of "wink wink" is don't talk about *nudge nudge*, and the second rule of "ahooooooga" is also the same.

Wishlist:

1) Review for my Legends Of Illarion 2 is always nice =)
2) Or otherwise, if you didn't really enjoy the game, then just some character fanart of any style would be good
3) $1 million CAD in unmarked non-sequential bills delivered via a sack with a dollar sign
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
I like to sign up pls. It okay if it is just review of game (just not the older ones k kskskss) or just a fanart sksksk.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Of course, I'm doing this!

Fan art, review, graphics, let's plays, anything really. I will point out that A Most Inconvenient Evening and Shackled Seas do not have reviews.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HMHMHM

SURE! : D I'm in.

I'd appreciate a review or some write-ups, or let's plays or poetry (totes poetry), or art (or fanart? my gosh, that is a thing) or whatever. (I like to keep to my own avatars tho so I likely wouldn't be able to use avatars, tho they'd still be cool).
Ask away (through Libby) if you are unsure. I do not at all mind.

Here's hoping I can deliver something nice though for the others.

Edit:
Uhm I realize I kept it vague
BUT:

- Sorceress fan art
- reviews for dem lil texty gams
- poetry. if somehow relating to me, or Christmas (not religious tho, but sth seasonal's fun. as is something about winter)
- honestly I am also pretty into zodiac stuff. so if an artsy person wanted to combine that or make art with that in mind that'd be pretty cool. (a piggy virgo i am, and a lunar pisces. and other stuff obv.) if yer not into zodiac, just skip this one
- lil gam .. i mean, i would appreciate one : D but i know they are a lot of work. and i have already been blessed with some in the past, so feel free not to do that. pls reflect me in it tho if u do

cant join this year, sry. I will be out of town for an unknown amount of time

EDIT: I actually can join, out of town dates precede the 9th
I'll also sign up.

A review for either of the swap in the middle games would be nice. I'd also be happy with a let’s play of any of my games. Or anything else really.

No one has mentioned any script or plugin requests... I’m just putting that out there.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Fomar0153
I'll also sign up.

A review for either of the swap in the middle games would be nice. I'd also be happy with a let’s play of any of my games. Or anything else really.

No one has mentioned any script or plugin requests... I’m just putting that out there.

Wouldn't say no to that either.